Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction / Supernatural Fan Fiction ❯ Magic School ❯ Chapter 2

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Not mine.
Since people have been asking I will clarify, Dean is 18, Harry 17 and Sam 14. Harry transferred to Salem a few weeks into his seventh year, Sam's fourth.
 
Chapter 2
 
Dean shifted nervously as he leant against the wall, the letter from Lord Potter half crushed in his hand as he waited. As soon as the letter with a meeting place and time had arrived he'd taken off without a word to his father. His Dad had lied to him for the last four years; he didn't deserve to know what Dean was doing. Dean was scared though; would the teen still be his Sammy? He'd read that weird letter, Sam was mixed up in magic and that was never a good thing. Dean tensed as he heard footsteps approaching. One hand dropped to hover over his gun in case it wasn't the person he was meant to be meeting. He stared as a guy about his age came into sight. He was shorter than Dean with messy dark hair and eyes even greener than Dean's.
 
“Dean Winchester?” the guy asked and he nodded in answer, making the other smile.
“Harry Potter-Black.” Dean blinked at the introduction. He'd been expecting someone....older.
 
“Is Sam okay? I want to see him.” Dean said and Harry sighed, moving to lean against the wall opposite Dean.
 
“He's alright; he's safe on a family property nearby.” Harry told him and Dean felt a flash of relief.
“You need to hear a few things before I take you to him though.”
 
“Like what?” Dean demanded and Harry ran a hand through his hair.
 
“Do you know what happened between your Dad and Sam?” He asked and Dean knew that whatever had happened was bad.
 
“Tell me Dad didn't hurt him.” Dean begged and Harry smiled slightly, letting Dean relax.
 
“No. He did pull a gun on him though, made him leave however he let him pack his things. Sam managed to send a note to the school and they came and collected him. Since then he's been shuffled between various families during holidays.” Harry explained and Dean closed his eyes.
 
“But he's okay?” Dean demanded. Sam had been handed around like that? Why hadn't he tried to call or something? Dean would have come for him in a second, despite Sam being involved in magic.
 
“Physically yes, but he's taken a lot of emotional hits over the last four years. There are some things you need to understand about our world to get the true impact of why he was treated the way he was.”
 
“Wait...your world?” Dean frowned, not understanding what he was talking about.
 
“Sam's told me about what your family does. He even told me about the type of witches you guys hunt; I'm guessing that's why your Dad kicked Sam out. Sam didn't make a deal for his power, he was born with it, we all are. There's a whole secret world existing alongside yours, we have our own schools, government, everything. We separated from the rest of the world centuries ago due to prejudice and fear. People fear what they don't understand after all. Recently there was a war over in England; it's why I moved to America. The war was based on blood. There are those who do not like children born to non magical people being allowed into our world, they want to keep the blood `pure'. I'm technically a half-blood myself; Sam would be termed a muggleborn. My father was from one of the oldest Pureblood families though they did intermarry. My mother was like Sam. While we may have won the war there are still those who believe blood matters and several of the richest in America are in Sam's grade at school. I'm the first friend Sam's had and I only moved to America eleven months ago. About a month before school ended I found Sam in a deserted hallway with a group of boys attacking him magically. I stepped in and after that I had my room switched to a double. Offered to take him as my ward or apprentice to get him out of the school once I graduated, he accepted.” Harry explained.
 
“I would have come for him.” Dean whispered and Harry frowned.
 
“Sam said he sent you letters but they were returned unopened.”
 
“I swear I never got them.” Dean told him, needing Harry to believe him. Harry stared at him and then finally nodded.
 
“I'll take you to Sam now. Just....he needs to know you love him Dean.” Harry warned and Dean nodded. Yeah, he hated talking about or even showing his emotions but this was Sam.
“Grab onto my arm and don't let go.” Harry held his arm out and Dean took hold, squeezing his eyes shut and trying not to throw up. When everything settled again they were standing in a rich looking foyer.
“This way, he was going to wait in the library.” Harry led the way and Dean followed him, looking around and feeling uncomfortable surrounded by such obvious wealth. Would Sam want to stay here or go back to crummy motels with Dean? Harry pushed open one side of a pair of double doors and Dean grinned at the endless shelves filled with books. Apparently Sam was still a nerd. Dean swallowed as he spotted the teen sitting on a window seat with his head buried in a thick tome.
 
“Sam?” Dean called and Sam's head shot up as he spun on the seat to stare at them. Sam stood and Dean stared, taking in the changes age had made to his brother. Sam was taller, his hair longer...........but his eyes were the same and in them Dean could see fear, hope and love.
“Sammy.” He called again taking a step closer and then Sam was running towards him. Sam crashed into him and Dean wrapped his arms around his brother, holding him close for the first time in four years.
“It's okay Sammy, I'm here.” Dean whispered as he heard Sam try and choke back a sob. AT his words Sam let it go and Dean looked around, smiling when a chair was shoved behind him. He sat, pulling Sam with him and let the kid cry. He heard quiet footsteps and then the door shutting as Harry left them alone. Sam eventually quieted and then pulled back to stare up at Dean.
 
“You really came.” Sam whispered and Dean nodded.
 
“I swear I never got any letters Sammy, I would have come for you.” Dean swore and Sam stared at him before slowly smiling and nodding.
 
“Do....do you hate me?” Sam asked and Dean shook his head.
 
“No Sammy, you're my baby brother. Dad should never have done what he did, I'm sorry I wasn't there.” Dean answered, tightening his grip on the kid. He'd grown up so much since Dean had last seen him, he was still shorter but Dean had stopped growing and Sam hadn't.
“Love you kiddo.” Dean whispered and Sam's eyes went wide, it wasn't something Dean said often, if ever, he had always just assumed Sam knew but Harry was right that Sam needed to hear it.
“I shouldn't have gone out that night; it was your Birthday, if I'd been there....”
 
“You spent the whole day with me Dean; it's not your fault. You couldn't have known what would happen. If you never got my letters than how did you find out?” He asked and Dean was relieved that Sam didn't blame him for not being there that night.
 
“Found the letter saying you'd been taken as an apprentice and it listed new contact details, I copied them down and tossed the original while Dad was out. He thinks I'm on the way to see Bobby. Hearing what he did to you, I'm not going back to him.” Dean explained and Sam stared at him in shock. Dean turn his back on Dad? Incredible.
 
“What will you do? Will....would you stay here?” Sam asked and Dean shrugged.
 
“You want me to?” He asked and Sam nodded instantly.
 
“I guess I'll have to find a motel or something then.” Dean answered and Sam's face fell before he looked back towards the door with pleading eyes.
 
“You're welcome to stay here Dean.” Harry said as he approached and Dean turned to look at him.
“House is big enough, there's a spare room besides Sam's that you can have. I'm not going to split you two up. In fact if you want I can help you get custody of Sam, take your Dad completely out of the loop if you want. Lunch is ready for you two.” Harry told them and then left them alone.
 
“Come on, the food here is great!” Sam told his brother, standing and pulling Dean along towards the dining room. Dean looked around, taking everything in as they went. How could he even think about taking Sam away from such a comfortable life? But could he stay too?
 
TBC....