Hades Project Zeorymer Fan Fiction ❯ Meiou Shojo ZEORYMER (Hades Maiden ZEORYMER) ❯ Prologue: In the Age of Gods... ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Prologue: In the Age of Gods

…there lived a colossal black dragon. He had a head made of iron, a mane of flaming red, and his swimming body provided the currents to the world’s rivers and seas. Proud of his size and strength, Iron-Headed Dragon arrogantly challenged the Gods to battle over the Throne of Heaven; but the Gods, whose dominion over the world was granted by Divine Right, refused his request. 
 
Enraged at the Gods, Iron-Headed Dragon smashed his skull against one the Heavenly Pillars holding up the sky. The blow caused the world to tilt sideways, tearing open holes in both the Earth and the Heavens. Through these cracks, torrents of water poured forth, smoldering forests burned, and diseased famine ravaged the land. In addition, unspeakable Horrors from Beyond emerged, spreading terror across the Kingdoms of Man.
 
The Gods, whose power had waned as mankind flourished, were unable to stop Iron-headed Dragon or the devastation he had unleashed. In desperation, they searched among the Kingdoms of Man for a champion worthy of their blessing. Eventually, they discovered one young boy and one young girl whose hearts were brave and pure. To aid this chosen pair, the gods gifted them a set of Celestial Armor. These vestments were forged from the Eight Universal Elements: Wind, Fire, Water, Moon, Earth, Mountain, Thunder, and Heaven. Lastly, the armor was imbued with the remaining Cosmic Power of the Gods. Donning the Celestial Armor, the boy and girl joined to become the mighty Great Hero. As one, they set out to challenge Iron-Headed Dragon to a duel. 
 
The battle between Great Hero and Iron-Headed Dragon waged night and day. Their blows caused mountains to shatter, thunderbolts to tear across the sky, and tornados to sweep over the land. Unable to kill Iron-Headed Dragon, Great Hero devised a cunning plan to lure him into a trap. Gathering treasures from across the Kingdoms of Man, Great Hero dug a pit in the deepest corner of the Underworld. They then placed the treasures within the pit, knowing that—being as greedy as he was prideful—Iron-Headed Dragon could not resist such a massive hoard. Tempted by these riches, Iron-Headed Dragon entered the pit without thought or care. As soon as Iron-Headed Dragon was asleep in his treasure, Great Hero used the last of their powers to turn their armored body into a massive lid. The metal lid covered the pit, sealing Iron-Headed Dragon away for all eternity.
 
Time passed, and with the help of the Gods the Heavenly Pillars were repaired; however, the world remained tilted, causing Eternal Summer to wax and wane through the four seasons we now know. Eventually, the Kingdoms of Man and their descendants forgot about both Iron-Headed Dragon and Great Hero. As with all things, their story faded into the realm of myth and legend…
 
*     *     *     *     *
 
…however, prophecy foretells that when the evils of man reach their zenith, Iron-Headed Dragon will awaken from his slumber. He will then rise from the depths of the Underworld, seeking revenge for his imprisonment by laying waste to the Kingdoms of Man. On that day, it is also said that a new Great Hero will emerge to battle once more over the fate of the world. But with the Gods long departed and the hearts of man clouded by hate and despair, a vital question remains: Will the next Great Hero be a Savior, or a Devil Incarnate?