Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Unseen by Death ❯ Minion? ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Title: Unseen by Death

Author: Skeren Dreamera

Pairings: to be 2x6

Category: Shounen Ai, Sci Fi, Comedy.

Feedback: Mickeofas@yahoo.com

Warnings: Some supernatural, Shounen ai

Spoilers: Epyon, Libra, end of the war

Notes: I should tell everyone I'm keeping my categories. I like them. Now, to the ever awaited chapter 2! No review listing, I kinda lost track of em somewhere, but next chapter I will, I mean it!

.

.

Zechs had managed to move after a couple days. If what had just happened to him hadn't killed him, then he didn't know what could. In fact, he was shocked beyond all knowledge at the speed of his healing. It felt like he'd been weeks in recovery instead of merely days in pain. This led to the current situation. He was meeting with the captain of this ship, a pale man with graying hair, light brown eyes, and pale skin. He looked like he'd never seen a day of sunlight in his life.

Those light brown eyes had been following him around as he got to the point where he could move without feeling the urge to scream, and now, they clearly were determined to get some form of conversation out of him. Or rather, the owner of the eyes was. The captain lounged back in his chair with a small, secretive smile as he looked across the desk to where Zechs was seated. "Merquise."

Zechs smiled, and it wasn't without humor, though the humor it held was dark. "That would be me, though would you mind too terribly if I asked for the name of the person I'm addressing?"

"I would, so you can just call me Gray. Now that the preliminaries are handled, I'd like to ask you a question that has been on all of our minds. What are you?" Gray leaned forward rather abruptly, elbows resting on the secured wooden desk that he'd insisted on for his office, no matter how impractical for space.

Zechs hadn't been expecting that question, not really, and he blinked owlishly by way of reply for a few seconds. "What exactly do you mean with that question?"

"What the bloody hell do you think I mean? I mean, what the fuck are you? You sure and the hell can't be human after what we saw. You didn't freeze in the space vacuum, you didn't breath nor need to once we got you here! You still had a heartbeat through all that. So I'm asking you, and I sincerely hope you give me the correct answer, because I'm not sure I can handle anymore freaky things out of you."

Zechs was speechless for a few moments before he regained his composure. "Well, would you like an honest answer?"

Gray immediately nodded, eyes narrowing slightly as he waited for an answer. When Zechs didn't speak, he did instead. "Yes, I would like an honest answer."

Zechs nodded a little before he leaned back in his chair with a slow, cautious action. "I have no idea." Gray's reaction almost made him smile, he looked so stunned. The reprieve was short lived, unfortunately.

"Are you playing some kind of joke? I'll tell you now I'm not about to find it funny." Gray leaned back a fraction, running his icy eyes over the blond in front of him with a frown.

"No joke, I just really don't know. I thought I was human until now, but I don't know if that was ever true." Zechs shook his head with a faint sigh.

"I'm sure you'll find out, and when you do, you'll tell me." Gray looked to Zechs, making sure he didn't have any disagreement before nodding to himself. "You can go ahead and go now. I'm not sure I want to ask you anymore questions for a while."

Zechs gave him a knowing smile and nodded, rising to his feet. "Of course Gray, I would see you at some other time in your convenience then."

"I'm sure you will." Gray watched Zechs move out of his office, staring after the regal figure for a long moment before shaking his head and putting his chin in his hand. "It's too early in the peace to have to mess with these riddles. Why did I have to be the one who's crew found the man?" Of course, the walls of his office had no answer to give the man.

-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-

Duo bit his lip and stared at his palm where he'd been cut by his latest work. It hadn't taken him long after he'd left Hilde in her home to find another place, and this place came with its own personal junkyard. He'd been out there ever since, and he spent every night after dark locked in the room he'd chosen for his bedroom, trying to get used to the taunting little creatures that peered in his window and scratched at his door. It was wholly useless. He thought it had been because of where he was, that Hilde's place somehow was haunted.

Oh how wrong he'd been. Now... Now he was staring with morbid fascination at the creation under his hands as the drops of blood that came from the cut in his palm soaked into the steel. They didn't roll away, or spread out, they vanished into the rapidly darkening metal. It was almost a bright fresh blood red now. Duo could have cursed himself for the stray thoughts, but he figured it would be pointless anyway.

Duo remained in place, the sun beating down on his shoulders, as the figure under his hands... moved. That action seemed to have snapped Duo out of his trance, and he skittered back as the red resolved itself into an odd set of shirt and pants, and the curled ball of mechanics softened out into something else, only the items now obviously cloth visible.

"The hell?" Duo muttered the curse softly, relaxing a little as the curled thing didn't immediately lunge at him showing some sort of hell beast. He didn't know what was going on, but resolved that from that point on, there'd be no jumping at shadows. It had been nearly a week since this whole thing started after all, and he wasn't dead yet.

Duo, too wrapped up in his thoughts, didn't notice that the small figure unfurled, red down wings being revealed as the little male figure, who would have been barely three foot if he was standing, shoved himself to a cross-legged position. "Nah, not really." The tiny male propped his chin on his knee, peered up at Duo as the crouched figure jerked his attention back to him with a visible jolt. "But it'd be good to know when you got so big."

There was a moment of stunned silence before Duo leaned forward, picking up the longhaired little blond in his hands and staring at his, mouth agape as he took in the familiar, teenage features of an old friend. An old, very dead friend who used to be much bigger than this. "You!" Duo gave the little man a shake, ignoring the annoyed look that got him. "You are dead!"

"I bin knowin that for a while now Kid. And can you stop shaking me? My head's startin to hurt." Immediately the little figure in red was dropped, where fell back on his ass, staring up at Duo who was now standing back, both staring and glaring at him. "Ya never could make anything easy for me could ya? Could you calm down? It wasn' my fault I died! I'm back now an will me for a bit yet."

Duo took a few deep breaths, trying not to freak out at the small, very disgruntled person who looked like her child savior. It wasn't him, it couldn't be. "You are not Solo."

Solo gave Duo a sour look, getting to his feet and ruffling his wings with indignation before looking to the appendages in shock, his gave then traveling over his clothes. "What the fuck am I wearin? An the feathers? Where'd those come from?"

"You kinda appeared like that after I cut myself." Duo moved closer, picking up his mentor again, ignoring the look it got him. "You hardly weigh anything."

Solo kicked his feet a little, then gave up after Duo kept him suspended further away as a precaution. "Could ya stop that? 'M not four. An, an' I'm dressed like a minion! Why would I be a minion?"

"You're the one that knew you were dead." Duo set Solo on his feet, nicely, and watched him fling his wings around a bit.

"But! There'd have to be some god around here for me to be a minion of all things. An it'd have to be someone I knew..." Solo trailed off, giving Duo a wide eyed look. "What've you been into kid?"

Duo grinned, unable to resist baiting his old friend, somehow soothed he wasn't angry for failing him in this strange reunion. "Just saving the wold and calling myself the God of Death Sol, no biggie."

Solo shook his head, looking around the junkyard they were in. "No biggie my ass."

To be continued.