Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Harry Potter and The Slytherin Stranger ❯ First Steps ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Sorry for the late update! Here's the next chapter!

Disclaimer- I do NOT own Harry Potter

Chapter 5- First Steps


Time at Hogwarts flew by quickly. Before anyone knew it, it was the first quidditch match of the season, Slytherin vs. Gryffindor. Gryffindor won by a score of 175 to 150.

Now, it’s Christmas. Everyone's favorite time of year. Most of the students leave for the holidays, a big Christmas dinner in the Great Hall for those who didn't go home, and Mary's first Christmas that she wasn't locked in the basement for.
"You're going to have to be faster than that, Harry!" Mary yelled as she passed her brother on her broomstick heading for Hagrid's Hut. "Not on your life Annie!"
"Remind me again why you call her 'Annie'?" Ron asked. He ran next to Harry, trying to keep up. "Cause her middle name's Anne." Mary got to Hagrid's hut and turned around. Harry, Ron, Hermione, Malfoy, and Ashleigh were still in the middle of the field. "Pick up the pace Jimmy!"
“Who the heck is Jimmy?” Hermione asked. “Me,” Harry said. He started to slow down as he came closer to the hut.
“Annie, give us a break,” Harry said gasping for breath. “You’re on a broom.” Mary looked at the ground and shook her head. “Not by choice,” she whispered.
The six of them walked or flew into Hagrid’s hut to find it all decorated for Christmas. There was a small, about 2ft. tall Christmas tree with tiny pumpkins hanging from the branches, six little presents in one corner, and a chocolate cake on the table.
“Happy Christmas Hagrid!” Mary exclaimed as she put a small present in Hagrid’s hand. “Oh thank yer. An’ ‘Appy Christmas to yer to Mary.” Mary flew into the hut and Hagrid turned to the others. “Come on y’all! Get in afore ye catch a cold!” The others scurried into the warm house and took off their outer cloaks. “Happy Christmas Hagrid!” they all chorused.
“Happy Christmas everyone! Glad yer could make it!” Harry helped Mary get off her broomstick, and sat her in a chair at the table.
Hagrid began scurrying around the hut making tea and getting plates out. Everyone helped him out. After a few minutes, Harry looked at Mary who was leaning back on her chair with her arms crossed.

“Mary?”
“I hate being like this.”
“Being like what?”
“Crippled, gimp, having to sit here and do nothing.”
“It’s not your fault your like this Annie.”
“Yes it is. I’m the one who got sick that morning.”
“Don’t even think like that! You were 10 years old!”

Mary shook her head, and leaned her head on the table. Harry wished he could comfort her, but he wasn’t stupid. He may have dealt with the Dursley’s all those years, but it wasn’t even a quarter of what Mary went through.
“Malfoy,” he called pointing at Mary. Malfoy turned around to look at Mary, and frowned. He walked over to her and whispered in her ear. “Just one hour Mary. Just one hour..” (One hour Mary. Just one hour.) Mary looked up at him and smiled.
“Alright y’all here’s yer tea. An’ don’t worry, I didn’t make the cake.” They all laughed and dug into the cake, stuffing their faces.
After everyone finished their fill, Hagrid passed out presents to everyone. Ron got a large box of chocolate frogs, Hermione got the book everyone knew she’d been looking for, for the past month, Ashleigh got a small, black and white kitten that was about 6 weeks old, Malfoy got a picture of when he got into the accident with Buckbeak during his 2nd year, and Harry and Mary both got the same gift. It was a framed picture of them and their parents at Christmas. They were sitting on their parents laps, waving at the camera. “Thanks Hagrid,” Mary said smiling.
“Well, uh, we’ll see you guys at the feast,” Malfoy said breaking the silence. He grabbed Mary’s broom and helped her mount it. “Where are you two going?” Harry asked. “You’ll find out at the feast,” Mary answered, flying out the door.

The feast started 20 minutes ago, and still no sign of Malfoy or Mary. “Where on earth are they?” Ron asked, looking at the door for the 4th time. Harry shrugged his shoulders and continued eating.
“Potter!” Malfoy shouted as he ran towards them. He had a small vial in his hand and sat down next to Harry. “Cut your finger.” “What?” “C’mon Harry cut your finger.” “Why?” “You’ll see.”
Malfoy handed Harry the vial as he took his steak knife and split his finger open. He let the blood drip into the vial, and then gave it back to Malfoy. “Thanks,” Malfoy said. He handed Harry a band-aid and left the Great Hall.
“What was that about?” asked Ashleigh while Harry put the bandage on his finger. Everyone else shrugged their shoulders and continued eating.

“I got it!” Malfoy exclaimed as he ran into Professor Snape’s office. Snape was helping Mary snap a large metal brace on her bad leg with a wide smile on his face. “Good, has the potion started boiling yet?”
Malfoy walked over to the small cauldron, and poured Harry’s blood into it. “Are you sure this will work professor?” “I’m pretty sure Malfoy. The only problem she’s going to have is learning how to walk again.” “Well that’s the least of my worries right now,” she said jumping off the desk.
Mary began to fall to the ground when Malfoy grabbed her forearm to make her stand upright. “Sit back down Mary,” Snape ordered. He put some of the potion in a goblet, and gave it to Mary. Malfoy picked her up, sat her down on the desk, and smiled.
“Remember this Mary,” Snape said. “If you push yourself too much, then we’ll put you right back on the broomstick. Got it?” Mary nodded as her and Malfoy left for the Great Hall.
“Potter,” Snape said when he came up to the Gryffindor table. “Mary has something to tell you.” Harry choked on his pumpkin juice and looked at Snape.
“She’s not pregnant is she?” Snape looked back at him with wide eyes. “What on earth gave you that idea?” Harry shrugged and looked back at the doors.
Standing in the entrance, Malfoy stood next to Mary as she took her first steps like a two-year-old. She slipped a little bit the first time down, but then picked up the pace and jogged into her brothers waiting arms. Harry let go of her, and helped her sit down on the bench between him and Malfoy.
“So this is what you two were working on every night,” Harry said. Mary picked up her goblet and took a sip. “Yeah, what did you think we were doing?” she asked. As Mary took another gulp of juice from her goblet, Harry said, “I thought you were going to tell me you
were pregnant.” (I thought you were going to tell me you were pregnant)
Mary spit the juice she was drinking out of her mouth and looked at her brother. “Mary!” Ron screamed when she spit the juice in his face.
“Harry, how can you even think that way? What am I to you, your sister or a whore?!” While Mary was yelling, Malfoy was gawking at Harry and wrapped his arms around Mary’s waist to pull her into his lap.
“No matter what your head says your
sisters a virgin.” (No matter what your head says, your sister’s a virgin.) Mary turned to look at Malfoy, and elbowed him in the stomach. “Since when are you allowed to announce
my personal life to my brother?” (Since when are you allowed to announce my personal life to my brother?)
“My god, will you guys speak English?” Hermione asked as she took a bite of chicken. “Don’t worry Hermione, we’re going to bed,” Mary said standing up. Malfoy stood up with her, and the two of them walked hand in hand back to the Slytherin Common Room.

When they got to the common room, Mary looked around to see if anyone was there, and exploded in Malfoy’s face.
“Draco I-I can’t believe you told him I was a virgin! It’s none of his damn business!”
“Well what would you rather me say? “How’d you know?’ Mary we don’t even know if your pregnant or not!”
Mary shut her mouth, and sat down on the couch. “You don’t have to yell you know,” she whispered while tears began to form in her eyes. Malfoy sighed and sat on the couch with her.
“Mary listen to me,” he said lifting her into his lap. “Everything’s going to be alright. Okay? If you are pregnant, we’ll just take it one day at a time.
“B-but,” she sobbed, choking on her words. “You-Know-Who can take control of me. If I am pregnant, then what’s going to happen to the baby? And, oh my god what’s Harry going to say?”
“’I told you so’?” Malfoy suggested causing Mary to giggle. “Don’t worry Mary, everything’s going to be alright. If you don’t calm down everything might not, but let’s just take a deep breath, and take everything as it comes.”
When Mary fell asleep, he carefully laid her down, and went upstairs to the room him and Mary shared so she couldn’t hurt anyone. He went over to the nightstand and picked up a small device that told him one word:

PREGNANT


That’s the end of another chapter! I’ll update soon!
Ja Ne!