Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ The Importance of Family ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

AN Sorry for the long wait but I hope it was worth it, I'm still looking for a title though.

Summary: Heero will hold out against any torture right? Well what happens when they threaten his daughter? No original characters 13x1, 2x5, 3x4, Father/daughter, Heero/Mariemaia

Rating/Disclaimer see first chapter

Title Needed

Part 2

A thousand plans flew into and out of his mind as the door slammed shut and he found himself mentally sorting through them, dismissing them as he went. Too dangerous, impossible, too risky, something Maxwell would have come up with…

"Da-daddy…"

The soft whisper caught him by surprise, he'd never heard his little girl sound so vulnerable before, she was always happy, laughing and smiling, despite the little time they could spend with her. It would be over soon they had promised, it would be over and they could live with her and take care of her and the war wouldn't bother them again. She had nodded, said she understood but he and Treize had seen the look on her face the last time the three of them were together and they had both sworn in that moment that they were going to end this for her, that she would never have to live her life the way that theirs' had gone. It appeared that he had broken that promise.

"What is it angel?"

"We gonna die?" Eyes plaintively begged him for a reassurance he couldn't give.

What could he say? `Yes' was out obviously but he couldn't promise anything and he was not going to lie to the one person on the planet he would risk everything for, not even Treize could attest to that, he loved him of course but this was his baby.

"I don't know Marie." She was obviously looking for some kind of comfort as she kept looking at him, her split lip and bruised face a testament to how deeply he had failed her. "But I'm going to try and save us I'm just working out what to do."

Satisfied that if her daddy was working on it then it had to work out she nodded approvingly and patted him on the arm, "then it'll be ok, don't worry so much daddy, someone'll save us."

He had to turn away from the trusting look on Marie's face, what was he going to do?

***

Two guards turned from the scene they were watching on the screen, one smirked at the other.

"I told you. He's human and every human has a weakness."

The second didn't sound quite so smug though, "are you sure we shouldn't tell his Excellency?"

"I've already told you! Not until we've gotten a result, besides you know what he thinks about a child's place in the war, we get a result and just tell him that the pilot cracked, we do not tell him how we got it, he'd never approve."

The other nodded in agreement but still looked slightly reluctant, "and there's no way the tip off could be a trap?"

"No, if it was then there would be someone keeping an eye on him and he'd know about it, look at him, he's far too worried to be faking and if someone was watching then there's no way they'd have let us get away with what we are doing to him right now."

"He's right," both turned to look at the newcomer who was watching them warningly, "would you stop worrying."

"I just… it just doesn't seem right, using a child this way, I have a daughter about her age, I think I'd kill myself if I had his decision to make. Can't we try and make him talk without bringing her into it."

The other two exchanged glances, this was getting dangerous, if Treize found out about this little stunt then their life expectancy would drop to a few seconds… immediately, he just wouldn't understand that they were doing this all for him. Their colleague was becoming unexpectedly sympathetic to the pilot and his daughter, the danger that he might say something was becoming real. In hindsight they should never have chosen him to be the other third of the scheme, they'd had no choice, he'd found out and it would have caused too many questions if they'd killed him then. Not now though, they were the only ones in this part of the base, the only ones who knew that 01 was there, no one would be asking why the guard didn't show up for breakfast the next day.

Looking across the room he could see the other standing in the doorway and saw the look on his face as he reached a similar conclusion and, as one, they reached for their weapons and fired.

There was a thud as a body hit the floor and one nameless little girl lost her father. The game just became a lot more real.

***

"He's late." Duo stopped his pacing to pull a cigarette out of his pocket, a cigarette that was promptly lit and then, just as promptly, removed and stubbed out by the blonde pilot. "Hey!"

Quatre ignored the protest, "I know he's late Duo, we all know he's late but repeating it every five seconds and wearing a hole through the carpet is not going to make him walk through the door. We`ve talked to J, he said Heero emailed him and said it was going to take longer than he had originally thought to get the information."

"I don't trust him." Duo muttered darkly, "and you can't tell me you do Q." Rebelliously he lit another cigarette and inhaled slowly.

"No, no I don't," the blonde seemed to slump inwardly, "but what can we do, we don't even know where he is."

Pulling a face at the taste Duo stubbed out the cigarette himself this time. "Not yet we don't," He grinned at the quizzical look that Quatre shot him, "what do you think Trowa and Wufei are doing? They'll find him soon, no OZ computer is a match for any gundam pilot."

"What if he hasn't been put into the computers?"

"Then we'll hack J's network, you can get access from Heero's laptop and I have an emergency limited access password." Duo sudden grin promised a world of hurt, "and if I find out that J's been lying to me then I'll rip him limb from limb… literally."

***

Treize sighed and abandoned the blank document he'd been working on for the better part of half an hour to turn on the television, quickly flicking through the channels searching for any mention of his lover or one of the other pilots.

Not finding anything he sighed again and poured himself a glass of the wine that was sitting on his desk, drinking it without registering the taste. He missed his lover, he missed his daughter and he couldn't think of anything he wanted more on the Earth right now than being able to see the two of them and hear his little girl and secret lover say the three words that meant more to him than any of the dreams he'd had when he was younger, `I love you'.

Moving across to the window he looked out, half expecting to see a shooting star denoting one of the pilots' entry to Earth. Slowly he raised his glass to them before stepping back and drawing the curtains. God he hoped they were ok.

End Part 2

AN Well, lots of different scenes in that, now there are three places I could go with this, I could have Heero kill her, I could have them be saved or I could have OZ kill them both, each have potential and I have ideas for all of them so it's really up to you. Live or die?