Hana Kimi Fan Fiction ❯ Cinnamon Cookies ❯ Cinnamon Cookies ( One-Shot )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Butter.

Check.

Sugar.

Check.

One egg, vanilla extract, flour, baking powder, walnuts, and cinnamon. Check.

Gigantic mixing bowl complete with lickable mixers. Check.

Hokuto Umeda was ready to make cookies.

A small sigh escaped his lips, 'I am not making these because I heard a rumor he was in town... absolutely not..."

Even though Umeda knew his Cinnamon Cookies were his favorite treat... 'Nope. Couldn't care less if he were in town.'

As he cracked the egg over the bowl, his thoughts began to mull over everything he had in his life. A good job. Friends. Family. An obsessive cross-dressing student that didn't give him a moment of peace, and her homophobic older brother...

Oh, yeah. He didn't have that last one. He just wanted it.

He couldn't help his attraction to the elder Ashiya. He was overprotective, overbearing, and overzealous; but he was something else, too.

He was damn sexy.

Umeda smirked. A few minutes of thinking about some hot guy, and thoughts of him seemed to disappear.

Maybe that's what he needed. A fling with some stud.

Umeda shook his head, immediately dismissing the thought. He didn't have the time.

He looked down at his finished dough. Why was he making these, again? Oh, yeah... he was lonely. And making his favorite cookies somehow made him seem closer...

He placed the rolled balls of dough into the oven and set the timer. In about ten minutes he'd have a dozen Cinnamon Cookies he didn't even want. Another sigh slipped past his lips.

"Dr. Umeda!"

He couldn't help the little yelp that escaped him, and he turned an annoyed glare onto the doorway. "How did you know where I live, Mizuki?"

Ashiya Mizuki's eyes widened. "Oh! I'm so sorry, Dr. Umeda! Nanba told me!" she bent into a bow, respectfully lowering her head.

'It figured his damn nephew ruined his night off.' "Get up, Mizuki. What do you need?"

Mizuki straightened herself out, "Oh! Um... I was wondering if I could borrow Rio's clothes again."

Umeda was confused, "Why?"

A blush spread across Mizuki's cheeks, "Well, you see... my brother is in town again for a conference, and..."

"Your brother?" he felt the corner of his mouth lifting into a half-smile.

"Well, yes... and he wanted to see me and I know you don't like him very much but..."

"I'd be glad to get some of Rio's clothing for you, Mizuki."

Mizuki's eyes brightened, "Really?"

Umeda nodded, "Why don't I drive you to meet him, as well?"

"Thank you, Dr. Umeda! That's so kind of you!"

"Of course. Oh, and Mizuki, tell me..."

"Yes?"

"Does your brother like Cinnamon Cookies?"