Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Betrothed ❯ Chapter 6 ( Chapter 6 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter 6
 
“Wow,” said Lullia. “Professor Snape is a hard ass teacher, but good.”
 
Draco nodded. “He's always been like that. Just be glad he already somewhat likes you.”
 
They were leaving the Potions room with students running pass them hoping to make it to their next class on time. Snape had kept them over today. Draco and Lullia took their time walking up the stairs. Potions had gone fairly well for Lullia. When she had introduced herself to Snape he nodded like the last professor knowing of the situation. He simply handed her a worn book and nodded to where Draco had been sitting.
 
“If you do have any questions regarding this class ask myself or Mr. Malfoy,” he stated.
 
“Thank you Professor.” Out of habit she slightly curtsied to Snape and went to sit next to Draco. Snape raised an eyebrow and sat down. “It went well,” she said with a smile.
 
Draco nodded who had watched the whole thing. “I saw.” He looked up at the door and frowned. “Great…I forgot he's in here too.”
 
Lullia then looked at the doorway seeing John Marko walk in. He saw Lullia and smirked. John walked towards the back of the room where Draco and Lullia sat. He then plopped down next to her and flashed a white smile.
 
Lullia frowned. “Please tell me that's not your seat?”
 
“As a matter of fact, it is.” Another student came up to tell him to move until John kicked him away. The student gave up and went to take John's real seat. “That kid never knows which seat is his. So tell me, Lullia,” he purred her name, “where did you transfer from?”
 
She scooted closer to Draco. “A private school,” she answered and quickly opened her Potions book.
 
“Nice. So is Malfoy showing you around with his ice cold attitude?”
 
Draco glared over at John. “Will you shut up and leave?” he hissed.
 
John returned the glare. “What? Jealous that your girlfriend is talking to me now?”
 
Draco then gripped his quill making his knuckles stand out white. Lullia nudged him with her knee. “She. Is. Not. My. Girlfriend,” he said through a clenched jaw.
 
“Whatever. So Lullia who are you eating with at lunch?”
 
The other students had arrived and once again saw the mysterious girl sitting with an angry Malfoy. They exchanged looks and sat down. Some shrugged it off knowing that usually the only opened seats were by Malfoy unless Crabbe and Goyle occupied them.
 
So who really cared?
 
Lullia shifted uncomfortably. “Uh-well-uh-Dra-Dumbledore has asked me to eat lunch with him this afternoon.”
 
John frowned. “And what about dinner?”
 
“No thank you. I already have plans.”
 
“With who?”
 
“Mr. Marko one more word and you'll receive a second detention this week,” said Snape from the front of the room. John looked ready to speak again, but was silenced when Snape gave him a dirty look.
 
“Does John ever give up?” Lullia asked Draco as they finally reached the first floor.
 
Draco shrugged. “Sorry. I forgot he was in that class with us. You can sit next to the isle tomorrow if you want.”
 
Lullia shook her head. “You might kill him if I do that.” Draco smirked. “So we are eating together right?”
 
Draco thought for a minute. He didn't know if he really wanted Lullia at the Slytherin table. He shivered at the thought of her eating with Crabbe and Goyle. She might vomit if she saw them eat. Blaise and Zack were fine, and Pansy was a hell no. A major hell no.
 
“Um-Lullia-my friends aren't that-uh-”
 
“Great, I know. Do you think they'll be cruel to me?”
 
“Maybe. Crabbe and Goyle are idiots as ever.”
 
“Nothing's change there,” she muttered. “And the others?”
 
Draco muttered something under his breath. Lullia then nodded. “Okay, I'll just eat with Harry. Hey maybe today we can all each together!”
 
Draco now groaned at that idea. “You're eating with me. I'd rather not eat with Potter.” He just hoped Pansy hadn't heard any of the rumors yet.
 
Lullia peeked inside the Great Hall as Draco stood in the entryway looking back at her with a raised eyebrow. She scanned the Hufflepuff table and saw no sign of John. She then looked at the Gryffindor table not seeing Harry, Ron or Hermione. Fred and George were also gone, but a redheaded girl was sitting at the table.
 
“Lullia?” Draco was now standing by her. “Are you okay? My table isn't that bad.”
 
Lullia looked up at him. “I was making sure that John kid wasn't in there.”
 
Draco glanced over at the Hufflepuff table. Luckily John wasn't there just yet. He then looked over at his table and so far he only saw Blaise and Zack. Which was good. No Crabbe, Goyle, or Pansy.
 
“C'mon Lullia,” he said reaching for her hand. He then stopped and shoved his hands into his pockets. “We'll be fine.”
 
She nodded and they walked into the Great Hall. This time the students barely paid any attention to Draco and Lullia as they walked over to the Slytherin table. Some of the Gryffindor students' recognized Lullia from last night, but then overlooked it and kept eating.
 
Draco then leaned over to Lullia as they neared the Slytherin table. “If I say anything about dragons that means get up and leave.”
 
“Should I even ask why?”
 
“Nope. Just get up and leave.”
 
Lullia simply nodded without asking questions. Blaise looked up and saw them. “Yo Malfoy who's the girl?”
 
“Lullia,” he answered and they sat down: Draco across from Blaise and Lullia across from Zack. “She's eating with us today.”
 
“I'm Blaise. Nice to meet you.”
 
“You too.”
 
Zack, chewing food, nodded at her. “Zack.” He was at least as thin as Draco with soft shaggy brown hair with matching eyes. He had his sleeves rolled up wearing a green and silver bracelet.
 
Lullia nodded back and began to grab food. Blaise then looked between Draco and Lullia.
 
“So Malfoy there's been a lot of rumors going around,” he said. Draco shrugged reaching over and grabbed some bread. “They're basically all about you. Some even involve you and Potter.”
 
Draco looked up from his plate. “Really? What are they about? That stupid girl thing again?”
 
Blaise and Zack nodded. “Yep,” said Zack. “Apparently a teacher called some chick your girlfriend and she keeps sitting next to you. Then something about you and Potter are fighting over her.”
 
Draco glanced between Blaise, Zack, and Lullia. That last part was a little bit too close to home. Lullia continued to eat like nothing was going on. “That all?”
 
“Oh, and if Pansy sees you with another girl she'll rip your balls off,” snorted Blaise. He and Zack then laughed while Draco and Lullia smirked.
 
“Great. That's all I need. Pansy up my ass about some rumors,” he muttered.
 
“Actually,” said Zack leaning towards Draco, “you're entire History of Magic class confirmed that the teacher did say girlfriend and that Marko keeps hitting on her.”
 
Draco looked at Zack unbelievably. Are you fucking serious? was all that he could think. Blaise and Zack then looked at Lullia after Draco's stunned reaction. She looked up at them.
 
“She's a lot prettier than Pansy,” muttered Zack looking over Lullia twice. “And you could probably take on Pansy.”
 
“Yeah, she's ugly and weak,” said Blaise. “So I take it you're a transfer student?”
 
“We're not dating!” hissed Draco pounding his fist on the table.
 
Blaise and Zack looked over at him. “You're a horrible lair,” muttered Zack. Blaise nodded in agreement.
 
Lullia softly smiled as Draco flushed and his knuckles were turning white again. He was glaring at both of them.
 
“Hey Lullia!” She turned to see Ron standing behind her and she smiled up at him. She didn't see Harry or Hermione yet. “Are you not eating lunch with us today?”
 
“Not today Ron. Maybe tomorrow!”
 
“Alright. See ya later!” Blaise and Zack had been questionably staring at Ron as he gave the Slytherin table one final look. He then quickly left before the Slytherin table could eat his heart.
 
When Lullia turned back around she saw that Draco had broken a spoon and Blaise and Zack were looking at her interested. Draco's hand was still surprisingly white even with the broken spoon. She looked between them.
 
“What?”
 
“So you know Weasley too, huh? I take it if I asked you if you know Harry Potter that you'll deny it?”
 
“Of course not!” she exclaimed. “I know him. I ate dinner with him last night.”
 
Draco softly kicked her leg and she glared over at him. Blaise and Zack now looked very interested as they watched them. Zack then broke his gaze from Draco and Lullia who were giving each other death stares and looked up.
 
“Hey here comes more trouble,” he stated.
 
Draco quickly glanced over and saw Pansy marching up to him with Crabbe and Goyle following her. Shit. This isn't going to good, he thought. He looked back at her. “Dragons are coming.”
 
“You kicked me!” she hissed forgetting about the codeword about dragons. “Who cares about dragons!?”
 
“No dragons-”
 
“Malfoy!” snapped Pansy. Lullia jumped while everyone else looked over at her. In fact, almost everyone near Pansy's sharp parrot voice jumped. She stopped in front of him with her hands on her hips. “Who's this slut I hear you're dating, HUH!? Didn't have the balls to tell me that your girlfriend was joining us!”
 
“Maybe you shouldn't believe the rumors you IDIOT!” he snapped back standing up. “I told you I don't-”
 
“Who the hell is that slut sitting next to you!!??” she demanded, yelling. “She's not even a Slytherin!”
 
Now everyone in the Great Hall was watching this scene. All of Slytherin now watched Draco versus Pansy once again. Ravenclaw table stared at Pansy's outburst at someone that she “loved” even though they weren't dating. Gryffindor and Hufflepuff stared unbelievably at the scene. Almost everyone had gone into complete silence slowly eating.
 
“Pansy shut up and GO away!” he snapped and sat back down without thinking.
 
That would've been the end of the argument if Pansy had just left instead it was far from it. Pansy lunged forward with her fist tight brushing pass Draco and into Lullia's cheekbone. Everyone's jaw dropped seeing Pansy punch a new student. Lullia touched her cheek as Zack jumped over the table to stand before her in case Pansy decided to throw another punch. Harry stood up over at the Gryffindor table, stunned. Draco, fuming, stood up and shoved Pansy back towards Crabbe and Goyle. He growled something underneath his breath. Everyone waited for Draco to slap her or something.
 
“YOU STUPID BAST-” yelled Pansy.
 
“PETRIFICUS TOTALUS!” shouted Lullia pointing her wand at Pansy.
 
Her voice stopped and fell backwards onto the ground with a loud bang. She couldn't move as she stared blankly up into the ceiling.
 
“Oh shit,” exclaimed Zack with his mouth opened.
 
Lullia gripped her wand glaring down at Pansy's bounded body, breathing heavily. She grabbed her bag and stormed out of the Great Hall. Everyone watched her leave then back to Draco for his reaction. He glanced over at Gryffindor seeing Harry standing in shock like everyone else. Draco glanced down at Pansy who continued to stare up at the ceiling.
 
“I hate you,” he muttered and went after Lullia. When he got into the hallway looking for her, Lullia had already disappeared.
 
Harry, Ron, and Hermione then ran out of the Great Hall and luckily stopped before hitting Draco. Harry looked in all directions.
 
“Where'd she'd go!?” Harry demanded.
 
Draco ran his hand through his white hair. Flames of red were now spreading to his checks. “God damn it I'm going to kill Pansy,” he hissed.
 
“Can you believe it? Lullia takes a punch on her first day here and stuns someone. God she probably feels horrible,” said Ron.
 
Hermione rolled her eyes at Ron. She then looked at Draco. “I'll go check the girls' bathrooms.”
 
“Thanks Hermione,” said Draco starting down in the opposite direction.
 
The three friends exchanged looks. Draco never called her by her first name before especially with a “thanks” in front of it. Hermione shook it off and nearly ran down the corridor to the nearest bathrooms. Harry and Ron then went in another direction hoping to find her.