Hamtaro Fan Fiction ❯ Stronger Without You ❯ Prologue

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Well peeps, I'm still fresh from my friend's funeral, but things are going well. Finally, I can put this up. Just remember peeps, I'm not one to work with this sort of genre, that genre get my stuff ripped from the site, so if anyone thinks this is out of genre, tell me. I'm not the kat that does that 'Drama for yo mamma' but anyway, I prologue for the peeps to get you all up to speed.

The morning was a nice one for Sandy, or at least it would be, except she has a newborn ham to care for. Currently she's been tending to her son and has been up for a while. "Boy, you totally drink a lot." Sandy said to her son. "I guess your appetite would be totally like Oxnard's."

"Sandy, yoohoo, where you at girlfriend?" Pashmina called to Sandy.

Sandy turned to see the gals. "Hey you guys, it's been a while."

"How was your trip?" asked Bijou.

"Um, I didn't really go on a trip."

"Ookyoo, ookyoo." said Penelope.

"That's a good point, Penelope. What IS with the baby, Sandy?"

"Hmm, how to say.... The reason why I've been gone was because I was, as the humans call, expecting." Sandy answered.

"You mean you were pregnant?" asked Bijou.

"Totally."

"Go on..." said Pashmina.

"You see girls, avor the past week and a half were my last days before I had him, my baby. Anyway, not too long ago, I gave birth to Rick here."

"He looks healthy." said Bijou.

"Of course he is, I took care of him before he was born."

"So, does Maxwell know about Rick-"

"Don't even mention him."

The girls were shocked. "That's not like you, Sandy." said Pashmina.

"Oui oui, what happened to you?" asked Bijou.

"Okwee?" asked Penelope.

"It's not important." answered Sandy. "What matters now is that I have a baby to take care of and he comes first."

"Well is it okay for me to hold him?" asked Pashmina.

"Well.... okay, but be careful."

Pashmina took hold of Rick and held him ever so carefully. Penelope is in awe, she thinks Rick is soooooooo cute. "Such a pretty baby, Sandy you must be proud." said Pashmina.

"I am." said Sandy.

"He has your stripes."

"He also looks like.... you know who." said Bijou.

"Yeah, he does look like Max-"
"Don't say that name!" Sandy yelled. "Even if it's true, I still love my son."

It was true, Rick looked just like Maxwell, except he was a harvest gold color to his coat and had Sandy's stripes in the exact places as his mother and uncle. "Does he know?" asked Bijou.

"No, he doesn't." Sandy answered. "And it doesn't matter either."

"Did you even try to tell M--I mean him that you were having a baby?" asked Pashmina.

"Yes." Sandy gave a sigh, "I tried to tell him, but you know him just as well as I. And of all the things, that hurts the most: Because even though I tried to tell him.... 'Not now Sandy, I'm really into this good book.'; 'Sandy, please, can't you see I'm reading?'; 'Sandy, this part is really interesting, a little silence please.'; 'Tell me about it later, or when it's lunch when I'm not reading.'; so on and so fourth." Tears began to well in her eyes. "I bugged him week, after week, after week, then I totally came to the conclusion that... that...... that he would rather read his books than be interested about his unborn son.

"Then I told you girls about my 'trip' which I didn't have because it was around my target time to bare Rick. It doesn't matter now because it's all, like in the past."

"But it does matter." the other girls explained.

"Why? Do you gorls, like have a time machine that Panda made or something?"

"Well, no." answered Pashmina.

"Then it doesn't matter, that was all in the past."

Pashmina gave Rick back to Sandy. "So are you coming to ze clubhouse to show Rick to all of us?" asked Bijou.

"No, I won't be going there for a while." Sandy answered, "but you're more than welcome to drop a dime."

"Ookyoo?" asked Penelope.

"As for him..... he will never see his son. So tell the gang I said hi and everything's fine."

"Okay, if that's what you want." said Pashmina and the girls left.