Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Unseen by Death ❯ Beginning ( Prologue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Title: Unseen by Death

Author: Skeren Dreamera

Pairings: to be 2x6 if continued

Feedback: Mickeofas@yahoo.com

Warnings: Some supernatural, shounen ai

Spoilers: Epyon, Libra, end of the war

Notes: It just occurred to me that very few people ever do anything with Zechs between the one-year war and Endless Waltz. Well, here you go. I'm not sure if I will continue though... Anyone interested?

Beginning.

The blonde lay in the wreckage of what had once been Epyon, and waited to die. Death refused to take him. In fact, had he known, he would have cried, because death did not know him at all. Not the living death, and the other minions served to avoid him because the living one didn't know he had to direct them to this one. So he waited. He waited for hours upon hours, awake and in pain, but still, he did not die, did not cease to be... whoever he really was. Some called him Milliardo Peacecraft, while others called him Zechs Merquise... But who was he? It was about that point that he realized something with crystal clarity. Whoever he was, he hadn't ever rolled over and died before, so it was pointless to start now. Every nerve in his body burned with fire, and it was all that he could do to crawl out from under the metal that had been crushing him before he fell unconscious, oddly reassured in the knowledge that he still had to live, even if it was painful.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

Duo rolled over in bed once again, that nagging sensation that he was forgetting something poking and prodding at him. What could it possibly be? He should be entirely exhausted right now, shouldn't he? There had just been a huge battle, Libra had been destroyed, what more was there to do besides rest? Duo turned over again, trying to push away the nagging feeling that refused to go away. He was forgetting something... Shaking his head once more in firm determination, Duo silenced the little voice. Whatever it was could wait.

It didn't want to wait. "Damn it! Okay, I get it, I'm not done yet, now what the hell is it that I'm forgetting?" Duo waited, and waited even more, his mind raking for anything that could possibly inspire to keep him awake at that moment. Nothing. The little niggling voice had suddenly shut up. And now, he was wide-awake. "What'd I ever do to deserve this?" It was a petulant whine as Duo sat up, sighing. He'd gone with Hilde back to the scrap yard, but damned if he'd actually do any sleeping now.

Getting out of bed, Duo padded barefoot into the kitchen, his loose, black, long sleeved pajamas hiding the array of scars that he bore like a crest. He blinked a few times as one of the little gadgets he'd given to Hilde before spun in place, the electric creature shape-changing into something closely resembling an imp. Duo froze in place accordingly as the little black metal creature spoke. "Master, we've been waiting a long time for you."

Duo continued to stare at the little thing that was sitting on the counter, and leaned back against the wall behind him heavily. "Okay, that's it, I have to sleep, I'm starting to lose my mind." With that, Duo retreated back to Hilde's guestroom, locking the door behind him before hiding under the covers. He didn't dare go to sleep once he heard the high pitch giggles that had chased him into the room.

To be continued?