Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ The Matchmaker ❯ Is the Kiss Worth the Kiss? ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: The Matchmaker 9/??
Author: Makoto Sagara
Series: Gundam Wing
Archive: fanfiction.net, afallenangel.net/makotosagara/, mediaminer.org, Foreverfandom.net, makochanupdates.livejournal.com; anywhere else, please ask first.
Category: Supernatural, Angst, Romance, Sap
Pairings: Eventual 2x5x2, 3x4x3, and 1xRx1
Rating: T
Warnings: Shonen ai, language, angst, sap, het, supernatural dealings
Disclaimers: Yeah, like I own Gundam Wing. (Goes off to cry, but not before turning out pockets) I am poor as well. Flames will be used to amuse my muses. They are easily entertained, but highly obnoxious.

A/N: Omg, not only did I get sucked into a 1x2 bunny, but I got possessed by this absolutely LOVELY HP Harry/Draco fic. Omg, it is so, so, so worth the read and distraction. I was riveted, much like Wufei last chapter! Ask me if you want to know the name. Anyway, last chapter was fun, right? Hehe!!!!!
Chapter Nine - Is the Kiss Worth the Kiss?
Wufei blinked as he stared at the man sitting next to him, trying to process what he'd said. `He just asked me to kiss him. What should I do?'
“If you don't kiss me, I'm making you sleep out on that couch, Wufei,” the American practically purred as he tilted his head, eyes still closed. “I'm giving you until the count of three. One. Two. Thr-”
Wufei leaned over and kissed Duo before he could finish the last word, his blood pounding in his ears. He let out a moan that would have embarrassed him if he wasn't so aroused while the other man wrapped long, lean arms around his neck and scooted closer to him. Slowly, he unclenched his hands and put them on Duo's slim hips, pulling him practically into his own lap. He breathed deeply through his nose as he ran his tongue across the other's soft lips, which opened almost automatically, eliciting a groan from both men that was muffled by each other's mouth.
Distractedly, he could feel Duo's nimble fingers as they pulled on his ponytail, letting his soft hair fall around his face, and then began to grab, twist, and bunch sections possessively. `Ancestors, who knew that he could kiss like this,' he thought vaguely, the last bit of rationality leaving as Duo carefully swung one leg over his lap and straddled his legs.
The moment that their clothed erections brushed against each other, Wufei flipped over the other man without breaking the kiss, his hands moving to the bottom of the American's shirt, determined to divest them both of their clothing as soon as possible. He froze as Duo hissed in pain, pulling away as if burned and looked his friend over to make sure that there was no damage done. “Duo?”
“I'm okay, `Fei,” the other said, pain lacing his words as he panted to gain his breath back. “I just jarred my leg against the end of the bed.”
Nodding, Wufei pulled back. “I'll get you your medication, in that case,” he said, trying to bury the guilt he felt at pushing the situation while Duo was in no condition to do anything strenuous. “I'll have dinner sent up as well.”
“Mkay,” Duo responded as he pulled his body so that he rested with his back against the bed's headboard. Wufei watched him carefully, his emotions conflicting as he did so. His blood still raged with desire for the American, while guilt and anger at himself for pushing so much so quickly burned just as intensely.
While it was obvious that there was something between the two of them, there were also too many unanswered questions and things that had to be addressed before they went any further. No matter what his rebellious body wanted, Wufei was bound to treat this as reasonably as possible. A romantic relationship with Duo was secondary to the fact that they were friends and had been for years now. There was entirely too much at risk to jump into anything blindly.
However, he supposed any questioning that needed to be answered could wait until the next day. But then, he would have answers, and there was nowhere for Duo to run to now.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Relena blinked a few more times, her face unreadable, and Heero could feel his face flushing in the aftermath of his confession. This hadn't exactly been how he'd wanted to tell her, but… Now, he couldn't take it back. And he really didn't want to either. However, her silence and non-action was beginning to make him regret just blurting his declaration out. `I wish Duo was here to tell me that I'm being an idiot.'
“R-really, Heero, that's not funny,” Relena stammered, reaching for her wine glass. “In fact, in light of everything we've done, that's quite cruel.”
“I meant it,” Heero snarled, repressing the urge to drag her out of the restaurant.
The woman who he'd known for so long just stared at him, an unreadable expression in her blue eyes as she took a large sip of the alcohol. “Then, might I ask why you felt the need to blurt it out like that?”
“I-” He growled quietly as his thoughts died in his throat. “It is difficult for me to… talk about… feelings,” he finally said.
“Hm, yes, I know that, but that was rather abrupt,” she replied calmly.
`What in the world does she want from me?' he thought. “How should I have gone about it then?”
A shy smile ghosted across her lips. “I suppose that the way you did it is perfect for you. However, a girl does like to be wooed.”
He snorted at those words. “Wooing is something that I have no basis for.”
“I'm aware of that, Heero.”
The waitress appeared and placed their food in front of them, cutting off their conversation for a few moments. The Japanese man stared at the plate of food, wishing he knew what to do. He could feel his face shut down all expressions the longer they sat there in silence, picking at their respective dinners.
“How did you manage to convince the Council to give you so much time off?” Heero asked after their dinner plates were taken away. “Before I left, they were barely letting you go home every night.”
Relena laughed softly at his comment, her discomfort obvious. “Well, I did explain that I needed my bodyguard back and that if they didn't let me `retrieve' you, I'd retire.”
“Retired at eighteen then?” He could feel his mouth quirking up into a small smile.
“Yes, it does have a nice ring to it,” she said wistfully. “However, the vultures were nice enough to let me have my way so that I wouldn't abandon them to actually doing work for a change. Besides, I really do need you to protect me.”
Heero snapped his head up to stare directly into the woman's eyes and she blushed furiously. “For how long?”
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Two men stood in a darkened room, with only the lamplight from the one, high window in the room adding any illumination.
“What do you mean that you failed to get him while he was in the hospital? I practically gift-wrapped him for you!” The first shrieked in a high voice.
“02 seems to be wilier than he was given credit for, even during the war,” the second said apologetically. “And the other Gundam pilots are constantly around him. Not to mention that Vice-Foreign Minister Peacecraft visits nearly every day.”
“What do you plan on doing about this?”
“He has been released from the hospital. 05 has taken him to the hotel where the others are staying, and then plans to take him to Paris so that he can be seen by Major Po of the Preventers.”
“We told the client that we would have him taken care of by the Spring Equinox. That is three weeks away. You have two to do so. I expect you to finish your task, or I will finish you and send someone else in. Understood?”
“Yes, Boss.”
“Good, get out of my face.”
TBC