Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Decisions ❯ Introductions ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Decisions
Skifever78

Chapter One: Introductions

“I’ll be there in a minute,” the young man chuckled, heading back into the dressing room. The young man’s name was Harry Potter.

It was the World Phoenix Quidditch Tournament – W.P.Q.T. for short – and Harry Potter was the proud captain of the London Wands, one of the best teams since the year 1981 when the former London Wands had won six straight tournaments. The current day London Wands were about to break that record if they could win this tournament.

As the team captain, it was Harry’s responsibility to answer the dressing room phone which was used for emergencies and for tournament managers and such to check-up on the teams. Harry walked across the room, still chuckling on the last remark the keeper had said.

“Hello?” Harry said into the black wall telephone.

“Potter?” asked a low toned, raspy voice.

“Yes.” Harry responded, taken by surprised at the speaker’s voice.
“I have a friend of yours with me – Hermione she says,” the voice said. Harry’s eyes went so wide that you would think that he had no eyelids.
“How could you have here? I was just talking to her on this phone five minutes ago!” Harry said. Although it was against the tournament policy of talking to other people on the phone besides executive people or doctors in case of an emergency, Hermione had gotten through to talk to Harry (She had explained that she told the receptionist that there was an emergency) just so they could chat.

Things were awkward between them at the moment. Harry, being in a relationship with Ginny, couldn’t get his thoughts straight on who he really wanted to be with. Is it possible to like two girls at the same time?

“I caught her right after that.” the speaker said again.
“Put her on the phone then.” Harry said after a long pause.
“No, this isn’t about to turn into your little game – this is mine,” the speaker said “Now, I suppose you want her safe – alive that is. So, in order to make sure she’s safe, you will have to get all the way to the championship round and then throw the match. Understand?”

“Ye- Yes.” Harry said shocked. Then there was a dial tone on the other end.

Could this man be telling the truth? Does he really have Hermione or is he bluffing? Why does he want Harry to throw the match? He couldn’t lose on purpose – not after his teammates had worked so hard just to get into this championship (after their star Chaser, Alex Bolion, had gotten injured five games before the tournament). But he couldn’t let Hermione die, if the blackmailer wasn’t bluffing.

A match to win, so little time and so many decisions.