Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Wailing Shinigami ❯ One-Shot

[ A - All Readers ]

Wailing Shinigami

by KatiKat



"Duo, come out!"

"No way!"

"DUO!!! COME. OUT!!!"

"NO!"

Heero Yuy, ex-Gundam pilot and lover of one crazy Duo Maxwell, stood in the corridor of the apartment he and the braided chatter-box shared, hands on his hips, right foot tapping in impatience, scowl on his face. This was getting ridiculous. For the last twenty minutes he had been having a very loud shouting match with his mate who was at this very moment locked in their bathroom, refusing to come out no matter how many arguments he used or how much he raised his voice.

"Duo..."

"No," came the sulky response from behind the door and Heero wished for the umpteenth time that he could kick in the door. Unfortunately, it opened out instead of in the small bathroom so he was reduced to shouting and pacing up and down the short corridor leading from the living room on his right to the kitchen on his left to the front door in the middle of it just opposite the offending bathroom door.

"It won´t be so bad, I promise!" Heero pleaded.

"You don´t know that."

Heero fumed but tried to keep his voice calm. "Yes, I do. I had to undergo it too, remember?"

"But it´s not the same."

Heero bit his lip to keep himself from screaming out of frustration. Maybe he could call the police and tell them that he had a madman locked in his bathroom. And after they pried the door open, he would just tell them that it was a mistake. Or he could let them arrest Duo. It would serve him right. Charges? Tormenting his lover!

"It´ll hurt," sounded the unhappy voice from behind the door.

"No, it won´t."

"He will stick things in me and it´ll hurt. I know it."

Heero took a deep breath. "Maybe he´ll stick something in, but it won´t hurt. He´ll probably just look a little, feel around to find out where it hurts, but that´s all."

A very unhappy whimpering could be heard from behind the doors. Like a kitten´s mewling.

"Koi, it was you who was complaining that it hurts. Let the man help you," Heero tried to coax the braided boy out from his hiding place.

There was some sniffing. "Will you be there with me? The whole time?"

Finally they were getting somewhere. "Of course I will. I´ll hold your hand. And when you are finished we´ll go to the new Game Center that just opened at the mall."

There was a short pause and then some shuffling. Finally the lock clicked open and a very unhappy looking Shinigami stepped out. His hair was pulled out of his braid, his clothes were wrinkled and there was an almost irresistible pout on his lips. He was holding a wet handkerchief to his swollen right cheek.

"It won´t hurt?" he asked again, with a need for reassurance.

"No, it won't." Heero shook his head and smiled. "Doc MacGee is a really nice dentist. You know it. And he´ll give you a lollipop too."

"He will?" That seemed to brighten Duo´s mood just a little.

"Yes. I´ll tell him to give you one." Heero pushed the reluctant youth towards the door.

"And will he let me choose the flavour too?"

"Of course he will. He likes you."

Duo snorted. "Why wouldn´t he like me? He could live from my cavities alone." The braided boy stopped in the middle of the front door Heero held open for him. "Maybe... maybe I could go to the toilet before we go?" he asked, hope evident in his voice as he eyed yet another outward opening door in their apartment.

"Oooooooh, no. Noooooo way!" Heero refused immediately, pushing the now squirming youth in front of him out the door. "No places with locks for you until we are finished at the dentist."

"But Heeeeeeeero," wailed the Japanese boy´s lover pitifully.

"NO. WAY. And now - OUT!!!"

The door closed with a loud bang and then only the fading wailing sounds of one protesting teenager could be heard through the apartment house.

The End