Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Vampires Beginning ❯ CHapter 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer: Still don't own them.
 
Chapter 4
 
Trowa struggled to get out of the bed but he was so weak. He had to get away before the vampire came back. He wouldn't be able to last much longer if this one decided to use him as an easy food source too. He froze as the door opened and a man slightly older than him entered with a tray. Another man was following him and before Trowa could react he was being held up, the pillows behind him rearranged and then he was sitting up against them with the tray in his lap.
 
“Who are you?” But neither of them answered him as they left, closing the door behind them. Trowa uncovered the tray with shaking hands to find more water and a bowl of what appeared to be soup. Knowing he needed to regain his strength if he was going to escape he cautiously took a sip of the warm liquid and then had to fight his rebellious stomach as it tried to expel what he had just swallowed. Very slowly he ate the soup and then drank the water. Unfortunately the warm food had the side effect of leaving him very drowsy and content feeling. He fought against the feelings but his eyes eventually slid shut and he slumped down against the pillows. Trowa was unaware of the bedroom door opening again to admit one of the men from before and Wufei. The vampire waited as the servant took the tray from the room before going over to the bed and looking down at the stubborn teen.
 
Wufei looked down at the drugged youth for a bit before gently rearranging him into a far more comfortable position. He doubted it would take long for the teen to realise his food was being drugged but it was doctor's orders. Sleep was merely a side effect of the medication he was being given to help him heal. Wufei wrinkled his nose slightly; as soon as he was strong enough Trowa was being taken down to the natural springs below his home, despite the regular sponge baths the boy still smelt.
 
----------------------------------
Trowa pushed the tray away, it had taken a few days but he had finally realised that something in the food was knocking him out and he was sick of spending all his time unconscious. When the silent man came back in Trowa glared at him. The man moved over to the bed and looked down at the uneaten food before turning and leaving, locking the door behind him. Not long after the door reopened to admit the vampire.
 
“Charles tells me you aren't eating.” Was the comment and Trowa turned away.
“You need food to regain your strength. If the soup isn't to your liking you may be up to handling soft food.”
 
“And more drugs?” Trowa spat and the vampire sighed.
 
“You were very ill and almost died. The doctor I had look you over prescribed a course of drugs which are added to your food. Sleep is merely a side effect. You have no choice in eating so you might as well enjoy the food.” Trowa hurled the tray at him but the vampire ducked and was suddenly beside the bed, gently holding his chin. Trowa tried to shut his eyes but wasn't fast enough as he felt a fog of contentment seep through his mind.
 
Wufei released his grip and the adolescent slumped back onto the pillows, staring vacantly up at him waiting for orders. He hadn't wanted to do it but the boy wasn't leaving him any other choice.
 
“Trowa you will eat what food you are given without complaint and will not fight whatever effects the medication has on you. Do you understand?”
 
“Yes.” The teen answered immediately, voice empty and remote.
 
“Good, now relax and sleep until more food is brought.” Green eyes obediently slipped shut and his breathing deepened. Wufei readjusted him on the bed and then left, the council had called for him.
 
------------------------------
“How is the boy you rescued?” Trieze asked from his seat.
 
“Stubborn. He is healing slowly but well.” Wufei answered honestly.
 
“When will he be ready for questioning over what happened?” Mariah asked coolly.
 
“He can't get out of bed unaided yet so perhaps a month?”
 
“Too long. You have two weeks.” She snapped back and Wufei bowed before being excused. Two weeks was not nearly enough to prepare the boy. But his mind was not on that as he left the room. No, his mind was on the chained pet that had knelt at Mariah's feet. He shook with rage as he remembered the sight of his beloved Sally dressed in the grey clothes and collar of a pet, her empty face the only thing he could see as he slumped in his carriage. He had failed her completely by leaving her in her home alone and unclaimed. But what had Mariah even been doing so close to his home? Surely she couldn't have gone this far in her vendetta against him? But he wouldn't put it past the thousand year old vampiress. She hated him still for his Sire refusing to give him to her when he was still human and since he was dead she took that anger out on Wufei whenever she could get away with it.
 
-------------------------------
Wufei dismissed the servant who had been helping Trowa clean up and simply stared at the teen who began to shift nervously.
 
“The Council has commanded your presence in two weeks when you will be questioned as to what happened in your town. I had hoped they would give you longer to recover but that is not to be.” Trowa went white and Wufei had to catch him before he fell. The teen went rigid in his grasp and the vampire swiftly lowered him back to the bed.
 
“And then they'll kill me?” The boy asked snidely but Wufei could feel him shaking in fear.
 
“Why would they? What happened hardly had anything to do with you.” The teen snorted in disbelief and turned away.
“Since you seem to have a lot more energy today I think it's time you had a bath.” He smirked as that caught Trowa's interest, despite how he tried to hide it.
“Come.” He held out a hand but Trowa ignored it to stand shakily on his own. Wufei sighed in annoyance but decided to let it pass, for now anyway. He led the trembling youth from the bedroom and into the halls of his home. He kept a close watch on him so he caught him as soon as the teen's legs began to buckle, lifting him easily into his arms despite his weak efforts to struggle. Wufei simply carried him downstairs and into the rocky cavern filled with bubbling pools. He held Trowa up with one hand and stripped him off with the other before lowering him into one of the shallower pools. Trowa was bright red by the time he was in the water but it got worse when Wufei stripped and joined him.
 
“What are you doing?” Wufei chuckled as the teen's voice broke.
 
“You can barely sit up unaided let alone wash yourself. It should be obvious what I'm doing.” Was his reply as he gathered a wash cloth and approached. Trowa's breathing became gasps as he started to panic and thrash in the water, slipping off the bench and going under. Wufei quickly grabbed him and pulled him back up, holding him as he coughed water up. But Trowa continued to fight him.
“Trowa.” He snapped and wide green eyes met his. He reached out to calm the teen but it proved too much for him and the green eyes rolled back in his head, body going completely limp in Wufei's hold. Growling in annoyance he washed the teen while holding him up. He tried to stay calm, he knew the boy had been through a horrific ordeal but surely he should be starting to recover by now? After all no one in Wufei's household had harmed him or even looked at him crossly. He was drying the teen off by the time he began to stir and he waited as glazed green eyes slowly fluttered open. Wufei's breath caught as he stared down at the body laid out on a towel. He knew now why the boy had been kept alive; he was very attractive now that he was gaining weight. The teen lay placidly on the towel letting Wufei know he was still under his influence. Wufei moved away and returned with fresh nightclothes. Trowa's body remained unresisting as he dressed him, glassy gaze following his movements slowly.
“Let's get you back to bed.” Wufei lifted the unresponsive body easily and left the chamber, heading back upstairs to the room Trowa was using. He placed the teen gently underneath the sheets and then held a glass of water to his partially parted lips.
“Drink slowly.” Trowa immediately obeyed.
“Now sleep.” Vacuous green eyes slid dutifully shut.
 
------------------------------------
Trowa cooperated with the servant helping him to dress but Wufei knew it was only because he was in the room. The two weeks had passed quickly and it was time to take the teen before the council. At least Trowa didn't need to be carried anymore although he still moved slowly. He knew Trowa did not like being helped to dress, especially since he was only wearing simple trousers and a shirt but it was better than him falling over while trying to do it himself. And Wufei had his own reasons for dreading the upcoming meeting, Mariah was sure to have Sally displayed where he would easily be able to see her. The thought of his Sally brought to the life of a pet actually made him feel physically ill, something that was technically impossible. But he would have to endure it just as Trowa would have to endure being in a room filled with vampires.
 
Trowa ignored Wufei as the vampire walked slowly at his side towards the carriage. No matter how much he hated to admit it he was petrified at the thought of what was coming. He knew as soon as they learnt he was a hunter he would die and despite everything he wasn't really ready for that yet. But he couldn't see any other outcome. At least his last weeks had been more comfortable than those before. For a vampire Wufei wasn't too bad, he'd only kept him in a locked room and had not once fed from him. But he still didn't like him or trust him at all.
 
The ride to the old manor the council was using while in the area was utterly silent except for the quiet sound of Trowa breathing as he slept. He was still weak so it hadn't taken long for the motion of the carriage to lull him to slumber, something Wufei was glad of. Trowa would need all of his strength to face the council. Of the eleven he knew only Trieze held any real sympathy to humans; most of them were indifferent with a few like Mariah caring only for the blood in their veins. It was a very real possibility they would kill Trowa to cover up what had happened and while he didn't like that there was honestly nothing he could do if that were their decision.
 
Trowa woke as the carriage came to a stop and slowly followed Wufei towards the imposing manor. He tensed and stared around, looking for possible escape routes but he knew Wufei was too fast for him to get more than a few steps. His heart sped up as they walked through silent halls and Wufei looked over at him a few times, obviously able to hear it. They finally came to a large set of doors that opened at their approach and all he wanted to was run but Wufei placed a cold hand on his back and pushed him forward gently. He knew he was trembling as he guided to the single chair placed before what had to be the council. His knees locked but Wufei still pushed him down onto the chair before stepping back. Trowa instantly lowered his gaze to stare at the marble floor.
 
Wufei watched as Trowa avoided making eye contact but they were the council for a reason and it wouldn't help him at all.
 
“Trowa Barton.” A silky voice called out and sure enough Trowa's body went limp in the chair, almost sliding off before Wufei could grab him and push him back into it. A glimpse at green eyes showed they were completely empty and glazed over. Athanase may have been one of the weaker council members but he excelled in one area far beyond the others. He didn't need eye contact to control a mortals mind, all he needed was their name. And because he didn't require eye contact any vampire present could question the one being controlled so it was a very useful interrogation tool. Trowa hadn't stood a chance of avoiding it since Wufei himself had told the council his name on his last visit. Moving away from the chair Wufei nodded to the council to let them know Trowa was ready.
 
“How old are you Trowa?” Trieze asked the standard opening question.
 
“Sixteen.” Trowa's voice was quiet and monotonous even as his head lolled against the chairs headrest.
 
“Where is your family?” Obviously Trieze was going to be the only questioner, at least for now.
 
“Dead.” Trowa was so far under that he didn't even twitch at either the question or his own answer.
 
“How?” Nia called out from where she was seated beside Mariah.
 
“Vampires.” Wufei hid a wince, that helped explain why Trowa hadn't relaxed at all around him.
 
“When?” Trieze asked to clarify his answer.
 
“Takeover. Two years ago?”
 
“Who died two years ago?” Nia asked.
 
“Catherine.” Trowa moaned softly at that name and a finger twitched slightly to the council's surprise. Athanase frowned and then relaxed even as Trowa spasmed slightly in the chair before his eyes fell shut. The only reason he didn't slump sideways off the chair was the hand rests.
 
“What happened in your village starting two years ago? In detail.” Trieze asked.
 
“Vampires. People disappeared at night more than usual no matter how many patrols. Broke in, took Catherine. Hunters came, saved me. Trained. Fought back. So many deaths. Caves attacked, don't know how they got in, killed everyone. Woke up in cell. Kept me, fed from me all the time. Hurt so much.” Trowa's voice was even softer now and some of his words slurred.
 
“Enough! Did you hear him? He's a Hunter. Kill him.” Mariah broke in even as Trowa fell instantly silent at her command. Wufei stiffened and couldn't help but look towards her and the woman at her feet. Who was not Sally. He forced his attention from her back to the council.
 
“Can you blame the boy? From reports it was the only way to survive.” Trieze was always the voice of reason.
 
“Never the less he is a Hunter. Trowa with the vampires that did that gone would you continue to hunt if freed?” Nicholas asked.
 
“Yes.”
 
“See? Kill him.” Wufei frowned and he could see Trieze was puzzled. Why was Mariah so insistent Trowa die?
 
“He is just a boy and there are other options.” Nia surprisingly spoke in his defence.
 
“Who would take a Hunter as even a slave let alone a pet? And wiping his memory isn't good enough!” Mariah was pushing for his death but why? No one else on the council was. They began talking quietly amongst themselves, too quietly for Wufei to hear. He looked over at Trowa who was still slumped, unaware in the chair. At least he wouldn't feel anything if the death sentence was agreed to.
 
“Enough.” The room fell silent as Trieze spoke. No one would cross the oldest over something like being quiet.
“Unless someone in this room takes the boy as either a pet or slave he will be killed.” There were a few grumbles of complaint but an annoyed glare from Trieze quieted them quickly. Wufei smiled slightly at the verdict and the way Trieze had worded it, someone present did not just mean council members and with Mariah wanting him dead so badly it would be a good way to get her back if only in a small way for Sally.
 
“I will take him as a pet.” Wufei spoke calmly and clearly. The approving look Trieze shot him confirmed his theory on the older vampires wording.
 
“Agreed, it will be done now. Athanase release the boy.” Trieze declared and the younger councilman nodded. Trowa blinked slowly, straightening in the chair before freezing.
 
Wufei walked over to Trowa and stood over him To his surprise the mortal actually looked up at though he looked resigned to his fate as he did so. Wufei reached out and Trowa once again relaxed though he did not put him anywhere near as deeply under as he had been for questioning.
 
“You feel no pain.” He whispered before lowering his mouth to the slender neck. His fangs pierced the skin easily and Trowa moaned as he began to drink. He pulled back and then bit his own wrist, holding it to Trowa's mouth.
“Drink Trowa.” The youth obediently latched on and drank several mouthfuls before he was overwhelmed and lost consciousness.
“Sleep until I wake you.” He whispered and then straightened to face the council.
“It is done.”
 
“Take him and go. But he can never be freed Wufei, given to another yes but he must be bound in some way for as long as he lives.” Wufei bowed in acknowledgment and then scooped the sleeping teen into his arms before leaving the room.
 
TBC...