Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Harry Potter and the Ashes of Hope ❯ Chapter 27: Playing ( Chapter 27 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I do not own Harry Potter and I insist you read the note from Chapter 1
 
Frequency Queen...- Maybe Sirius will, maybe he won't. Harry hasn't said anything yet to me about it. In the meantime as to Fleur....well she and Bill will be brought up later. As to everything else you are pretty much right.
 
As to my other story that you reviewed on of Fairie Mounds and Wild Magic. Melanie Jackson was the one who wrote the idea of goblins taking on human form. Her Wildside series is similar to Hamilton's Anita Blake/Merry Gentry genre. Might be why she hasn't written one for it in ages....but they are quite good and I highly recommend them.
 
For those of you who are curious now about it this is the summary, for that story.
 
There was a secret about the Evans family that no one knew, not even they themselves or Dumbledore later on would see. When Harry turns 17 he is going to find out when he not only inherits his father's legacy... But Lily's as well. Wildside Crossover
 
Evergreen Sceptre...- Possibly he has been, but then again he had also been more restrained. Ministry laws you know. As to training...who knows....And know he will not be classed as a magical creature.
 
Chapter 27
 
Playing
 
Books teach us to read, numbers teach us to add, pencils teach us to write. Those are the basics of school in any age or grade. But what is it that teaches us about life?
 
It is simply our childhood.
 
Isabelle looked at Harry, who was in a wrestling match once again with Alexandre, who was rolling with the youth like a cub once again with herself and Fleur watching. But this time her son and newfound cub had dragged Remus into it with them, and she couldn't help but smile in joy.
 
Not since that day has so much laughter been released in her home. Never has she felt more alive and in the moment.
 
Watching as Harry escapes, there is a playful grin as he tries to evade one more. This time though he was accidentally yanked hard and onto the floor. Banging his knee rather loudly, the youth yelped in pain.
 
About to shout out to be careful, Fleur was startled as Isabelle held her back.
 
“Isabelle?”
 
“Do not interfere, Fleur.” The woman said with a gentle smile.
 
“But...”
 
“Watch...”
 
Turning back to the youth, who was looking irritated at the panicked gaze of Remus asking him if he was all right. Despite his small size, Harry launched himself with a mixture of laughter and vengeance at the culprit of the incident. Tackled by the now 9 year old version of Harry Potter to the ground, Remus is surprised but then returns to wrestling and tickling the youth who was laughing even more now.
 
Alexandre giving a small whine of being left out of the fun finds himself immediately dragged back in by both the young boy and his fellow wolf.
 
Fleur startled by this as she is concerned about what injuries done by a wolf, regardless of whether or not intentional, could do to Harry. Isabelle look at her with a gaze, that speaks volumes.
 
“Harry has told me of his childhood Fleur. No real friends...no one to play with, no one to teach him to fight back on his own with anything else other then words. Even then his words were often curtailed.”
 
“I don't understand....”
 
“Fleur, it is simply play...”
 
“Play?”
 
Giggling softly, Isabelle stares at the young blonde woman with a kindness that Fleur feels warm her heart. “I forget, although you are Veela, you are more human then not. It is the way of the werewolf as well as the Veela to allow children to wrestle and to play for it is not only enjoyment. But it so that the cub can learn to defend him or herself...” Isabelle intoned. “Harry was a cubling once before as he is now. But from what he told me his fellow pride members were not good for him. Every time he would win he would be struck down, for doing simply what was in his nature.”
 
“Fighting back...”
 
“Yes, it is not just in our wolf nature, but the truth can be said about veela and humans can it not?”
 
Thinking back to her friends and to her family all through out her life, what the older woman says simply makes sense. It would explain so much of despite how well he did in the tournament; Harry seemed weaker at fighting in magic and non-magical ways. He was practically a beginner in it compared to her sister Gabrielle who although younger, had better control and mastery of spells and abilities that most other wizards had no trouble with. But Harry did....
 
“Poor Harry....”
 
“Do not let him hear you say that Fleur.” Isabelle said quietly. “Do not give him your pity.”
 
“Isabelle.”
 
“Fleur, all his life he was bullied by those who hated him, or coerced by those who wanted him to something. When they found out his childhood he was pitied, he was babied.” Isabelle stated with a passion of a mother in anger. “He knew that was wrong and tried to tell them he was all right. But, he was not allowed to grow strong.
 
Turning to her friend whose features now resembled those he had during the tournament to a degree. He was battered and a little bruised, but unlike that fateful year when she had met him, he was smiling. It is when Isabelle again, that her words sink in and Fleur finally understands....
 
Call this training for what is to come if you must. But do not pity him. He is learning to fight his own way now. He is learning to use his instinct; he is learning to be strong. So do not pity him. Instead help him...help him grow strong. Allow us to train his body, and with your help we can train his mind as well.”
 
Startled as Isabelle had offered her something she was contemplating doing anyway. Fleur looked at the older woman, who just smiled indulgently. “Harry is a wizard, of which I know. But as much as I believe Remus wishes to teach him, he has things he must learn as an alpha from my son. He can not teach Harry and learn the Way at the same time. You I know were one Harry spoke of to me fondly from past. I believe he would be willing to learn what he does not know from you. Who knows? Perhaps in the process he will grow again?”
 
Finding herself agreeing to what the older woman intoned, Isabelle calls those whom she affectionately now calls her cublings to her. Remus and Alexandre both looking a little put out by that nickname as they were not children by any means, Harry just looked at Isabelle and sank into her embrace as she offered him a gentle hug as she took the time to clean dirt out of a few scratches upon his face.
 
If one was to look now on the five people inside the home, one would think that was a simple and perfect...family.
 
Over the next week of training and much to the delight of all those involved at this moment in Harry's life....
 
Harry would grow again, within the week he would change from a 9 year old...to that of a 14 year old boy.
 
Alexandre in his training of Remus would step strength training for not just the older man, but the youth as well. Teaching him to grown in his body and spirit, Harry unlike his first childhood, would be physically fit and healthy for a youth his age. Where he was only 5'4 foot in the beginning because of how he was treated by the Dursleys in that life. Thanks to the housekeeper and fellow Werewolf Helena who when it came to food was exactly like Molly Weasely, he was healthy and strong at 5'7.
 
His body instead of slim was lean and showing hints now of the muscles that were developing with the encouragement of Alexandre and Remus.

At first it was thought his body would remain identical when it started to grow again as it had it the past. But as his body started to change, Fleur who had started to teach him magic that he had missed in his final year of schooling had come up with a theory that was plausible.
 
Harry, I believe your body changing from before simply because you are being treated with loveand respect. Your body is changing with what you are doing to show what could have been if your family had treated you right....
 
Somehow, Harry found himself agreeing...
 
Still though, as he trained alongside Remus and was taught by Fleur and on occasion Remus, who filled him on something that neither he nor she could understand fully. They were all unaware of what or she would say who was coming....
 
For back home in the Wizarding world, a Portkey was being set up for a woman who needed desperately to protect the wolf that she loved.
 
Tonks was on her way...