Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ The Perfect Soldier's Mistake ❯ Eyes of the Night ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]


Prologue:
Eyes of the Night

"You have your hopes, and you have your dreams.
You have your future on its light moonbeams.
You have your family, and that's just fine.
For I have the night, and the night is mine."

Day had fallen, and night had set, but the hour was still young for those few nocturnal souls of darkness. Kat wandered the streets of some town, its name unknown to her. The sky was clear, and star-lit, but her attention was focused on something else.
She was an orphan, as she had been for many years. She would wander the streets, from town to town, searching for a home to call hers. When she became hungry, she would beg from the townspeople. When that wasn't enough, she was forced to steal to live. No orphanage would take her in, nor any house she would stop by. She traveled by the alleys and by night, preferring the peace and calmness it gave her.
So when, that night, there came several shouts and sounds of running feet she was surprised. She dashed behind the decorative shrubbery of a nearby house, just as several men dressed in gray uniforms dashed by, shouting about some boy that had supposedly run by just a few seconds ago.
She waited for the men to pass, and when they were well out of sight she stepped out into the alley again. She stared after the men, wondering what had just happened, when she felt like someone was watching her. She turned around and found herself looking at an oriental boy in his teenage years. Wide blue eyes met his icy cold glare, as she stared at him with shock and disbelief. No one had ever been able to sneak up on her. She stepped back in surprise and slipped on the loose gravel in the alleyway. She landed on the pavement, and then checked herself quickly to see if she was hurt. When she looked up again, only a few moments later, the boy was gone. She stared at the spot that he had just occupied, and thought about the cold blue eyes that would haunt her dreams for nights to come.


Author's note: So, how did ya'll like it? My first REALLY serious fic. No humor at all. ^.^ I'm proud. I wrote the poem at the top, too, if any of you care. ^.^ I'm having trouble thinking of a name…I'm just gonna leave it untitled for now…. If you have any suggestions, please tell me. I'm completely stumped. Thanks ya'll! Don't forget to review! ^.^ I'll have the next part out soon. The rest of the G-boyz enter there.

Next: A Life Lost, A Life Saved

And BTW:
Disclaimer: I don't own Gundam Wing. I'm not making any money, so don't sue. But I DO own Kat. She is MY creation.