Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Almost Perfect ❯ Chapter 7 ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: If I owned it which I DON'T I wouldn't be putting it here it would be in a bookstore
 
Almost Perfect Chapter 7:
 
Sirius was nervous, very nervous and not just nervous like your about to take a test or give a speech but nervous like throw-up nervous.
 
His trial was today and even though James had assured him several times that he would be okay and found innocent and also that he would never have to go back to Azkaban again he was still incredibly worried.
 
James however wasn't worried and just kept reassuring his friend that he would be fine. “ I mean come on Sirius what can happen we got Peter and you have my word and yours against his. So it should be over quickly and you can go get some clothes of your own and stop bumming mine. I don't have many as it is and they always smell like wet dog when you give them back to me.” Said James teasing his friend trying to help him with his nervousness.
 
Which earned him a smack to the back of the head from his best friend, “ they do not James because I wash all the clothes that I borrowed before I gave them back.” Said Sirius feeling a little bit better.
 
“ Well,” said James smiling, “ either you need to learn the definition of washing or you need to get new detergent.”
 
Sirius rolled his eyes, “ have you ever thought that the smell might be coming from you dear James.”
 
“ No, not really I've always had the opinion that I smell quite good, but you on the other hand.”
 
“ Don't even go there James.” Said Sirius almost growling.
 
So they sat in silence after that and waited for someone from the ministry to escort them to the trial, because Sirius was still seen as `` Dangerous in the eyes of the public until proven otherwise.''
 
They didn't have to wait too long before two very grumpy and unsocial ministry guards showed up and hauled Sirius off. James shouted something at him but he wasn't paying attention to anything but what was in front of him.
 
What felt like hours to Sirius but what was really only a few minutes they reached the great hall where the trial was being held. He took a deep breath before being shoved through the doors by the guards.
 
Sirius suddenly thought of all kinds of pranks he could pull on the guards after his trial and that seemed to do the trick and he calmed down almost immediately.
 
 
He started looking around and he found Peter though he did fell the urge to rip him to shreds because even though he'd only been in Azkaban for two weeks he looked as if he'd been in there for years.
 
He was still a little bit nervous but not as much as he'd been before besides James was right it was really stupid to worry.
 
As soon as everyone was in the room Cornelius Fudge stood up cleared his throat and instantly everyone quit talking and whispering.
 
“ We are here to determine whether or not an innocent man was placed in Azkaban and to decide the fate of the one responsible for the crimes.” He sat down and said, “ Let the trial began” ( <<<<<<<< that sounds so stupid but I couldn't think of anything else to put…. Excuse my mindless ranting….)
 
Sirius was shocked by how fast the trial went by and he found out why Peter hadn't exactly been shocked to see him.
 
He and James had been forced to admit they had illegal animagus forms and that they had helped Peter learn how to become one too.
 
Peter was given veritaserum and he confessed to framing Sirius and other things that he had done. He also explained that a house elf had shown up with a letter explaining that Sirius had escaped, which explained to Sirius why he had been so damn hard to find.
 
Right now the Wizengamot was discussing the details of the trial in a separate room and had been doing so for the better part of an hour.
 
Sirius was nervous again even though he had no rational reason to be, he was very grateful for his best friend because he knew if he wasn't there he wouldn't even be getting this trial he would have been shipped back to Azkaban by now.
 
Sirius started looking around again and found James staring at him except he didn't look nervous at all he looked happy and he realized that there was someone missing, moony. `Surely,' thought Sirius, ` he would have heard about all this by now wouldn't he have?'
 
Sirius hadn't been pondering over where his friend was for long when the Wizengamot re-entered the room and everyone fell silent again.
 
Cornelius Fudge stood up to announce the verdict of the trial. “ After reviewing the evidence old and new we have found that Sirius Black was indeed innocent of the crimes he was sent to Azkaban for and Peter Pettigrew will take his place in Azkaban.”
James was the first one to start cheering and then half of the great hall was cheering for Sirius.
 
Sirius was so happy that he couldn't stop smiling even though it hurt his cheeks to do so.
 
A few hours later Sirius and James were having a miniature celebration party.
 
They were sitting in front of a table with cakes piled almost a foot high and with various drink containers lying around.
 
“ Hey James where do you think moony is?” asked Sirius stating what he had wanted to know for quite a while.
 
“ Yeah I've been wondering that too Dumbledore said that he didn't want to be bothered. So I really didn't think too much of it, but you'd think he's show up for something like this.” Said James grabbing another cake off the table in front of them.
 
Sirius nodded, “ maybe he hasn't heard about all of what's going on.” Suggested Sirius because right now it was the only thing that made sense to him.
 
“ He'd know that you've escaped at the least Sirius because of the letter that Dumbledore sent around.” Said James thinking that maybe something had happened to their friend.
 
“ Yeah, “ said Sirius thinking about it, “ maybe that's the only thing he knows maybe he doesn't know anything about Harry being kidnapped.”
 
“ Yeah well after we find Harry I say we go find old moony and drag him back into society.” Said James laughing a bit at imagining him and Sirius going to find Remus and dragging him back to Hogwarts.
 
“ That sounds like a good idea.” Said Sirius smiling slyly, “ but you know what sounds like an even better idea?” he asked James smiling
 
“ No what?” he asked getting suspicious
 
“ This!” yelled Sirius grabbing a half eaten cake from the table and chucking it at James' head.
 
James retaliated and pretty soon the room that they were in was a mess with cake and Butterbeer all over the place on the ceiling, walls floors, windows and of course all over James and Sirius.
 
Sirius and James took a look at the room and laughed and then set to cleaning it up.
 
After a few minutes they had the room clean again but it still smelled like Butterbeer but Sirius said to leave it like that because he rather liked that smell.
After they both got throwing food out of their systems James told Sirius about the Auror's and about the one plan that he had liked. Sirius agreed and figured out a way to get the list made quicker.
 
“ How?” asked James curious. “ Snape.” Said Sirius as if the name explained it all.
 
“ What are you talking about Sirius?” asked James not following what his friend was saying.
 
“ I'm saying to ask Snape for a list of Death Eaters that avoided Azkaban so we can check them out it would be a lot better than relying on the ministry records anyway.” Said Sirius gabbing one of the few cakes that hadn't been thrown in the cake war and unwrapped it and stuck it in his mouth.
 
“ Why would Snape know?” asked James still not following.
 
“ You don't know?” asked Sirius and then realized the only reason he knew was because he heard the people at Azkaban talk about Dumbledore was the only reason Snape wasn't in one of the cells.
 
“ Know what Sirius?” asked James getting annoyed that his friend wouldn't just spit whatever he had to say out.
 
“ Dumbledore saved Snape from Azkaban Snape was a Death Eater but he was a spy for Dumbledore.” Said Sirius, “ At least that's what I heard in Azkaban.”
 
James just sat there in shock for a few seconds before jumping up and heading for the door. “ Hey,” Sirius called after him, “where are you going?”
 
“ To find Snape and make him help with that list.” Said James opening the door. Sirius reluctantly jumped up to follow James might want to go see Snape but he didn't want to and it could have waited until tomorrow at least that's what he thought.
 
With some difficulty they found Snape and Sirius thought it was worth all the trouble just to see his face when they, or rather James asked him for help.
 
After about thirty minutes James had successfully talked Snape into helping them.
 
Snape only agreed to help because he knew if he didn't Dumbledore would ask him to do it later anyway and he'd rather do it sooner than latter so he didn't have to see the two idiots for a while.
 
So after a very awkward silence while Snape wrote out a list and then muttered a spell to disguise his handwriting, James had his list and was ready to start right then and there until Sirius pointed out something important.
 
“ Uh James it's almost midnight and you might want to see if the Auror's want to help.” Suggested Sirius practically dragging his best friend back into the castle.
 
“ Yeah that might be a good idea.” Agreed James
 
“ But we could go ahead and look at the list so we know who's on it before we hand it over to the Auror's.” suggested Sirius knowing that a few names we liable to disappear from the list.
 
“ I guess that's all we can do until tomorrow.” Said James and then had an idea, “We should make a copy of the list incase they loss this one somehow.”
 
“ That might be the best idea you've had all night Prongs.” Said Sirius teasing his friend.
 
“ At least I've had a good idea Padfoot.” Countered James.
 
“ I had an idea,” said Sirius scowling “ and it was a good idea.”
 
“ Oh yeah what was that?” asked James.
 
“ I had the idea to throw cake at your ugly mug.” Said Sirius sidestepping what would have been a smack to the back of the head.
 
As they continued there argument they passed the transfiguration room, however they didn't notice that someone was in there until she came out of her room prepared to yell at students for being out of bed and found two of her former students arguing like first years.
 
James and Sirius both jumped at the sound of their former teachers voice. “ Mr. Potter, Mr. Black.”
 
Sirius and James looked at each other and they could tell they both had the same idea. McGonagall hadn't been had the trial today she didn't know that Sirius and James were Animagi. So they were going to play a prank on there old teacher and simultaneously Sirius and James turned into a dog and a stag and enjoyed watching the usual stern expression on there former teachers face turn into one of shock.
 
Twenty minutes later when they got back to James' room because his was closer they were still laughing at the look on McGonagall face. Sirius collapsed on James' couch and fell asleep almost immediately.
 
James was considering yanking the cushions out from underneath his best friend but decided that he was tired and he would just leave him be however he did set up a nice prank for him for when he woke up.
 
James went to bed shortly after that and woke up to Sirius' screams letting him know that his prank had been a success and chucked lightly before telling his friend to shut up so he could go back to sleep.
 
 
 
<><><><><><><><>& lt;><><><><><><><><>< ><><><><><><><><><> ;<><><><>
 
 
Okay so I've been thinking about making a forum thing for this story and my other story's that I will be working on in the sometime near future so tell me if you think that's a good idea or not. Also I'm already halfway through the next chapter and I hope that at least some people will enjoy what's going to happen in the next chapter.
 
And Danielle Guyette that's a good guess but no that's not what he's naming the puppy keep in mind the dog is a girl.