Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ The Slinky Incident ❯ Everyone knows it's Slinky! ( One-Shot )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Standard Disclaimer: I own nothing, so don't sue me. Please?! ~Cries and begs on hands and knees~

As of now, there are no pairings. I didn't think there were any interesting things naked people could do with Slinkys. So there. //_~

"Hey Hee-chan?" Yelled one, Duo Maxwell. "You haven't seen my Slinky around here have you?"

"Your what?"

"My Slinky. You know, the metal thingy I play with."

Heero thought hard about this one. "The metal thingy you play with is in Trowa's room." He said matter-of-factly.

Duo looked annoyed. "Not that metal thingy! You know, `What walks down stairs? Alone or in pairs? And makes a Slinkity sound?' That one. Jeez…"

"Oh." Said Heero. "That one. Um, I think I saw it in the kitchen last."

"Thanks!!" Yelled Duo, but before Heero could look up, there was no one there. Only skid marks remained.

"Hn. Silly baka."

Wufei was peacefully making cookies for Quatre when the whirlwind hit. It came as a blinding force and stopped suddenly.

"Hey Wuffie! You seen my Slinky in here somewhere?" Duo cheerfully asked. "Hee-chan said he saw it in here."

The solitary pilot only ignored the pronunciation of his honourable name and returned to his cookies. His silence only made Duo more impatient.

"Then where is it?!" He screamed.

A groan from upstairs caught his attention.

"Hey! Trowa's upstairs!"

And the dust cloud covered Wufei before he could even blink.

"Hn. Domo baka."

The day had been a hard one for Trowa. He'd been on a mission until early that morning and he came home tired. He decided to make some tea and toast and go to his room. During his breakfast `mission', he found a Slinky lying on the counter.

"Wow. I haven't seen one of these for years. I thought they'd all disappeared. Oh well."

And he picked it up and slipped it onto his wrist. (Hey, I can do it too.) After eating his toast, he thought he'd play with the ancient toy.

"Now to find some stairs where I won't bother anyone." He thought. And an idea struck him. "The attic stairs! Of course. What a great idea." And he went in search of his fun source.

The pull tie for the stairs was above the bathroom door on the ceiling. He reached up (must be nice to be that tall) and pulled it. The stairs fell silently and he crept up to the musty attic. He got everything ready and let the metal spring go. It clanked and chimed all the way down to the bottom and landed in a heap. Just as Trowa stepped down from the top stair, he tripped on a loose board and fell. Hitting each step on the way down, he landed with a grunt at the bottom. All he saw was that damned Slinky coming straight at his face…

Duo came running up the stairs and stopped at the top. He stood staring at the sight before him. Trowa was lying on the ground face first, apparently unconscious. And beside him was.. "MY SLINKY!!" Duo chirped. Hurrying to get it, he completely bypassed Trowa and hugged his shiny prize. "I'll never let you go again!" He stepped over Trowa and went back downstairs. Trowa could vaguely remember his chest being stepped on, but everything was a bit hazy.

Downstairs again, Duo did the honours of showing Heero and Wufei his treasure. Heero scoffed and went back to repairing the VCR. Wufei just turned his nose up at him and went back to feeding Quatre cookies and milk. Duo sat unhappily until a grumpy figure came downstairs. Everyone looked up at the disheveled body. Trowa slumped down in an overstuffed chair and pouted. Heero was the first to speak up.

"Um. Trowa?" He was shot a dirty look. "What the Hell happened to you?"

"I fell down the stairs." He said gruffly. "Chasing a Slinky."

Duo peeked up and fingered his shiny friend. (Not that friend you sickos! //_~) He calmly walked over to the irate Heavyarms pilot and showed it to him.

"Is this the one you meant?" He asked, as he held it right in Trowa's face. Trowa quickly looked up and screamed.

"Aaaggghhh!! That's the culprit! It attacked me!" He shrieked.

"You're crazy. Slinky's can't hurt people. They're metal springs. Boy Tro, you really had a hard day didn't you?" With a flip of his braid, Duo went upstairs. Trowa finished his rant about killer Slinky's and Smurf assassins with Wufei and went upstairs. Heero raised his eyebrows about the Smurf thing, but said nothing.

Trowa got upstairs and wanted to get to sleep. //Maybe some music will help me sleep. // He thought. He flipped on the radio and got undressed for bed. Just as his head hit the pillow, he heard the haunting refrains of a dreaded commercial come on. He grabbed his pillow and covered his head. The others could just hear his screams over the frightening tune. `What walks down stairs? Alone or in pairs? And makes a Slinkity sound? A spring! A spring! A marvelous thing! Everyone knows it's Slinky! Everyone knows it's Slinky!' As Trowa cried himself to sleep that night, he swore he could hear sinister laughter and his bedroom door opening. Not to mention hearing the sound of metal clinking against metal gradually getting closer to his bed…

Owari…hehehe…

A/N~Frightened? I sure am! And I have a Slinky next to my bed too! ~cries~ I hate scary endings. ~hears metal sounds and runs away screaming~ Aahh!! //_~ Ja ne!