Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ When Worlds Collide ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

When Worlds Collide

Disclaimer: I don't own any of these characters. I am only doing this for the fun of it and am not making any money off it. Please don't sue me as I have nothing but my few meager possessions and I don't think that you will like them.

Chapter 1

Elvish Realm

The medium height, blue haired elf walked hurriedly through the main courtyard of the manor. She was trying to find her friends, to tell them what she had just heard from her father. It seemed that Lord Schbeiker and a friend of his, Lord Winner, thought that Kemi Longou (the best elven mage) could wipe the world free of the human trash that plagued their world. The maid never really knew why the elves and the humans were fighting. Her father thought that it was better all around if she didn't know about what was going on. And it wasn't just her. All of the elves maids were kept in the dark about the war.

The elf looked around again. Underneath a tree in the gardens, at the edge of the courtyard, was a group of elves about her age. With a smile she set off towards the group. As she got closer she saw the forms of three young men sitting in various positions around a single maid. If a passer by didn't know any better, they would assume that the three men were the maids suitors. Where in fact none of them had ever had a romantic notion about the maid. They were all friends and had been for nearly half of their lives.

"Hey everyone," the maid called out.

Hearing someone call out, the four people under the tree looked towards where the voice was coming from. Recognizing their friend, all of them stood up.

"Hilde! Where have you been?" the blonde haired man asked.

"Up at my house, Quatre." Hilde said as she walked up to the group. In a hushed voice she said, "I have news."

It was a simple sentence. Just three small words. But they had captured the undivided attention of the other four elves. They didn't have to ask her what kind of news she had. Among the five 'I have news' was code for 'I have news about the war'. The code existed so that no passer by would find out that their elven maidens had knowledge of the war. Or that the young elven men were telling the maids about the war.

"Why don't we all go for a walk?" Relena Peacecraft suggested happily.

"That's a good idea, Relena." Hilde said. "Are you guys coming?"

"Sure I'll come. But I'm not sure if Trowa and Wufei are." Quatre replied.

Hilde, Relena, and Quatre looked at Trowa and Wufei. The two shot a look at each other before nodding their heads.

"Great." Relena said. "Then let's get going."

With that she left in a swirl of skirts, leaving her friends behind with puzzled looks. They recovered quickly and followed Relena towards the back of her manor estate. In a minute all five friends were walking in a small group with Relena, Hilde, and Quatre towards the front talking amongst themselves while Trowa and Wufei followed silently.

Within ten minutes they reached the wall that surrounded the manor house. With a Quick look to make sure no one was around watching Relena said a spell that revealed a door in the wall. With another look around the five filed through the doorway. Through the doorway was a nice sized room that looked to be divided into five sections and each section was decorated to each person's personal taste. As the five young elves entered the room they each went to a section of the room and made themselves comfortable. As Relena went through she made sure that she had shut the door tight and bolted the door before she went to her area of the room.

"So what news do you have, Hilde?" Quatre asked.

"It's interesting that it is you who asked me that." Hilde began. "It seems that your father and mine think that Kemi Longou might be powerful enough to wipe out all the humans."

"But that's a good thing isn't it? That way we can finally live in peace." Trowa said.

"I want peace yes. I worry each time my father goes into battle. But I don't see why we have to wipe out an entire race of people to achieve it." Hilde said.

"I don't see why we have to fight at all. Why can't we just send messengers to the humans and talk it out? This way is just a waist of life. For both sides." Relena said.

"I just hope that it ends. Soon." Trowa said.

"What is it Trowa?" Hilde asked knowing that there was something more behind Trowa's words than a wish for the war to end soon.

"I'm not sure about Quatre and Wufei but my father had told me that under no uncertain terms I am to be on the next battle field." Trowa told them with no emotion on his face of in his voice.

Both girls took a sharp breath. The guys merely looked down. Everyone had known that sooner of later the guys in the group would have to join the others on the field. Although both Hilde and Relena hoped that the war would be over by the time anyone had noticed the lack of participation of the boys in battle.

"What about you guys?" Hilde asked Quatre and Wufei after she had gathered her wits.

"I got a similar speech from my father, only he added that I had dishonored out family by not helping purge out would of the human trash." Wufei said.

"My father told me to be on the battle field as well." Quatre said slowly.

"So we not only have to worry about whether of not our fathers' are coming back from battle but the three of you, too?" Relena demanded.

Trowa, Quatre, and Wufei just ducked their heads not wanting to see the despair, the concern and the anguish that they know they would find in the girls' eyes. They did not want to admit, either, that they would be a cause of anxiety to Relena and Hilde when they rode to battle.

"Relena simmer down." Hilde told her. "It's not their fault that they have to go into battle. We shouldn't be blaming them that we are going to worry about them. We should support them now and not try and make them feel ashamed.

"They are a hundred and fifty years old and they have yet to prove themselves on the battle field. Most young men our age have been in every battle that had happened over the past fifty years. But Trowa, Quatre, and Wufei haven't even been in a single battle." Hilde continued.

Everyone just looked at her. They had never heard Hilde talk so passionately about anything let alone war and battle. Hilde's mind replayed the whole scene causing her to blush and duck her head.

"That's the way I see it, anyway." Hilde said meekly.

"I guess that I could have taken it easier on them." Relena said. "But I won't condone the fact that they have to go to battle to prove them selves."

Relena stood up and walked out of the room. She paused only a moment to make sure that there was no one near enough to the wall to see where she came out. Then she was gone. The four left in the room just sat there watching as the door swung shut. No one moved. Like most of the elvish women, Relena detested war. Those women who were exceptions were generally women whose father raised them, or who had no other females to play with as a child.

"I wish she understood out position better," Quatre said willfully.

"You can't really blame her though, Quatre." Hilde said. "She lost her brother in battle a couple years ago, remember?"

All three of the guys nodded their heads silently. Each of them remembered that horrible day. They had all been here, just talking when they heard a precession make their way up to the front of the Peacecraft manor. All of them ran to the front of manor house to watch the arrival of Lord Peacecraft and his son Millardo back from battle. But they only saw Lord Peacecraft ride up followed by a wagon. The look on the face of Relena's father was enough to tell all gathered there that the body of Millardo Peacecraft rode in the wagon. Relena was devastated. She had collapsed where she stood heedless of the horses all around her. Luckily Quatre had gotten her out of the way just before she was going to be stepped on.

"I know Hilde but still. She should know that I don't like battle and that I would not go into battle if I had any other choice." Quatre said. "I mean, we have sat and talked for hours about the war and politics. I know that isn't a normal topic to talk about with a maiden but she had a real head for them."

"No more normal than us teaching Hilde archery and sword play." Trowa retorted. "Both of our female friends are very un-maidenly."

"Yeah, but you like us better that way." Hilde said slyly.

"I don't even know why you asked or we agreed to teach you the arts of war." Quatre said.

"You agreed because you are so nice and could see my potential." was Hilde's reply.

"That may be true," Wufei spoke up. "But do you know what would happen to us if we were caught teaching you?"

"Yes, I do." Hilde said gravely, looking down at the floor.

"I'm glad you do, because if anyone ever finds out we will not go out by ourselves. You have just as big a part to play as we do." Wufei replied.

"I know that too. I knew that even before I asked you boys, don't worry. If you are ever exiled because of my, I'll make sure that they place me in exile too." Hilde told them.

"You don't have to do that," Quatre said softly.

Wufei started to say something but Hilde cut him off. "Yes I do. The law says that 'if a maiden learns any war arts, the teacher must be a member of her immediate family. If a person outside a maiden's family is caught teaching a maiden war arts that person is liable to be exiled.' And you should know that as well as - or if not better than - me, Quatre."

"I know that. But it says nothing about what should happen to the maiden." Quatre replied.

"True enough, but I refuse to place you guys in danger and not want to do anything about it." Hilde said, then continued. "What kind of friend would I be if I didn't?"

The guys stayed quiet. They knew that she didn't want an answer, because she already knew what they were going to say.

"That's just what I thought," Hilde continued. "I wouldn't be much of a friend. And I think that I am a good friend."

"You are Hilde." Quatre assured her. "I was just saying that be law you are an innocent, and don't know any better. I know," he hurried on, "that you do understand everything you do. But most maidens don't have nearly the understanding of the law of their actions that you do."

"They may know the law and just not care." Hilde snorted, which was a very un-maidenly thing to do. "The law cuddles us. We could get away with murder just because people think that we are so innocent and wouldn't be capable of doing anything devious."

"Somehow I don't think that anyone would argue with you on that point." Wufei said.

"That is why I am willing to do this. To show everyone that we maidens can think for ourselves and take responsibility for our own actions." Hilde finished.

"It would be the rashest thing that a maiden has done in centuries." Quatre said with slight admiration.

"It could be viewed as heroic." Trowa spoke up.

"I'm not sure about heroic, Trowa. Rash definitely but mot heroic." Hilde told him.

"It might not be viewed as heroic by many, but by those who are tiered of the law is - or know you well - you would be a hero. Because you finally did something about it." Trowa explained.

"I never thought about it that way." Hilde said softly. "But maybe we should talk about something else. Better yet we should go and see how Relena is."

"Why the sudden change, Hil?" Quatre asked.

"Because our talk is bordering on treason and the three of you are encouraging me to do un-maidenly things." Hilde replied.

"Your right," Quatre said.

Hilde opened her mouth to say something but she never got the chance. For in the next instant, the door flew open to reveal Relena. Everyone in the room jumped to their feet reaching for weapons that were both visible and hidden. Seeing who the intruder was they all relaxed a bit but stayed on their guard because Relena was slightly out of breath.

"What is the matter with you, Relena?" Hilde asked.

"I think that you should come and look at this." Relena said before she turned and walked out of the door.

Hilde and the guys exchanged a look before they followed Relena out into the garden.

"So what did you want us to see?" Trowa asked.

"Look at the shy." Relena told them.

Everyone just shrugged before they followed Relena's directions. Then they gasped, not believing what they saw.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To Be Continued . . . . . . . .

AN how was that? I hope that you liked it. Review and tell me.