Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction / Psych Fan Fiction ❯ Don't Drink The Skele-Gro ❯ 47. Creation ( Chapter 51 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Why do I sense that Shawn's done this before?
 
“What happened then, sensei?” The girl, one of the numerous impressionable first years hanging onto his every word, asked eagerly, eyes wide with newfound enlightenment.
 
Shawn sagely rubbed his chin with one hand. “Well, after the griffin had successfully hatched from the chicken's egg (which totally came after the bird in question), he was feeling pretty hungry. So, he made some turtle soup. Its humongous shell is what we call the earth.” He nodded as he finished.
 
The majority of the eleven year olds oohed and awed at his story. However, two impertinent little youngsters raised their hands.
 
Shawn pointed at one of them at random, declaring, “You. Question. Speak.”
 
“My dad says that the chicken came after the egg.”
 
“Yeah, well, is your dad a psychic able to tap into the memories of the earth itself?” Upon receiving no response, he continued, “I didn't think so,” before gesturing to the other curious child.
 
“If the chicken was small enough to be able to avoid the intergalactic police by hiding in the turtle's mouth, how did it manage to lay an egg containing a griffin large enough to eat the entire turtle?”
 
Shawn took a moment to examine the child's uniform. “You know the rules,” he told her in lieu of an actual answer, “No Ravenclaws allowed.”
 
Gus, who had been sitting next to his friend the entire time in order to properly provide adequate amounts of eye rolling, spoke up. “Since when?”
 
“Since they were a bunch of know-it-alls with no imagination and who ask too many questions.”
 
“In other words, they always realize that your creation stories are completely bogus.”
 
“Exactly.”
 
The answer to the Ravenclaw's question involves teletubbies and massive amounts of cheese. No joke.
 
Review?