Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Harry Potter and the Ashes of Hope ❯ Time Skip ( Chapter 36 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I do not own Harry Potter and please read the rest of the note from Chapter 1
 
Feramore...- Yep no pairing set in stone. Haven't quite decided to be honest, the Harry in my head is being quite stubborn about it.
 
So you like Alexandre huh? I do to.
 
Fanged phoenix...- you never truly forget your first love.
 
Tina...- I thank you
 
Fibinaci...- No if any others come it will be small and mentioned in passing. I am trying to limit new characters so as not to confuse you all to death.
 
Shadow-Ravin...- See above answer to Feramore
 
False reflections...- *giggling.... Isabelle is a werewolf, but she is simply older. She doesn't want change unless she has to. There will be more of Sirius and Nimue later...but they are watching
 
Chapter 36
 
Time Skip.....
 
Time is something that we never have enough or have to little. With the knowledge that Voldemort now knew of Harry's existence, training to defend not only himself, but to also fight back was stepped up. Between Tonks and Alexandre many bases were covered in what would be the next two-three months daily.
 
In this time many things started happening and within the Wizarding world. Attacks began to increase steadily and messages although random, were deliberately being placed at the attacks.
 
All with the intent to taunt and lure out Harry from wherever he was hiding.
 
If no one knew Harry was alive before. These months of hell made sure they did now. So many different reactions started happening all over the UK. To some hope stirred again, having gone into hiding to keep from getting killed for their beliefs, many of the light side had ventured out. Risking capture from those who would kill them....
 
Among them was Neville Longbottom, the other child in reference to the prophecy, he had been targeted after Harry's death for reasons he could not understand. It had taken almost a year's worth of trouble before Dumbledore had explained about the prophecy. About how he almost would have ended up like Harry, except for the fact he was pure-blooded unlike Harry who was like Riddle.
 
A Half-blood....
 
Neville was relieved and ashamed of himself at his reaction nowadays. But it helped that in the time he spent hiding it allowed him time to mourn first over the death of his grandmother to old age. Following shortly thereafter the deaths of his parents....
 
Both had been killed just last month, while in St Mungo's by Bellatrix Black. As she escaped she commented loudly that she had only done it in a pique if fancy.
 
It only further enraged the young man and he had vowed to find some way to kill her.
 
Others like Neville began to step forward. Nothing really holding them back anymore as there only reasons for hiding started to die around them....
 
Wizards, muggles, shifters, and all sorts of living beings were hurting.
 
-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-
 
During this time, Ron Weasely and Hermione Granger continued to search for their lost friend. Now believing he was indeed alive more then ever with each attack, the two had forged on. First attempting to reach Remus, they had been foiled in that retrospect by Dumbledore, who had stated that he had sent the werewolf along with Tonks to try and make contacts on the mainland.
 
When he had asked why.... The two simply stated one name. One whom they felt they needed to see. Needed to find, even if only to have him hate them to rest of their life. They still needed to find Harry to tell him....
 
I'm sorry....
 
Dumbledore said nothing but wished them safe journey. Because for all honesty, he had wished to go with them, to find Harry, to find some measure of peace again as he had once.
 
Minerva, who had watched quietly from a chair in the office, had said nothing. She was there when he doubted the validity of these accusations against her former lion. She was there when evidence kept piling up and her dear friend was further doubting....
 
And as it went on, when he still tried to believe in the end she forced him to see what she thought was the truth. That Harry had committed murder, when in fact he had not. To find he was innocent all along as Albus had thought in the beginning. She had wept for days in pain and regret.
 
She had failed her student....
 
“Minerva....”
 
“Yes Albus?”
 
“Do you think...he will ever forgive us?”
 
The woman remained silent and sad. Her thoughts taking pity on her closest friend, she simply shrugged. “I don't know Albus...I don't know.”
 
-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-
 
France
 
During this time as the world Harry and Remus had left to protect one another as well as help each other grow suffered.
 
They were in flourishing despite the extensive training done to both. With Tonks's aide in training Harry to fight against other wizards alongside Alexandre and his pack helping him with creatures of the night. The young man was indeed growing strong. What was surprising though was that Gabrielle was training alongside him.
 
The two had indeed gotten close and Remus hoped that they continued to get closer as time progressed. Although she had only recently turned 18 to his 23, Gabrielle was good for his battered soul. A kind hearted young woman, she and her sister were becoming his family along with the pride.
 
Everyone was helping Harry to heal. Even Tonks to a degree was for just last week Harry had allowed her to touch him, when she had blasted a cutting hex at him and he couldn't dodge in time.
 
Before when they had started, the only people who could touch him had been anybody but her. When he had asked Harry, why he had allowed he to touch him later on, the young man turned to look at him and stated simply.
 
“For you Remus...”
 
Harry had done it for him, knowing how he felt about Tonks. Remus despite his desire to would have never gotten close to her again, if he had thought it would part him and Harry. He and Moony both agreed they couldn't have that happen. After all he had become their cub.... Smiling in memory at that Harry turns back to the other issue at hand for himself.
 
Alexandre had decided that he and his pack as well as their allies will come and help fight for the Light. After all Isabelle and most of them would kill him if he allowed their Harry to get killed by a madman. The pride adored the youth when he turned into a phoenix and sang for them. Or just plain outright treated them as normal folks...
 
And quite frankly...he wouldn't blame them in the slightest, if they did kill him as a result of his death. He adored the kid to. In fact he saw Harry as a little brother..... But it was on one condition....
 
Remus must take out Greyback....
 
That was easier said then done. Despite his their own queasiness, everyone not shifter unfortunately agreed with what Alexandre's condition. Greyback was Voldemort's strongest ally. Take him out of the equation and in such a way that none of the other shifters can argue. Voldemort will lose over half of his strongest fighters in moments.
 
To help him overcome the challenge of combat, Remus under Alexandre's express orders was working with Henri and Jacqueline, his Betas in the pride and his mother's guards. Both alphas in their own right, they agreed with Alexandre that Remus needed to know ways to do it to satisfy the beasts that were sure to watch.
 
So at the moment, Remus was allowing Moony to take over and the Silver wolf growled in warning out of instinct. It was at the moment two reddish wolves' pounced pounce and the fight was on....
 
-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-
 
Watching the events from someplace else, the dark haired man known as Sirius Black grumbled and ranted about the unfairness of it all. Nimue listening to his words with an amused look upon his features daintily dipped a hand into the water to make the images vanish.
 
“DAMNIT! I should be there! Harry! Remus! They need me!”
 
“Then find your way out Sirius Black...I can not help you since I was not the one who put you here.”
 
Glaring at her with irritation, the fae witch simply raised an eyebrow and turned back to the water. Her fingers playing idly in it, it was at that moment that her green eyes widened in pain and heartbreak at the images that passed through her mind.
 
Images that caused her pain....
 
Turning into a phoenix she fled so as not to give what she had seen away to the man beside her.
 
After all it is not good to spread news of death.
 
-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-
 
Runs for the hills....
 
Yeah I hate to do it folks, but Harry is crying right now my head. Someone close to him will die. How soon? I don't know he's rather incoherent at the moment.When I find out you will know....I will be to busy bawling to