Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Three Minutes ❯ Chapter 1

[ A - All Readers ]
Disclaimer: GW ain’t mine…nope…no way…
A.N.: Sorry for the mean streak lately Duo. You know I do it cuz I love you…ne?
****************
Three Minutes

Heero glared at the time display once again. Three minutes left. Once again he let that little voice scream at him that he was going to fail. If only he were the one strapped to the bomb. Duo could have had this thing disarmed in a heartbeat. Bombs like this were his specialty. Unfortunately, Duo was the one out cold and strapped to a ticking instrument of destruction.

“How could I have screwed up so badly as to let this happen?” Heero continued to look through the wires, trying to locate the detonator. “Why did I let you out of my sight?” Running a finger along a likely trail, Heero allowed his gave to flicker briefly to the face of the young man laying before him. How he wished Duo would just wake up and direct him on how to disarm the contraption that held him to the floor. He didn’t want to die just yet. And he certainly didn’t want Duo to die.

Eyes going back to the task at hand, Heero sighed inwardly. 2 minutes, 30 seconds left and he had yet to find the blasted detonator. This was not looking good and Heero knew it. He looked back into Duo’s slacken face. “If I had only told you…”

But he hadn’t. Duo complained that Heero was just too quiet. In reality, Heero was just afraid of what’s he’d say. He’d been head over heels for the braided wonder since the day he’d broke him out of that OZ hospital. He never knew how to act around the object of his desires. Cold and distant had worked so far, but now he wondered if it had been the right course.

One minute. “Crap!” He’d let his mind slip off the mission! Scrambling, he finally located the little box that would either save them or kill them.

Duo stirred. “Anyone get the number of that bus? I think I’m gonna sue…” He tried to sit up, but a weight sat squarely on the middle of his chest. “What the…?” Opening his eyes, Duo saw Heero bent over him, messing around with a clearly ticking box on top of him. “Well this is not my idea of how to wake up.”

Heero’s head snapped around upon hearing Duo’s voice. Maybe they weren’t so dead after all. “02! You are awake. I need you to talk me through disarming the explosive on top of you.”

Duo had figured out it was a bomb, but to hear the almighty, perfect Heero Yuy admit he couldn’t take care of it himself. What a treat! He could now die happy…well not really. Knowing that now was not the time for jokes, Duo got down to business. “Time left on the clock?”

“45 seconds” Heero snapped. Duo grimaced inwardly. Not much to work with. “Wire connection colors?” “Blue and yellow.” Heero recited, small trimmer in his voice. Duo nodded curtly. “Can you cut them at the same time? No…you’ve have tried that already…” Duo bit his lip, taking a mental guess. “Cut the blue one.” Heero looked straight into Duo’s eyes. “Are you sure?” Duo, knowing he had Heero’s full attention, nodded.

The world went white.