Hamtaro Fan Fiction ❯ Dream of the amazing dancer Sandy ❯ The best news this week! ( Chapter 4 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Later that night Taisho sat on the balcony leading from his bedroom sipping some hot coffee looking out at the jasmine night sky-

Taisho: What am I going to do this school year? Sandy I'm not so much worried about but Stan's another story. I just can't get through to him it seems, for some reason he just always seemed out of my reach. Fran knew how to talk to him. They always had a great relationship very different from ours.

Soon after it was midnight and he went to the shrine of his late wife and bows to a beautifully drawn painting of her.

Taisho: What do I do now honey, I feel I'm loosing our kids, I'm afraid Sandy might give up dancing for good because your not here to see it and if you're watching from heaven it's not the same as you being here. Stan's education is in dire straights but there's some good news, it seems he's slowly starting to apply himself and has been moved up to 10th grade, I was so surprised but I'm also quite proud. Let's give him our best wishes.

Then he opens a drawer and pulls out a piece of paper with word "Best wishes" in Japanese characters. He closes his eyes and says a silent prayer hoping all would work out.

The next day at school Stan was nervous of starting a new grade so quickly, but he was tired of disappointing his father, his twin but most of all himself.

Stan: Ok Stan, It's time to grow up.

As Stan's trails began Sandy was at her desk feeling a little down.

(Thinking) Sandy: Maybe I was too harsh with him, he is an ok brother. I just want what's best for him, great now I'm sounding like dad.

Later on at lunch Sandy was quiet and didn't eat much, her friends worried a bit.

Hakeru: What's with you today, you seem real down.

Pashmina: Did something happen yesterday?

Before she could say anything Keiko came over and sat with them.

Keiko: Well hello everyone.

Pashmina: Why hello again Keiko.

Hakeru: Welcome to our table.

Keiko: Your table?

Pashmina: We just like to call out table because usually we sit here when we're not outside.

Keiko: I get it, it's the usual table.

Sandy ate quietly not noticing her new friend at the table.

Keiko: Hi Sandy, are you feeling ok?

Then she snapped out of it and responded-

Sandy: Oh I'm alright, sorry for spacing out there.

Keiko: I had a great time last night, but you left so early this morning I didn't get a chance to tell you that.

Sandy: I'm sorry about that, I would've walked to school with you if I wasn't so clouded. I also want to apologize for the scene my father made in front of you.

Keiko: It's alright, it's happened to me a few times too so I understand.

Sandy: Thanks.

Pashmina: So that's why you've been so quiet?

Sandy: It's not just that, Stan's been moved up to the 10th grade.

Girls: What?!

Hakeru: That flirt is a grade higher then us, you wouldn't joke about that.

Sandy: That was my reaction too, but in a way it makes sense. Stan's always been smart but I guess he was afraid of being an outcast. A lot of kids here think being smart is a crime just because they don't or can't apply to do just as well or perhaps better. Like Max for instance-

Keiko: Max?

Pashmina: Yeah, Maxwell Sadamoto. We've known him since grade school, because he grasped things about math, science and literature quicker than everyone else most kids saw him as a know-it-all. Of course we didn't think that way and became his only friends.

Hakeru: He's a great guy and his brains even got us out of a few jams, he'd help us study and gave us hope to hang in there. I think all that may change soon as he's not just even smarter but handsome, loyal and dependable of course he's always been that and I'm sure many of the girls who knew him way back when feel silly for treating him as they did.

Keiko was touched by the story and when looking over at a table in the corner there was a boy sitting by himself reading a book.

Keiko: Would that be him over there?

The girls look over to see indeed it was Maxwell.

Sandy: Yep, that's Max.

Hakeru: And someone at this table is so into him.

Keiko looked around and as soon as she saw a blushing Sandy.

Keiko: So you like him, right?

Sandy: Yeah, but I've never been able to tell him.

Pashmina: I'm sure you will one day.

Hakeru: I just hope it's soon before someone else gets the chance.

Meanwhile outside Stan ate his lunch still feeling petrified of 10th grade not sure how he did on the surprise tests he had.

Stan: I've never been so scared, but I've got keep pushing forward. I just cannot fail again-

Just then someone tapped him on the shoulder and was so startled leaped high in the branches of the tree he was sitting under.

Guy: Hey there, I just wanted to know if you had the time.

(From in the tree) Stan: Check the watch on my backpack.

So he checked to see it was 12:45 PM-

Guy: Thanks, I left my watch at home and didn't want to be late for class. I'm sorry I scared you.

(From in the tree) Stan: That's alright, you just caught me at a nerve racking time. Um if you've finished lunch maybe you could help me down from here?

Guy: Oh sure.

Soon after Stan got down the two sat down under the tree and got to talking-

(Laughs) Guy: So you got promoted after a day in ninth grade? No wonder you're so jumpy.

Stan: Yeah, and there I was thinking I might get suspended and the next thing I know I'm a grade ahead.

Guy: I know what you mean. I went through the same thing when I came to this school. My mom moved me up a grade too, if you don't mind my asking what originally where you in for?

Stan: Making suggestive remarks to a teacher, Miss Bijou to get in depth if you get my drift.

Guy: The French teacher? I'm beginning to piece this together, the next class is the 10h grade class and she looked terribly upset. But I'm sure you got a better start today.

Stan: Yeah I barely said a word and just focused on my work and I amazed myself for know as much as I did.

Guy: Well I hope your elective isn't as nerve wracking.

Stan: I don't have an elective yet, but today I've got to find one.

Guy: Say, are you into music?

Stan: You kidding, I have a guitar strapped to my backpack.

(Looks to notice) Guy: Yeah I see what you mean, there's a music class here and they need a guitar player. Also if you're good enough you could be in the school orchestra.

Stan: Well I don't know about that but that sounds like the elective for me.

Guy: Well come check it out after school, its room 100-

As he got up and walked away-

Stan: Hey wait up!

He went to him and said-

Stan: We never did introduced ourselves, I'm Stan Miratashi.

Guy: You're right, I'm Rex Shiduchi. Please forgive my manners.

(Bows) Stan: Forgive mine as well stands back up well we should get to class let's go together.

Rex: Sure.

So as they return to the building Stan felt a lot of his anxiety just disappear, meanwhile at the principal's office Asura was in another private conference with the principal.

Asura: You wished to see me sir?

Principal: Yes Mr. Okasa well I like to check with all the elective teachers on how the class is going and I'm a little concerned about one girl in your class. A Miss Sandy Miratashi-

Asura: What about her?

Principal: I was secretly watching the auditions and while her performance was striking I'm worried if she forgets the idea that she's on a team. She's great on her own but I worry she won't fit the team setting.

Asura: Are you saying she's too good for the team?!

Principal: Not at all I just worry she's a little far ahead of the other students.

Asura: I understand your worry but I assure you I won't let that happen. I've seen the girl dance when she thinks no one is watching and let me assure you that by comparing that to what I saw just a couple hours ago that day she was holding back!

The principal was shocked to hear a sharp dialect from a seemingly easy going guy.

(Gasps) Asura: Please forgive my tone sir but I put complete faith in her as I do all my students. If in any way I can improve on her already amazing skill and practice then it would be a great honor.

Principal: Mr. Okasa?

Asura: But if you think I'm not the man for the job than I'll quietly take my leave but please let me stay on. I want all of them to be great dancers if that's truly their wish and to have fun too.

The principal was very shocked to hear such a power speech and it was more than words to Asura and from that aspect he spoke.

Principal: Well I'm beginning to better understand you're feelings Mr. Okasa, so you may continue on but in our first school production take great care in the first role you cast Miss Miratashi in, dismissed.

Asura: Yes sir.

He then bows to him and leaves the room, the principal had a wide scope expression about his eyes though you could really tell through those bushy eyebrows. Later on when school let out everyone was at their electives while most went home.

Newsroom 3:01 PM

Pashmina met in the editor's office where she handed him a videotape of her interviews shot by a cameraham. He puts the tape in his combination DVD/VCR and it played.

On the T.V we saw Pashmina with a microphone-

(On T.V) Pashmina: This Pashmina reporting form the halls of Maple leaf high school where I'm beginning my look on how our respected school will change over the 4 years most of us will be here and possibly longer.

We then cut to see Pashmina interviewing the principal-

Pashmina: So Mr. Principal how do you hope to change the school through this 4 year term?

Principal: Well I hope these 4 years will bring great things, for instance more money for the electives though we've be giving our stride this year, also better and more appetizing food in both the student cafeteria and teacher's lounge. We also want to start a catch up program where adults or teens who took the GED to get a full high school degree, lastly we want to beautify the school and add an extension. We realize it's ambitious but I know we can do it.

Pashmina: Thanks Mr. Principal for your time. Now let's see what some students at random think-

We cut to see the first student approached.

Pashmina: So what do you think of the plans for the school's 4 year changes?

Student: I think there a great idea, especially if most of them can happen while I'm still here.

We cut to the next student-

Student 2: I think there all things that need to be addressed, best luck to them.

Next student-

Student 3: I'm glad this school has a positive look on the future.

We cut to see Pashmina again-

Pashmina: And that's our report for today, please tune in or when it goes to print please read more for the continuing coverage of the "Maple leaf high makeover" I'm Pashmina reporting for the Maple leaf high chronicle.

The editor switches the T.V off and gives his review-

Dexter: That was great, very though. You can print this immediately.

Pashmina: Thank you, I'll start right now.

She then gets up and bows then leaves to start work and Dexter rewinds the tape and plays it again-

Dexter: This gives me a notion.

Dance class 3:11 PM

Meanwhile at dance class everyone was exciting to get under way when Asura arrives-

Asura: Welcome back everyone. Today we're going to be practicing a routine for the upcoming school production.

The girls we're all real excited as they wanted something like this.

Asura: Depending on your skill in the routine will let me know who best to cast as what, we'll be working on the routine for three weeks and from that I'll make my decision. Let's begin.

Turns on the CD player and the music plays-

Asura: Ok follow my lead.

So everyone practices for over an hour and everyone did their best. Meanwhile Stan had made his way to room 100 and was feeling very nervous all over again. He never thought to come to a music class but he needed an elective so he hoped things would work out.

Stan: Well here goes nothing-

So he burst through the door and saw it was a warm and hip environment, everyone was warming up and saw Rex in the corner-

Rex: Hey Stan over here!

So he came right over and sat by him.

Rex: Glad you stopped by, I'm sure Jingle will love having you in this class.

Stan: Jingle?

Rex: He's our teacher in this class, his real name's Jan be let's us call him by his nickname. He's kind of unconventional but it's cool.

Just then the door opened and the instructor entered-

Rex: Here he comes now, just be calm.

Stan: Right.

He was brownish gold and whit, a Mohawk of mahogany brown hair and had a shiny red guitar strapped to his back.

Jingle: Welcome class, I take it you all looked over your music and we can get started right?

Rex: Uh Jingle. We have someone new who wants to join us.

The bard looked closer and walked right up and said-

Jingle: You seem interesting, your name?

Stan: Stan Miratashi.

Jingle: Can you play the guitar?

Stan: Yes, I've practiced for 13 years.

Jingle: All right, we'll give you a shot. Read music well?

Stan: Extensively sir.

Jingle: Leave the sir stuff at the door, I'm Jingle. Take this book and get started-

Tosses him a songbook and catches it-

(Moves up to the front and center of the room) Jingle: Ok now turn your books to page 10 and we'll start on my signal.

Stan took out his guitar and played a chord to make sure it was in tune-

(Thinking) Stan: Ok I'm ready.

Jingle: Ok everybody I'll start and you join in when I say takes out guitar and strums a chord let's try.

So he starts to play the selection with much gumption-

Jingle: Now!

Everyone else joins in and it slowly starts out great.

(Thinking) Stan: Just go for it, yeah!

Martial arts class 4:00 PM

The class had just gone though their warm-up drill and now Sensei Tomo has an announcement to make.

Tomo: Nice job everyone, now today we're going to try something a little different. We're going to be training for the martial arts exhibition. For three weeks we'll be training for the event on Friday and only two of you will make it. In the three weeks we train I'll let you know who made the cut.

(Thinking) Hakeru: Finally the break I've been waiting for!

Tomo: Ok let's begin!

So for the next hour they practiced the routines for the exhibition.

Rhinestone 5:00 PM

Soon after the 4 busy girls made their way over to the rhinestone where instead of the usual they decided to share a carob fudge sundae with Carmel syurp and sunflower seeds sprinkles.

Sandy: This is great after 2 hours of calorie burning, thanks T.

T.W: No prob, it's only 155 calories.

Hakeru: I'm sure we can manage this cal load, right girls?

Girls: Right!

So they all dig in and greatly enjoy, they get to talking about the events going on in their electives and it ended a great day.