Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction / Twilight Fan Fiction ❯ Vanguard ❯ Chapter 1: Unexpected Visit ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 1: Unexpected Visit
“Harry, Harry. Wake up! Sirius said as he shook the despondent boy.
Harry hasn't been getting much sleep this particular summer. During the day he spent his time either in his room or out in the neighborhood or in the local park farther away from the Dursley's the better. Each night, however he'd have the same nightmare over and over again. He was tied up in the graveyard, where Petter Pettigrew was stirring up a concoction to bring back Voldemort. It worked. Every night he was forced to reenact the scenes that played out that night and it always ended with him looking into the blank dark eyes of Cedric Diggory. Harry blamed himself for his death and for Voldemorts return, but what could he have done differently. How was he supposed to know that Barty Crouch Jr. was disguised as Allister Moody. He was also feeling a lot of self pity too. Normally during the summer he would get a post from Hermione and Ron each week, but it was like his friends have totally forgotten that he even existed. He he'd sunk so low in his depressive state that it would have to take an extraordinary event to snap him out of it, or maybe a visit from his godfather.
“You need to snap out this funk you are in and I've got just the thing.”
“Sirius?” Harry said while reaching for his glasses on the nightstand.
“Well of course. You said you wanted to spend the summer with me and I had a talk with Dumbledore and he's agreed to allow me to take you away from this dreadful place until school starts up again. That is of course if you want to go…..with me?”
“Of course I do, but what's going on….”The questions began to fly from Harry's mouth as Sirius began to collect Harry's things and pack for him.
“Quiet boy! You'll wake up that appalling uncle of yours, and that's that is the last person I want to deal with. On second thought, I wouldn't mind hexing him but I promised Dumbledore I would be good.” Harry raised an eyebrow at Sirius' comment and then turned his attention toward Hedwig's cage.
“Where are we going?”
“America.”
“America? Are you serious?
“Well, yes I am serious, and why not. Gets both of us away from the dreadful thought we both have been having. Haven't you ever wonder what else is out there. That is of course if you want to go. If you'd think you would have more of an adventure here then I guess I could go without you.” Sirius teased with a devilish grin.
“No! I want to go. What about my stuff and Hedwig?”
“I'll send them to the Burrow. Take what you need and let's get a move on.”
Harry collected his things while Sirius sent his remaining things to the Burrow and then Harry grabbed onto Sirius's arm as he apparited them to America