Hana Kimi Fan Fiction ❯ Pictures Can Tell A Secret ❯ One-Shot

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Hanakimi. I also borrowed that line, the one with the asterisk (*) from the manga.

 

One Shot - a fanfic based on Volume 10, Chapter 51

 

Pictures Can Tell A Secret

 

He stared at the picture for a long time feeling his heartbeat accelerate and yet not knowing what to do about it. He really couldn't figure it out, this unconscious need to protect…

 

"Just giving the pictures where you look like a "girl" to me…has he seen through me too?" (*)

 

He waited for her to come home, his arm covering his eyes while he thought of a decision to confront or not to confront Akiha Hara. As his eyes closed in thought, he began to doze a little, his right hand still clutching the photo.

 

"I'M BACK!" A cheerful voice greeted as the door swung open.

 

"Eh?" Mizuki leaned back a bit with a thoughtful look on her face. "Sano's asleep." A devilish idea popped into her head. Snickering, she approached him, hands ready to start the tickle attack.

 

"Huh?" She caught sight one of the pictures peeking out of the brown envelope. Forgetting her initial plan, she took the envelope slowly careful not to wake Sano up. She shuffled through the pictures, a nervous tingling running up her nerves.

 

"Ah-!! Where did Sano get this?" Mizuki thought panicky. "I look like a girl in these!!!"

 

Sano started grumbling…Mizuki hastily put the pictures inside the envelope when she suddenly saw the one she hadn't seen yet. She leaned in closer to pry the picture away from Sano's grasp.

 

Sano felt the slight tugging at his right hand and opened his eyes. His eyes widened as he faced Mizuki's face just inches away from him.

 

*Automatic Blush*

 

"Ah, Sano you're awake!" Mizuki grinned cheekily. She too then noticed how close their faces were and began to blush looking away. By then, Sano's grip on the picture had automatically loosened.

 

"Um, can I see this…" Mizuki mumbled, taking the picture already and moving away.

 

"NO!!" Sano yelled, grabbing her from behind and pulling her down towards the bed where they wrestled for the picture. Sano won, taking the picture and turning away from him.

 

"Aww…I wanna see it." Mizuki pouted, moving closer hands reaching for the pic.

 

Her hands changed direction then and began tickling him.

 

"Ahahaha… Mizuki stop it." He let down his guard, and the picture that he had been protecting dropped at the middle of the bed. Mizuki grabbed it.

 

She stared at the picture for a long time making Sano nervous. She turned to him with a hopeful expression on her face. "Can I have if?"

 

"I…ah…okay." He said at last. He wanted to have that picture too. He looked away not wanting Mizuki to see him disappointed.

 

Mizuki gave him a curious glance. "Don't worry Sano, I don't know where you got them but you still have lots of Akiha-san's pictures other than this." She said earnestly.

 

"So she saw them too?!" Sano tried to give a noncommittal glance on the brown envelope.

 

"Akiha-san is such a great photographer. Look I even bought his photo book!" Mizuki showed off her new possession.

 

Sano gave her a soft smile with a while shaking his head subtly at her. "So naïve…" He thought. "Even with such evidence at hand, she still couldn't see that her secret has already been discovered."

 

Mizuki continued to chatter with a happy smile about Akiha Hara's accomplishments.

 

"…I don't want to lose her. So I must figure out what Akiha-san's up to so I'll be able to stay…by her side."

 

"Sano?! You're spacing out." Mizuki frowned.

 

-The End-

 

Thank you for reading. Please review =) This is my first Hanakimi fanfic. I've been wanting to write one for so long.