Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Universal Clash ❯ New Lessons ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Disclaimer: They don't belong to me. They belong to Sunrise and Bandai and whoever else.
Author's notes: Please tell me what you think of this. I need positive reviews to help me finish my other stories.

Heero sat on the ground, leaning against a tree. He closed his eyes and cherished the silence. "It's so peaceful here," he said to himself. "No Duo yapping my ears off, nothing but the wilderness and me." He sighed and leaned back farther.
"Heero?" a tentative whisper broke the silence.
"Yes, Alla?" Heero said and opened his eyes. He looked around and saw Alla peeking out from under a bush. "Come here," he said and patted the ground beside him.
Alla slowly came out and sat in front of him. "The others are in the village now. We need to meet with them."
"Soon," Heero said and stretched. "It's so odd. I feel like I know this place. It's like it's from a dream." He leaned back and stared up at the sky. "It's almost like my body remembers. My mind has no recollection," he said softly as he stared at the clouds moving lazily through the sky.
"What does your body remember?" Alla asked quietly and moved next to him.
Heero closed his eyes. "There's something over the mountains. My soul says so. It is almost like I've been there. Isn't that strange?"
"No," Alla said. "This world is created from dreams and people's imaginations. It is natural to feel like you want to know this place."
"That's not it," Heero said and sat up. "I have been here before." He looked around. "I know it. Over there," he said and pointed. "There's a building there. And another one that way," he said, pointing in the opposite direction.
Alla looked dumbfounded. "There's no way you could know that. Absolutely, positively, no way you could know that."
"But I do," Heero insisted. "It feels, like . . ." he trailed off, thinking. "Home."
Alla shuffled around. "Come on, we need to get to the village."
"Yeah," Heero said absently. "Let's go."
He followed Alla towards the village, which he could see on the other side of the lake.

"When is that Heero guy going to be here?" Kento asked impatiently.
"Please wait a little longer," Quatre said. "He should be here soon."
"I'm getting more nervous as time goes by," Relena admitted. She was pacing the floor of the ritual building they were in.
"Me too," Mia said. "I've never been possessed before."
Kell looked at her and smiled. "Don't think of it as being possessed. Think of it as giving another being a body to live in."
Ryo looked concerned. "Is it possible that the entities will not leave their bodies?" "Of course," Kell said.
"What!?" everyone exclaimed at once.
Kell looked around. "It's possible, but it rarely happened. Unless the speaker is unkind, they will not leave, for fear of destruction, suffering, and pain. Kind people are more connected to life. Unkind ones are easier to control."
Duo sighed. "Well, at least us pilots aren't getting possessed. We've killed more people than we can count."
"But you kill to protect," Kell said. "There's a difference in killing to protect and killing to conquer."
"Yeah," Duo said absently.
The Ronins all looked worried about Mia. Duo and Quatre were the only ones visibly worried about Relena. Trowa and Wufei kept to themselves.
"You know," Kell said, "Both of you don't have to go. One can stay behind."
"No way," Relena and Mia said together.
"Why?" Sage asked. "How come one of you won't stay?"
Relena looked at Mia and smiled. "Because if one of us stays, the other goes alone. Teamwork isn't about backing out on a companion."
"Besides," Mia said. "I'm kind of curious. It could be a once in a lifetime chance to see what we might see."
Rowen sighed. "Women are so stubborn."
"They never give up," Ryo said.
"Especially when it come to a fight," Wufei said.
"No kidding," Cye said. "I always lose the fights to my sister."
Quatre nodded in agreement. "I always lose to my sisters too. All twenty-nine of them."
"Twenty-nine!?" the Ronins exclaimed.
"I thought one was bad enough," Cye said. "But twenty-nine?"
Mia looked up as footsteps were heard on the path. "Heero's here with Alla."
"About time," Kento muttered.
"Where've you been!?" Duo called out as he saw him.
"No where," Heero said as he caught up to them. "When are we going start?"
"Anytime now," Kell said. "The elder should be here any moment."
"How do you know?" Alla asked.
Kell pointed. "He's right there."
The elder walked over to them and smiled. "Welcome, children. Are you ready?"
"As ready as I'll ever be," Relena said.
"Good, then sit on the colored areas of the floor," the elder commanded. "The entities will speak through the girls. If they are able, they will take our minds to see different things." He looked rather excited at the thought.
"I have a question," Heero said.
"What is it?" the elder asked patiently.
"What happens if Orra attacks while we are gone?" Heero asked. "We are completely unable to defend ourselves against an attack."
The elder sighed and looked concerned. "We do have soldiers who will protect us. But if we die with our minds gone, our spirits will leave as well. Our minds will wander the afterlife with no aim. Our bodies will slowly disintegrate, leaving our souls in agony."
"A simple 'we die' would have been efficient," Duo said.
"It is not death," Alla said. "It's something between death."
Sage thought a second. "So, it would be like limbo?"
"Sort of," Kell said. "Only with spirits. Not flesh and bone."
"Well!" Kento said brightly. "Let's get this on with before I run away screaming like a maniac!"
Alla and Kell positioned themselves by the doorway. "We won't let anyone come in here," Alla said.
Everyone watched as the statues behind Mia and Relena started glowing. Two white energy spheres came out of the statues and entered Mia and Relena.

Wufei was sprawled flat on his back, gazing around his surroundings. "Well, this is boring. Where am I?"
"You're with me."
Wufei pushed himself until he was standing and looked around. "Who're you?"
Mia appeared, glowing pale blue and with an echoing voice. "I've been wanting to speak with you. What is your name?"
"Chang Wufei," Wufei replied.
"Are you from a Chinese lineage?" Mia/spirit asked.
"Yeah," Wufei answered shortly.
Mia/spirit smiled warmly at him. "What is your sense of integrity?"
Wufei thought a minute. "I have my own sense of integrity. It took me a while to find it, but it's there."
"Are you happy?" Mia/spirit asked.
"I think so," Wufei replied. "Yes, I'm happy."
"Then you may leave. Work harder with other people. You are here to help others."
The area around Wufei glowed and he disappeared.

Rowen looked around. "Hey! Where is everyone!?"
"Hello, Strata."
"Who's there?" Rowen asked.
Relena appeared from the mist around him and looked at him. "Strata, where is your heart?"
Rowen looked confused. "My heart? I've always believed it's with my friends."
"Why is your heart, your most valuable treasure, with your friends?" Relena/spirit asked.
"Because they are the ones I have faith in," Rowen replied. "I can always count on them to help me out, no matter what."
"Are you happy?" Relena/spirit asked.
"When I am with my friends," Rowen answered truthfully. "Every time that I'm with them makes me happy."
"Then you may leave. Remember, friendship can overcome even the darkest hour. Become friends with others, and you will all be victorious."
The area around Rowen glowed and he disappeared.

"Well, this is just the armpit of gloom," Duo complained. "Man, just when I was having fun, I'm blasted to a universe that is full of weird people."
"They aren't all bad."
Duo looked around. "Hi. Who are you?"
Mia/spirit came before him and looked at him. "Are you unhappy?"
"Only because I don't know where I'm at," Duo replied. "Other than that, no, I'm a pretty happy guy."
"You are the one that never get down," Mia/spirit said. "No matter what situation you are in."
Duo shrugged. "What can I say? I love my life. Well, most of it."
"When are you happy, God of Death?" Mia/spirit asked.
"When I feel secure. When I'm around the others," Duo replied.
"Then you may leave. Keep your sunny disposition. When darkness comes, you will see the light."
The area around Duo glowed and he disappeared.

Kento made a face and sat down. "What am I doing here?"
"Hello. You are here to learn."
"Okay then. Who are you?" Kento asked.
Relena/spirit appeared in front of him and looked at him. "What do you think of the pilots? Do you like them?"
"Well," Kento said, "except for Duo they aren't the friendliest guys around. But I guess they're all right."
"When are you happy?" Relena/spirit asked.
Kento scratched his head. "I'm not sure. I know when I'm happy because I feel all warm inside. It's whenever something good happens."
Relena/spirit nodded. "Good things come when you least expect them to. Be a friend to others, and they will come through in the end."
"Yeah, that's usually how it goes," Kento said. "I'm willing to be a friend, if others are also willing."
"Then you may leave. Remember, always be a friend to others, for they are the help you will need."
The area around Kento glowed and he disappeared.

Trowa looked around cautiously. He had learned to be careful when he is in a new environment.
"Please, relax."
"Who's out there?" Trowa asked.
Mia/spirit appeared before him. "Why are you so cautious? You needn't be worried here."
"It's part of my training," Trowa said.
Mia/spirit looked at him. "When are you happy?"
"When I was with Catherine at the circus," Trowa answered. "She made me feel happy."
"To her, you are her brother," Mia/spirit stated. "Are you happy when you are doing stunts with her?"
"Yes," Trowa replied. "She's the one I trust the most."
"Then you may leave. Remember those who love you. In darkness, they will keep your sanity."
The area around Trowa glowed and he disappeared.

Sage sighed and looked around himself. "I was hoping I would be with the others."
"No, but you are with me."
"Why am I alone?" Sage asked as Relena/spirit appeared in front of him.
"So I may talk to you," Relena/spirit stated. "Are you happy?"
Sage thought a minute. "Yes, I am happy."
"Do you think the pilots are happy?" Relena/spirit asked.
"No," Sage replied. "The world they appeared in is not their world. It's our world, and they seem like they want to destroy anything that gets in their way."
"That is their nature. That is how they were trained in life," Relena/spirit explained.
Sage sighed again. "It's their lives, not mine. I don't mind them, as long as they know who is trying to save the world."
Relena/spirit looked at him. "In their world, they too are trying to save it."
"Perhaps," Sage said. "They have an odd way of showing how they save things. But I will try to see things their way."
"Then you may leave. Remember, you may seem different, but you are the same in many more ways than you think."
The area around Sage glowed and he disappeared.

Quatre looked around himself and saw a lovely meadow around him. "It's beautiful here."
"Those who can appreciate true beauty are kind in heart."
Quatre watched as Mia/spirit appeared. "Do you think I'm kind?"
Relena/spirit nodded. "Yes, you are."
"Others are kinder than me," Quatre said.
"But you are kind enough to feel the spirits around you," Mia/spirit said. "That makes the spirits very happy."
Quatre smiled. "I'm glad that they are happy."
"Are you happy, kind one?" Mia/spirit asked.
"Yes," Quatre replied. "I am happiest when those who are kind are with me by my side."
"Then you may leave. Teach those who are unkind kindness, and their hearts will soar."
The area around Quatre glowed and he disappeared.

Cye sat down and looked up. "The tranquility here is amazing."
"The beauty here reflects that in your heart."
"Who's that?" Cye asked.
Relena/spirit appeared beside him sitting down. "When a soul is at peace, this place becomes beautiful. Tell me, Torrent, when are you happy?"
Cye looked surprised. "When am I happy? I suppose it's when I swim in the sea, with the marine life."
"The seas and oceans give you peace," Relena/spirit stated.
"I'm at peace when I am one with the water," Cye said. "Those who hurt the oceans hurt my soul. I'm happy when people try to save the waters."
"Then you may leave. The oceans may give you peace, but to win, you must be able to fly."
The area around Cye glowed and he disappeared.

Heero pressed the blade of a knife against his hand. Pressing down, he felt the blood flow down his hand. "Those who want me dead can have their way."
"Never let others have their own way with your life."
Heero pressed the blade against his chest. "No one tells me what to do except Dr. J." He watched as the blood ran down his torso.
Mia/spirit came out of the mist and took the blade out of his hand. "Never let those who risk your life control your heart."
Heero looked down at his hand, and then down at his chest. "My life doesn't mean much. Why does Death avoid me? It comes for others, but why not me?"
"Does your heart tell you to kill yourself?" Mia/spirit asked. "Does it want you to die? What will happen to your friends and the one that loves you the most if you die?"
"I don't really think of them as my friends," Heero said. "I've never had any before."
Mia/spirit pressed her hand against his torso and healed his wound. Taking his hand in hers, she healed it and held it against her cheek. "Your heart is wounded, yet your soul remains pure. You may leave. Others trust you. Never let them down, and your heart will take wing."
The area around Heero glowed and he disappeared.

Ryo stretched his muscles and looked around. "Where is everyone? I hope they're all right."
"You are compassionate to worry about your comrades."
Ryo watched as Relena/spirit appeared before him. "I suppose so. I'm not too worried about them. I know they'll be all right."
"Wildfire, are you happy?" Relena/spirit asked.
"Yes, when I am with the one I care about the most," Ryo answered. "That is when I am most happy."
"Virtue is sometimes hard to achieve, is it not?" Relena/spirit asked.
Ryo shrugged. "Yeah, sometimes. But I always do my best. For my friends."
"Then you may leave. Do whatever you can do for your friends, for they will always do the same for you."
The area around Ryo glowed and he disappeared.

Alla twitched her tail and watched the motionless forms of her new responsibilities. "Well, when are they going to return to us?"
"Be patient," Kell chided. "They will come back to us when they are good and ready."
Alla poked her head outside and looked around. "Someone's coming over the hills. What if it's Orra?"
"If he comes, he comes," Kell said. "We will just have to deal with it."
The sounds of explosions and crashes made Alla and Kell jump up and look out the door.
"Is it Orra?" Alla whispered.
"Yes," Kell whispered back. "The others better revive soon."
Alla and Kell looked at each other and desperately waited for them to return to normal.