Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Every Star has a Silver Lining ❯ Quick Note ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Most of this story does not belong to either me or Mally. Instead, Harry's universe belongs the talented JK Rowling, and much of the content of this story, including most of the magic mentioned and some of the other ideas belongs to the amazing Miranda Fairgold. Please see her stories A Second Chance at Life and Changes in a Time of War to find out what really belongs to her, and thank you Miranda for letting us use it.
 
In General: Mally and I own NOTHING. Mally doesn't even own her soul; it was sold to the devil long ago in exchange for some chocolate and pictures of Forest.
 
Okay. Before you begin this story, you should know a couple of things about vampires and elves, two species that are very important in this fan fiction. If you have already read A Second Chance at Life feel free to skip this part.
 
Vampires:
 
Vampires are pretty much immortal. I say pretty much because while they won't die from most of the things humans die from, vampires can be killed/destroyed (do you call it killing and dying when talking about the undead?). Vampires can be killed in three different ways. There's the good old-fashioned drive a stake through their heart (or a sword edged with silver), there's destroying their soul (complicated magic that's really hard to do) or you can simply slice of their head (for best effect use a silver sword). However, vampires are good at fighting back. Really good. Their reflexes are at least twice as fast as any human's (or is it humans'?) and they have amazing stamina. Vampires fight through telepathy and telekinesis. They are incredibly good at mind magic. Basically, vampires are incredibly talented at everything. Obviously, vampires drink blood. Blood from a more powerful vampire is coveted, and from a more powerful elf or mortal. Different vampires have different tastes in blood, but basically the more powerful the person who gave the blood, the better the blood. Vampires have a very strict hierarchy of power. The Grand Master is at the very top. Next comes the Masters for all the continents, country Masters and Masters of cities are the least powerful of the powerful vampires. The more important/influential the city/continent/country, the more important/influential the Master (and yes, it is Master even if it is a girl). Of course, there are some vampires who are outside the system, who for one reason or another aren't Masters but are still feared and respected. There's a lot more about vampires to know, but I don't feel like writing anymore right now. I or Jenna should address the other issues later in the story, or feel free to leave a question in a review.
 
Mally's summary:
 
Vamps are basically walking dead. They are really hard to kill and whatever. You can kill them the Buffy way, a silver and shiny sword or eat their soul. They like power, blood and sex. They are good at everything but not as good as me.
 
Elves:
Take Legolas from Lord of the Rings (the Orlando Bloom version). That's all you need to know about elves for now. They are very different from vampires, with a queen and a king and live in a forest. All of them are hot. There is no such thing as an ugly elf.
 
Mally's summary:
 
All elves are ugly. Only vamps and I are hot. Oooo….and Bella. And they live in little tree houses and have pointy ears.