Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Harry Potter and the Knights of Slytherin ❯ HP3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Harry Potter and the Knights of
 
Fan-fiction by Bizmarck
 
Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter etc. It's just a fan-fiction, read and enjoy.
 
(Chapter 3)
 
The five young adults sat and enjoyed the pleasant morning meal, Nevil and Luna were as eager to hear about Harry's and Ron's adventures as Hermione was.
Though trying to be quick Luna ate her pancakes daintily, she herself had grown into a rather tall thin woman, slightly taller then Harry, her long thin blond hair accentuating her petite frame. Given the amount of accessories she still carried she usually looked a bit ungainly, though when not acting, or looking, outlandish she was rather pretty in a willowy sort of way. Neville for his part had grown into a strong young man, his chubby frame had dissolved under continued exertions and stress, Neville now had a scar across his forehead from a fight with a Death Eater, and though you could not see it he had a nasty looking burn wound on the left side of his torso. He had continued to excel at fighting, his internal drive to avenge his parents had made him into a powerful determined young man. His appearance now-a-days was a little motley, his clothes were never on properly and he usually had a bit of stubble on his considerably thinner and harder face. One thing was obvious however, he looked physically stronger then Ron, and even Harry had to admit that of the group he was the most dangerous fighter, Neville Longbottom was now a name most feared by all Death Eaters, sometimes even more then Harry's, except by Voldemort himself, who had given the young fighter the permanent burn to his side.
During the course of breakfast Neville and Luna found out about the nightly activities of their friends. Hermione had successfully made contact with Tonks and Lupin, and the two older members of the Order of the Phoenix were now fully informed of the plans for the night to come. She was also able to make the stop by the Weasley twins shop, organising for the items they would need.
“So where are they?” asked Neville, about the magical items.
“I couldn't bring them with me, they'll be dropped off at about lunch.” replied Hermione
Harry and Ron told of their exploits, it had been one of the scariest experiences of either of their lives. After so many years with their wands constantly by their sides, it had been painful indeed to part with them upon their final approach to their destination. Harry had thought nothing of it at first though had to fight down serious anxiety and the feeling of being totally exposed as he and Ron hid their wands amongst the undergrowth. They had continuing on with only muggle revolvers and short sword to defend themselves against the monsters in Voldemorts service. Harry suddenly had a whole new respect for the few muggles in history that had taken on and defeated various evil wizards and witches throughout the ages. Of all of Harry's and Ron's adventures, this one had tested their maturity as Wizards the most, and this without any use of magic at all. Voldemort had cast a powerful detection spell around the old ruins where Ron and Harry were headed, the spell was specific in detecting magical items and specifically wands. The two had only been able to cast on each other the most simple of physical charms without fear of detection; both were well camouflaged, omitted no odour and moved almost silently, considering however that they would have to head past werewolves and dementors, these were the bare minimum of precautions.
The way in had been easy enough, the two placing the concealed object in one of the half crumbling towers. From then on however they had had narrow escapes from a domentor while still in the ruins, both showing the height of composure so as shield their minds. Finally slipping past, the two had dashed back into the forest, only to come across a lone werewolf, transformed into its animal form. Ron's usual clumsiness had luckily not eventuated and he and Harry had been able to remain undetected, even though the nightmarish creature had come only meters away from the two cowering figures, swords drawn under their cloaks in final preparedness. They had had to wait 30 minutes before the coast was clear. Finally clearing the area of the protective field both were very grateful to have their wands back and be out of the retched interior of the forest, Voldemort, as usual, had picked a charming location for his sinister activities.
The others listened intently to Harry and Ron, though they had all been through many similar situations in regard to danger non-had ever been without a wand, this novelty alone had them hanging out for every detail.
Dumbledore had been correct, Voldemorts hatred and arrogance had blinded him to a major danger, the darks lord detest for Muggles simply did not allow him to classify them as a threat. Harry smirked for a second as he thought of the great lords last altercation with a Muggle, but even that had not been enough to open his eyes. Voldemorts defences were prepared for anything, accept muggles, and for this he was going to pay.
 
After breakfast Neville and Luna went off to keep watch over the ruins from a hill nearby hill, a pair of binoculars and a simple telescope as well as magic detection spells were easily enough to keep well abreast of the situation around the ruins. Pigwidgion accompanied the two, ready to deliver any information that may require action.
Harry and Ron helped Hermione clean up, they were just putting away the last of the items when the fatigue of having been up the early hours of the morning caught up with them.
“Ahhhhhrrrrgh” yawned Ron loudly.
“Ron.” stated Hermione, causing the young man to quickly put his hand in front of his mouth.
“It's a bit like that” offered Harry stifling his own yawn.
“Is there anything else we need to do?” asked Ron to his companions in general. Hermione shrugged, Harry stretched.
“No, there's nothing else we can do, I'll wait for Hadwig, you two go and get some rest.” said Harry jumping up to sit on the counter. Ron moved over and put is arm around Hermione.
“You want to go outside? It's a lovely day.” he asked. Hermione gave him a hug.
“That sounds lovely” she replied smiling up at him, Ron gave her arm a rub.
“Try to get some rest Harry.” The redhead said to his friend, letting his arm drop to grab Hermione's hand, he turned to head to the still open door. Hermione stopped him however just before they went through the door.
“Oh Harry” she said innocently “Do keep an eye open for the courier from the Weasly twins, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.” she finished, over innocently.
“Why?” asked Harry, his interest tweaked.
“You'll find out” she answered, then turned to leave with Ron, Crookshanks following his master out of the door.
Harry sat there for a second, trying to think of what it could be. Deciding it was too lovely a day to be thinking inside he slowly made is way into the fresh air, looking around he spotted an old ladder that led to the lower thatched roof, climbing up he found that he had a great vantage point of the likely approaches of the courier to the abandoned cottage, over to his right he could see Ron and Hermione walking hand in hand through the field towards a small rise, populated by a single large oak, Hermione's big ginger cat bounding off ahead, uncharacteristically.
Harry smiled thinking of his two friends, lying down on the soft warm thatch he closed his eyes, his mind slowly contemplating the meaning of Hermione's words. His mind's drifting however soon found its way back to darker matters, as it usually did when Harry was left alone, Harry's smile faded as the thought about the other thing he was waiting for, a message carried by his snow owl Hadwig. This message contained information on one of Harry's most despised topics, Severus Snape, Harry frowned at the thought of the man, there appeared to be no end to the torment that this man would put Harry through. The young wizards face contorted as emotions started to swell through him “damn him” whispered Harry. While Voldemort had remained a clear object of Harry's purpose he had also remained relatively distant and clear, he was evil, and had to be stopped, simple. Snape on the other hand had tormented Harry on a much more personal level, Harry having witnessed such apparent acts of brazen hatred and selfishness from them man the mere mention of his name had made Harry furious. And now, the worst act of the man of all, to place the slightest doubt in Harry's mind, of his overall hatred of this man he despised, this niggling doubt that tormented Harry and clouded his judgement.
“Damn you Dumbledore” muttered Harry, so angry with his situation in general he didn't even register this blaspheme against the man he loved like a father, why could he not have told him, what was it that made him so sure of Sanpe's true intentions. His absolute faith in Dumbledore's judgement shaken to the core by this unfathomable logic. Harry cleared his mind, determined to go over the memory of his last encounter with Snape with a clear mind, unclouded by emotion to try and find an answer to his torment.
 
Harry remembered back to only 1 week ago, at the national museum of England, in London.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
1