Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ We Are ❯ We Are ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Disclaimer: I don’t own Gundam Wing, or the song We Are, by Ana. I own none of it. No suing, I mean it. Really.

Warnings: Slight Treize bashing, a little Relena bashing, some Sexy-Zechsy bashing, and general Oz bashing. Also a little bit of Alliance bashing, like after the New Edwards incident.

Pairings: I wish. Serious fic, no romance, or even release of tension.

A/N: I don’t think there’s anything inhere to offend anyone, but I’m gonna apologize anyway. I sorry in advance.

//Song lyrics//


^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~ ^~^~^~^~^~^

//See the devil on the doorstep now (my oh my)
Telling everybody oh just how to live their lives//

It’s AC 195, and the colonies are being ruled with an iron fist. The Earth Space Alliance ,in conjunction with the Romefeller Group and the Barton Foundation, are controlling everything.

//Sliding down the information highway
Buying in just like a bunch of fools
Time is ticking and we can’t go back (my oh my)//

The Special Forces Branch of the Romefeller Group, codenamed Oz, staged a coup on the government, and told the Earth and Colonies that they were only taking control until the reins could be taken up by their respective self-governments. Everyone believed them. The Gundams were turned on by the very people they tried to protect.

//What about the world today
What about the place that we call home
We’ve never been so many,
And we’ve never been so alone//

The five Gundams attacked New Edwards base with false information, which resulted in all of the leaders of the Alliance being dead. It also resulted in more hatred of the Gundams. Therefore, they were fugitives, working together to reach a common goal; the freedom of the Earth and Colonies.

//You keep watching from your picket fence
You keep talking but it makes no sense
You say we’re not responsible
But we are, we are//

The world watched on in horror as the supposed atrocities of the Gundams continued, and cheered whenever news came that one of them was captured, and there were parties when 02 was supposed to be executed. But never was there any thought of who these people were, and why they were really fighting. No one ever said that they were trying to save the colonies from a big mistake. So any wrongs dealt them by Oz were their own faults.

//You wash your hands and come out clean
Fail to recognize the enemy within
You say we’re not responsible,
But we are, we are, we are//

The people never realized, until it was too late, that Oz was not what they wanted it to be. Luckily the Gundams were there. And not once did anyone thank them. In fact, most blamed them for the problems in the world.

//One step forward making two steps back (my oh my)
Riding piggy on the bad boy’s back for life//

No one ever hated Treize Khushrenada. Never. Not even when it was found out what he’d done. They would have been content to live under his rule for the rest of their lives. They never thought of him as evil.

//Lining up for the grand illusion
No answers for no questions asked
Lining up for the execution
Without knowing why//

No one ever understood the horror that Oz wreaked on the world and the colonies, the ramifications of the problems caused. Oz was the rule. No one ever thought of going against them. Except the Rebels. And the Gundams. And both parties were spat on.

//You keep watching from your picket fence
You keep talking but it makes no sense
You say we’re not responsible
But we are, we are
You wash your hands and come out clean
Fail to recognize the enemy within
You say we’re not responsible
But we are, we are, we are//

It’s AC 196, the year after the end of the war, and there’s a new faction trying for world domination. The Mariemaia Army was working from the colony L3-X18999, using the colony as leverage for surrender of the united Earth-Sphere Alliance. It didn’t help to add that Mariemaia, the leader, was Treize’s daughter, and that she was a pawn of her maternal grandfather, Deikim Barton, leader of the Barton Foundation.

//It’s all about power then
Take control
Breaking the rule
Breaking the soul
They suck us dry til there’s nothing left
My oh my, my oh my//

The second ‘Eve War’, as they came to be called, ended in a barrage of weapons’ fire, the death of Deikim being the crowning jewel. When he died, the war was over. Although, many said that the war would never be over, not as long as there were people willing to fight.

//What about the world today
What about the place that we call home
We’ve never been so many
And we’ve never been so alone
So alone//

No one thought that the Gundam Pilots would have lives of their own. They expected them to fix everything before they knew it was wrong. And then they got pissed off when it didn’t happen in a timely manner. They were basically leaving the Pilots to the wolves.

//You keep watching from your picket fence
Keep talking but it makes no sense
You say we’re not responsible
But we are, we are
You wash your hands and come out clean
Fail to recognize the enemy within
You say we’re not responsible
But we are, we are, we are//

No one could understand the sacrifice and the pain created by the wars, they just went on, oblivious to the fact that they were part of the cause of further problems. The fact that they didn’t want to help themselves made it that much harder to help them.

And all the while they never took responsibility.


^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~ ^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^


So, stupid, right? Oh well, I think it was okay, and it was a great way to get out my frustrations abut other things. You realize that went deeper than the wars, right? Anyway, review me, for I am very self-conscious… It’s just that I get tired of people not standing up and taking the punishments they make. They force others to take those punishments, then spit on them when they get out of wherever they were put. (My uncle was in Vietnam, and I just got done reading The Things They Carried. Good book, but I cried. Read it, and any of the other books written by Tim o’Brien. Great author.) So please, review!