Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ The Horror of the Bare Cupboard ❯ The Horror of the Bare Cupboard ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
The Horror of the Bare Cupboard

By Rose Thorne

Disclaimer: Gundam Wing belongs to Bandai, Sunrise, and other large corporations and companies that I, sadly, have no affiliation with...yet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Heero woke up slowly. He quickly realized that Duo's side of the bed was empty. The Japanese pilot blinked as he glanced blearily at the clock. His eyes widened as he saw what time it was. How did I oversleep?? This was the first time he'd ever slept longer than Duo. His stomach began to plead with him for sustenance, and he got up with an annoyed sigh to quell it's whining.

He padded to the kitchen and opened the cupboard. His eyes widened and his jaw dropped as he surveyed the contents of the food storage unit. Where were they?!?! There had been a lot left just the day before! How were they gone?? His eyes narrowed as he realized who the only culprit could be. Duo!

The Japanese boy returned to the bedroom with a dangerous gleam in his eyes, quickly dressing in his typical black spandex and green tank top. He began to search for the mischievious braided American, thinking of various ways to torture the other pilot. One in particular seemed very inviting. A small smirk graced the boys lips briefly, one that would have left anyone that saw it in a strait jacket begging for the nice padded room.

His search ended in the living room, where Duo sat staring in rapt attention at the screen as Pikachu once again fried Team Rocket. The braided American cheered as the trio disappeared in their normal fashion, as a small speck of light in the sky. Beside him sat a vivid yellow box. The pilot suddenly stopped laughing, seeming to sense impending doom, and turned around. "Oi, Heero! What's up, man?" The Japanese pilot just glared at him. Duo swallowed hard, realizing that this wasn't Heero's normal "I'm-Gonna-Kill-You" look. He looked at the floor beside him, at the empty yellow box, and his eyes widened. Oh, crap... He mustered up his best "I'm-an-idiot-so-please-don't-kill-me" grin and looked at Heero. "Gee, Heero, were those yours?"

He eeped as Heero picked up the box and pointed out to the big, black, permanent lettering. It read Property of Heero Yuy. Touch and Die. Duo put on his best innocent look and scratched his head. "Um...Maybe you should have made it bigger..." Heero looked at the bold lettering, which was so big that it obscurred everything else, then glared at Duo again.

Duo tried a different tactic. "Anou...Heero...I was starving! You wouldn't want me to wither away and die would you?" Heero's glare was relentless. "You know how hungry I get after we-" Heero's hand shot out and grabbed the boy's braid. The Japanese pilot began to drag him from the room. "Ite ite ite iteiteiteite!!!"

Heero slammed the bedroom door behind them, and Duo's yelps of pain stopped as the Japanese pilot kissed him deeply. When the tongue wrestle was finally over, Duo blinked. "But..."

Cobalt eyes gleamed at him mischieviously as strong arms shoved the American pilot onto the bed. "One way or another, I'm gonna have my Pops."

~Owari~

Came to me when I was existing on 7 hours of sleep for three days. Couldn't help myself. ::collapses into bed, immediately falling asleep:: Zzzzzzzzz...