Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Universal Clash ❯ Differences ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Disclaimer: The G-boys belong to Bandai and Sunrise. The Ronins belong to Sunrise.

Author's notes: This chapter is from a Ronin view.

Rowen walked ahead of everybody, sending glances every now and then to the others. One of them seemed like he was going to explode.
"This is so totally bogus!!" the one called Duo yelled. "This was supposed to be a vacation! Now our vacation is ruined and it's a mission!"
"This can't be all bad," Cye tried to soothe.
"How!?" Duo yelled, turning to him. "Name one way this could be worse!"
"You could be dead," Kento suggested.
Duo sighed. "Forget it. Just forget it. You won't ever be able to know what I feel right now."
"Probably a little insane," Quatre said. "Don't worry Duo, I'm sure we're going to be fine. Right?" he asked Heero.
Heero ignored Quatre. Rowen stopped and looked at him. "Are you okay?"
". . . I'm fine."
Duo groaned. "Aww man! Quick! Get a doctor!"
"It's not that bad," Heero muttered, smacking Duo upside the head as he walked by him.
"You cannot walk well," Trowa stated. "Maybe we should stop."
"I said I'm fine," Heero stated.
Duo shook his head. "Get real Heero. You've been in pain ever since that soldier dude sliced your leg open."
"When did that happen?" Quatre asked.
Cye looked over to him. "When I first saw them. When the Nether Realm sent troops over to us, he got hurt."
Duo looked blank. "Huh?"
Heero groaned as he collapsed. He grabbed his leg and peeled off the bandage. The flesh underneath it was infected.
Quatre gasped and covered his mouth. "Why didn't you say anything?"
Kento supported Heero with Duo. "Rowen? Where is the nearest safest place?"
"Subway," Rowen said. "Let's go."
Kento and Duo helped Heero along as they followed Rowen into the subway, with Cye, Trowa, and Quatre following behind.

Ryo walked in front with Sage as that Wufei guy followed.
"Where are we going?" Wufei asked.
"We're looking for friends of ours," Ryo answered. "After we find ours, we will look for yours."
"Why do we have to wait to find my allies?" Wufei asked impatiently.
Sage sighed. "Because if we find ours, there will be more of us to look for your friends."
Wufei scowled and fell silent.
Ryo sighed. "I wonder where everybody went?"
"Is that Mia?" Sage asked, pointing down an alleyway. "Who is with her?"
"Ryo! Sage!" Mia cried out as she ran to them.
"Are you all right?" Ryo asked as they caught up to them.
"Huh? Relena?" Wufei asked. "When did you meet with them?"
Relena looked at Wufei. "Hello, Wufei. I met them when everybody got captured."
"Mia and Relena ran into each other!" Yuli piped up.
Ryo looked at Wufei and Relena. "You know each other?"
Relena nodded. "Wufei is a pilot I know."
Sage cocked his head. "Pilot? What do you fly?"
"None of your business," Wufei replied.
"Keep up that attitude and I sic my tiger on you," Ryo cautioned.
"Is that a threat?" Wufei asked. "Well, go ahead with it."
Mia stepped between them. "Stop it. Where are the others?"
"Ryo! Sage! Mia! Yuli!" Rowen called from the subway. "Over here!"
Everyone ran over to where Rowen was. They followed him down into the subway system.
"Rowen?" Ryo questioned. "Do you have several guys with you?"
"Yeah," Rowen said. "One of them has got a pretty bad infection. Sage will need to heal it."
Wufei and Relena looked at each other. "Heero."
"You know them?" Rowen asked.
"Duo, Trowa, Quatre, and Heero?" Relena asked. "Yes, they are the ones I was telling you about, remember Mia? Yuli?"
Mia nodded. "Yes, I remember."
Yuli shook his head. "Nope. I wasn't paying attention."
"Yuli," Ryo reprimanded, "don't be rude."
"Sorry Ryo," Yuli said. "I'm sorry, Miss Relena."
"That's all right," Relena assured him. "I'm used to rude people."
Rowen walked into a room, where Duo was pounding against the wall.
"Stupid. Heero. Never. Thinks. To. Ask. Us. Anything," he said as he pounded the wall with each word. "I. Could. Kill. Him."
Cye was trying to stop him. "Duo, please stop. You're going to hurt yourself."
Quatre looked up as they walked into the room. "Relena! Wufei! You're all right!"
Duo stopped pounding the wall long enough to glance at them. "Wufei? Relena?"
"What's going on?" Sage asked.
Duo gave the wall one last kick. "Heero's got a nasty infection in his leg. He got it when we were fighting this weird soldiers."
Sage sighed. "All right. I'll go heal him."
"We don't have a medical kit," Quatre stated. "Trowa's doing what he can, but it isn't enough."
"Explain to them while I heal him," Sage said and went into the room where Heero and Trowa were.
"Excuse me . . ." Sage began.
The guy that was in the room with Heero whirled around and attacked him. Seconds later, Sage was given a flying lesson.
"Crap!" Sage yelled as he went flying back into the other room. He landed on his back and skidded to a halt.
Duo snorted. Seconds later he was laughing so hard he was grabbing his ribs. "Trowa flipped him! Smooth move Trowa! He went in there to help Heero!"
Trowa appeared in the doorway. "My apologies. I was not aware you entered the room to help."
Ryo and Rowen pulled Sage to his feet, who shook his head. "No problem."
Trowa nodded to Wufei and Relena before going back into the room.
"Well?" Kento asked.
"Don't push it," Sage growled. He went into the room after Trowa and knelt by Heero.
Heero opened his eyes and looked at Sage. "Who are you?"
Sage didn't reply, instead carefully cleaning Heero's leg. After a few moments, he concentrated and started healing his leg.
Sage was dimly aware that Trowa was watching him like a hawk. "There. Done," Sage said as he stood. "Rest for a few minutes, and then try walking."
Heero sat up and felt his leg. "Not bad," he muttered and attempted to stand up.
Sage reached over and offered him a steady hand. Heero ignored it, and stood up. He shook his leg to get the blood flowing and walked off.
Sage sighed and followed him into the other room, with Trowa behind him.
Ryo looked up as Heero walked in the room. "How are you feeling?"
"Let's go," Heero commanded and walked off.
"Where are you going?" Kento asked.
Rowen held out his arm to stop Heero. "Wait! We need to know some information."
Heero grabbed Rowen's held out arm and flipped him over onto the ground. "Never get in my way."
"Sage heals you, and this is how you thank us!?" Rowen cried out on the ground.
"I didn't ask for it," Heero stated.
"It wouldn't have been right!" Sage cried. "No one should die like that!"
Relena looked at him. "So you healed him out of pity?"
"I don't need your pity," Heero said and walked up the stairs.
"Don't be so stupid!" Mia yelled at him. "If you had any compassion, you would stay and listen to what we have to say!"
Heero stopped and glared at her. "Listen to me. I don't care what you think of me. I wouldn't even care if you fell off a bridge. I was not trained to have compassion, I was trained to kill." Heero pulled out a gun and aimed it at her. "Give me one second."
"Heero! Put that thing away!" Quatre cried out. "Don't shoot her!"
Mia remained silent. Heero put down his gun and ran up the rest of the stairs.
Duo got up and ran after Heero. "Wait for me!"
Trowa and Wufei ran silently after Duo. Quatre hesitated before he went. "I'm sorry. I guess we are too different." He and Relena followed the others out of the subway.

Kento punched the wall. "That went well."
Mia was still silent after Heero threatened to kill her. Ryo went over to her and put his arm around her to comfort her. "Don't worry about it." Mia nodded.
"Should we go after them?" Cye asked. "We can't let them get killed just because we don't like them."
"After what Heero did to Mia?" Sage asked. "No way."
"The obviously don't want pity," Yuli said. "They are all kind of scary."
"What did Heero mean when he said he was trained to kill?" Kento asked.
"I'm not sure," Rowen said. "I wish that we could have talked to them. Maybe we should go after them."
Mia looked up. "Did you notice something strange about them? They didn't seem, I don't know, human."
Ryo looked at her. "What do you mean?"
Mia shrugged. "Everything was different about them. Their eyes, their posture, their attitudes. Most people would be thankful they are alive after what's happened, but they act like it's no big deal surviving."
"Posture!" Sage cried out. "That's it!"
Everyone looked at him. "What do you mean?" Rowen asked.
Sage smiled widely, looking like he just answered the million dollar question. "Their posture. It was a battle stance. I thought I recognized Wufei's stance. I think it was a Chinese stance."
"Battle stance?" Cye asked. "Are you sure? They looked like they were just standing around to me."
Sage shook his head. "No way. My father taught me how to see battle stances. The way they were standing meant that they would be able to move in one swift motion and be prepared to fight. They would have to have been trained very different than us."
"So they are warriors?" Yuli asked.
"Apparently so," Ryo said. "I wonder who they really are. Where do they come from?"
"Did you hear that?" Yuli asked.
Cye nodded. "Yeah, it sounds like the Dynasty."
"We have to go help those people," Rowen insisted.
"Why!?" Kento exploded. "If we do, they'll just pull a gun on us like Mia."
"Maybe I had it coming," Mia said quietly. "I did insult him, after all."
Sage looked at Mia. "What!? You shouldn't be threatened like that!"
Ryo looked away. "They don't want our help. It's what they want."
Cye stared at him. "What!? No way! I'm going to help. If we don't, we are not doing our job as a Ronin Warrior."
"So it's only Cye and I that are going to go?" Rowen asked angrily. "That's just fine."
Cye was angry also. "All right then. Let's go Rowen."
Rowen nodded and they armored up and ran up the subway tunnel entrance, looking for the others.