Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Vampire Wars ❯ Fortune's Foretold ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Did you understand the first chapter? I hope so, and I hope the story interests you!

The sunlight poured into the window of a girl sleeping, her hair scattered across the pillow. Like a porcelain doll she laid in the hospital bed, letting the rays hit her face. A knock at the door snapped Krista out of her trance as she stood up, "Come in." She said bitterly. A man with light red hair appeared, he wore a blue suit with a black tie. He sat on the bedside of the detective; her eyes stared at nothing. The spunk she once had, gone. He sighed, and with a smile he joked, "Still don't believe in vampires?" Her cheeks became puffy, and a vein grew on her forehead. "You got to believe now, don't you?" She glared at the man, "No I don't, Captain Rogers." Rogers shook his head, "Don't need to get snooty rookie." A pillow was thrown at his face, "Hey, hey! I'm still your Captain Ms. Noventa!" "Not mine." She responded, crossing her arms. Captain Rogers smiled. It's been only 2 weeks since she came from Michigan to work on the case, and he had already grown attached to the spirited girl. "Glad to see you're back to normal, you lost a lot of blood back there. What happened?" Krista's eyes grew wide as flashes of the man pulling her head back, and digging his sharp teeth into her neck appeared. She quickly shook them off and replied, "I don't remember." Her eyes still gazed at the window, realizing the Captain was quiet she turned to look at him. He stared at her in disbelief, then responded. "Crikie, what good are you for!?" "Uh…I make a mean batch of chocolate chip cookies!" She smiled holding up a peace sign. The Captain chuckled at her spunkiness, but it soon snapped and in a low tone replied, "I think you should drop this case Noventa." "WHAT!?" Krista cried, "I can't quit the case, I'm so close I…" "You are the only survivor of an attack Noventa!" The Captain yelled, sending the detective back in her place. "If anything, they might come back to finish the job!" "I won't drop the case." Krista's eyes burned with determination, even when the Captain was given his "My minds made up" look. She didn't back down. "Jezus you are a stubborn woman, just like my wife!" Rogers pats Krista on her head and walks towards the door. "Do what you wish Noventa, but be careful." He gives her a grin and disappears. Krista could only grin back, "Thanks Captain," she thought to herself. "I will find him again, and stop his rein of terror! But first…" She stares at the position she was in, "Better get out of the hospital first!"

It's been 3 days since Krista was attacked, but now she was back on her feet and ready to go! She threw on her best white tank top and Kaki pants and marched through the busy streets of New York.

"I will find him!"

(One hour past)

"I will find him!"

(Two hours past)

"I will find…"

(Three hours past)

"I will…"

(Four hours past)

"I…

Krista collapsed herself against a wall, "I'm never gonna find him!" She shouted out loud, and proceeds to bang her head on the wall. "Knock that off ya hooligan!" An old gypsy woman barked. She throws back the beads hanging in her doorway, and stares at Krista. "What are you doing child?" "What does it look like?!" Krista snapped back still banging her head on the wall. "Well stop that!" The old lady smacks Krista with a rolled up newspaper, making her jump back. "Now tell me child, why do you bang your head on my wall?" She asks calmly. Krista rubs her noggin and grumpily replies, "I'm trying to find someone." The Gypsy clasps her hands together with glee, "Finding someone!? We have a special today on trying to find someone lost! Come in! Come in!" The stubby woman pushes Krista in her hut, and sets her down in an old chair that smelled like cheese. Krista tried not to breathe, but the smell was overpowering. Much worse then what the old lady smelled like. Krista sat at a round table with a crystal ball in the middle; the Gypsy sat on the opposite side clasping her wrinkly palms. "Now let's begin," she proceeds to stroke the ball, Krista waited unimpressed. "Hmmm…you, you are seeking someone." "Duh, I told you I wa…" "SSHHHH!!!" The lady hissed. Krista crossed her arms and puffed her cheeks; she hated being told to be quiet. "You are looking for, a man. A man with, jaded eyes." Krista's ears twitched, "How did you…" "SSHHH!!!" She hissed again. Now Krista waited as she continued to read the crystal. "The man you seek with jaded eyes, lives in the outer city limits. A mansion, sits behind the trees…" She stops and looks back at Krista, who was practically leaning over the table. "And?!" Krista asks eagerly. A rolled up newspaper swacks Krista on her head, "GET YOUR HANDS OFF MY TABLE YA HOOLIGAN!" "AHHHHHH!!!" Krista massaged her head once more as the lady brushes her table off, "You old hag! Just tell me the rest!" Krista yells, the Gypsy stares at the detective with a dirty look. "Uh…please." A huge fake smile formed on Krista's face. The lady holds her hand out in a grabbing/wanting motion; "A woman gets paid for her services." A sweat drop pops over Noventa, as she pulls her wallet out. "Okay, now will you tell me?" "That's it." The old woman replies and walks into the back room. "WHAT!? You old hag, I gave you money to tell me about who I am finding!" She pokes her ancient face from the back, and Krista backs off. "I told you where to find him, I find lost ones not tell you their life story bitch. Good day." Krista was too shock after being called a bitch to realize she knew where to find him. "Oh yah," Krista takes her hand and starts wiping it all over the table. "Let's see how you like that, bitch." But then she heard her footsteps coming back and ran off.

"Outer city limits, a mansion, behind the trees…Look out Mister Psycho, I'm coming for you!" Krista laughed madly and threw her fist in the air, "YAH! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!"