Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction / Psych Fan Fiction ❯ Don't Drink The Skele-Gro ❯ 20. Fortitude ( Chapter 75 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The beginning of yet another arc, although this one is not the final one.
 
Shawn stood defiantly, puffing out his chest in a primal attempt to look more intimidating and manly. He tried not to be distracted by the sickeningly cute pictures of kittens adorning the walls and instead focused on the professor in front of him.
 
Dolores Umbridge sat primly behind her desk, adjusting her ferociously pink cardigan. After a few moments, she turned her gaze to the psychic. “Talking back to your professors, Mr. Spencer? I'm afraid that cannot go unpunished.” Her eyes glinted maliciously at him from across the wooden surface.
 
“'Professor,'” Shawn corrected, “Singular. I only talked back to you.” He paused for a moment in thought. “Well,” he continued, “There was also Snape, I suppose, but he hardly counts. He knows my belligerence is my way of showing him affection. Platonically, of course. He doesn't mind it. Really.”
 
One cat portrait in the corner mewed in disbelief, but both humans ignored it. Instead, the psychic leveled the woman with his best “Do your worst” expression. “However, I hold no such affection for you.” It really didn't matter what punishment she gave him; he could handle it.
 
“Oh, really?” the professor questioned, a smirk forming on the edges of her lips. “Well, I suppose the best punishment would be deprivation. Henceforth, you are banned from consuming pineapple, and any substance derived from the aforementioned fruit.”
 
Suddenly, Shawn didn't think he could go on much longer.
 
Writing Umbridge is hard. :(