Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction / Supernatural Fan Fiction ❯ Immortal Raven ❯ Chapter 2

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Don't own them.
I have a new poll up for Vampire Hunter, please vote.
 
Chapter 2
 
Bobby grumbled as another knock sounded at his door, making sure his shotgun was out of sight but easily reached; he opened the door and then stared. Standing in front of him was a young man, no older than twenty, dressed all in black and far too thin to be healthy.
 
“Are you the owner?” The boy asked and Bobby nodded. The youth held out an envelope.
“I was told to give you this.” And with that the young man collapsed on his doorstep. Bobby hesitated but then lifted the incredibly light male up and deposited him on the couch. He looked the envelope over and frowned as he read the address, that handwriting was very familiar. Sighing he opened it and pulled out a piece of parchment.
 
Bobby,
 
Bet you're surprised to be hearing from me but I need your help. If you are reading this then I am dead. The young man who gave this to you is my godson and heir though I do not know the name he has chosen to travel under. He needs help Bobby, whether it is a place to train for the war or a place to hide once it is over. Please help him. He is the only son I have.
 
Sincerely,
Snuffles.
 
Bobby put the parchment down and his gaze moved over to a nearly hidden photo. It had been taken three months after he had met Sirius Black and the wizard had saved his life. It saddened him to hear the younger man was dead although it wasn't all that surprising since he hadn't heard anything from him in years. He looked back over to the couch and stared at the still unconscious form in thought. Sirius' godson...the man had spoken of the boy often but from what he said the kid was almost Dean's age. So why did he look so much younger?
 
There was nothing he could do until the kid woke up. He didn't even know the boys name, for safety Sirius had only ever referred to him as `Cub'. Bobby had a feeling that the war was over and that he needed a place to hide. Looking him over more closely he looked like someone who had been locked away for a long time and that worried Bobby.
 
It was three hours before he heard a groan that signalled his guest was waking up. Grabbing a glass of holy water, just to be extra safe, he made his way back into the room to see the young man slowly sitting up and looking around. Grey eyes met his and if he didn't know the kid wasn't Sirius' he would have thought he was.
 
“Got a name kid?” He asked, handing over the water.
 
“Harrison, Harry.” Was the answer after several gulps of water were downed.
 
“Sirius never told me your name, just called you cub.” That got a small smile.
 
“Yeah, that and Prongslet of all things.”
 
“You read the letter?” Bobby asked and Harry shook his head.
“He said you either need help training for a war or are running...” Bobby trailed off and Harry looked away.
 
“Running. War ended ten years ago.” Was the quiet answer.
 
“How old are you?” that got a small laugh.
 
“Twenty-five, I'll be twenty-six in July. How much did Siri tell you?”
 
“The basics and no names, just nicknames and stuff. You need medical?”
 
“No, I'm not hurt.”
 
“So you passed out from hunger did you?” He asked gruffly and wide eyes met his gaze.
“You're skinnier than he was kid. I'd almost think....” Bobby trailed off as he realised where the kid may have been.
 
“That I'd been in Azkaban prison too? Good guess. Ten years it took me to follow his example and escape, though I did have help.” Ten years...he would have been a child! What sort of monster throws a child into that sort of place? He looked at the boy, no man, and made his decision.
 
“Come on, let's get you settled in and then start getting you back into some semblance of health.”
 
--------------------------------
He had to say one thing for the kid, he was a born hunter. Bobby had been reluctant to let him help even on the research but he had turned out to be just as stubborn as his godfather and twice as sneaky. So now he owed Harry his life a few times over as well. No one looking at the young man now would ever think he was the same Harrison Grimm that had passed out on his doorstep nearly a year ago. Once he'd started getting three solid meals a day the kid had but on weight and muscle incredibly fast. Sirius had been the same, apparently all wizards and witches were pretty fast healers.
 
Bobby would be sad to see the kid go but Harry was more than ready to head out on his own. They'd fixed up the bike Sirius had left at his place and Harry had even added to the spells already on it.
 
“You sure you want to go?” Bobby couldn't help asking one more time as he watched Harry gather the remainder of his things. Harry turned to him and gave him a bright smile.
 
“Yeah, don't worry old man, you're not getting rid of me for good. I just...i can't be cooped up Bobby.” Harry shrugged and Bobby nodded.
 
“I know kid. Stay out of trouble and call if you need help. Call anyways.” He told him gruffly and then stiffened as Harry hugged him before hugging him back slightly.
“Get going unless you want to be stuck on the road for the night.” He gave Harry a gentle push towards the door and then followed him outside. He stayed there until the black and silver bike was long out of sight. Yea, he'd miss the kid.
 
TBC...