Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction / Psych Fan Fiction ❯ Don't Drink The Skele-Gro ❯ 86. Seeing Red ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I should really be sleeping instead of writing these…
 
Shawn had been sorted first, even though Guster was way before Spencer alphabetically. Of course, Gus wasn't about to protest this breech of order; he was far to busy trying to figure out how Shawn was so excited about this. It was no surprise to anyone present, however, when the Sorting Hat screeched out Gryffindor as it was less than an inch from being perched on the fake psychic's head. Shawn boasted that the Gryffindor spirit poured off him in waves; Gus retorted that it probably wanted nothing to do with his hair gel.
As obvious as Shawn's sorting went, no one had expected the black man to receive the same placement. The hat had said something along the lines of being best friends with Shawn required more courage than anything else. Gus had snorted in agreement.
It was only as the two followed McGonagall to Gryffindor tower that he realized the implications of what they were getting into. He would be rooming with Shawn and five teenagers. God help him.
The trio came to a stop in front of a portrait of a full-figured woman in a pink dress. After the professor gave the password (“Pineapple fritters,” much to Shawn's delight), the portrait winked saucily at the two men and swung to the side. Gus was still trying to get over that fact that a portrait had hit on him and that his best friend was now apparently flirting back, and therefore didn't immediately notice the room that had previously been hidden. McGonagall cleared her throat and both boys stared into the scarlet dorms before them.
 
Why can I so easily imagine Shawn flirting with moving portraits?
 
Reviews make my day.