Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Time ❯ Trowa's Story ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

PAIRINGS: 1 x 2, 3 x 4. . . 5 x Gorilla - ha ha, No, not really! *laughs*

WARNINGS: Yaoi/shounen-ai, AU (Well, it might not be. Except I took some liberties with the pilots pasts), language, some angst, some fluff, set after Endless Waltz, perhaps a few spoilers. . . not to many. POV and not POV.

DISCLAIMER: I don't own Jack, Gundam Wing, Backstreet Boys (Or their songs) or anything else I happen to use in this fic.

NOTES: Series of ficlets, basically. Some in POV, others not. Each ficlet is based on the words to a certain verse of the song. Tell me what you think! I haven't done this Before!!!!!

FEEDBACK: I crave - please?? I'll love you forever!! Even more than I love my Fruits Basket boxed set!!!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

//I know that I, I can't believe

Just what the past has brought me

To the man I wanna be

I know that we have had some times

That we can't forget the struggle

Cause we have so far to go//

Trowa:

Christmas Eve. It's hard to believe that we have made it this far. It's been five years since the last major threat to peace, the peace that we, the Gundam Pilots, helped create through bloodshed. So much bloodshed.

And it seems that the people of today are already starting to forget our sacrifices. It's a shame, and yet I am partially glad. Some people are beginning to forget, they are no longer calling me a killer when I pass them in the streets. But that is what I am, no matter where I am now or how much I believe I have changed.

I was a no name when I began. I took someone else's name. And yet, although I was a no name back then, I am that person now. I respond to the name Trowa immediately. And it's my legal name. Quatre fixed that for me. Doing one of those things that he does that makes me feel more like a somebody and less like a nobody.

I am glad of the war, in a way. If I hadn't been fighting in Heavyarms that day, fighting for the freedom of the colonies, I would never have met Quatre, my life partner.

After the Mariemeia incident I went back to the circus. Quatre found me there. He searched for me and found me. He told me that he would love my company and would love to work along side me again.

I consented to working in Preventers with him and, not a month later; I was living in Quatre's house. I must admit it was strange for a time, six months in fact, living with the man I longed for but thought I would never get. I didn't think that someone with no name would be worthy of the heir to the Winner fortune.

Then, one night, we were drunk and Quatre confessed. I confessed as well, confessed my love for him. I refused him that night, however, telling him my reasoning behind why he shouldn't like me, why I didn't deserve him. The next day Trowa Barton was my legal name and Quatre was asking me out.

It's strange to think about it but I am where I want to be, now - working in Preventers, one of the top agents; living with the man of my dreams, and; three great friends behind my back whenever I need them. But I can never forget the path that was taken to reach this happiness. The path that was taken to reach this peace, both for me and for the world and for the colonies, was one that was marred with thousands of lost lives - a sea of blood and tears. No matter what happens in the future, I can not lose sight of the past.

I have a long way to go yet with Quatre. I have a long way to go before I fully understand my friends. I have a lot of work ahead of me to keep this tentative peace that exists now. I hope that, so long as I keep sight of the past, I will be able to face the future confidently.

We can't forget our struggle, because we still have so far to go. I understand and I accept.