Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Harry Potter and The Slytherin Stranger ❯ First Message ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 6- First Message
 
 
“Mary, are you alright?” Malfoy asked knocking on the door to the girl's lavatry. “Yeah, just give me a minute,” she called wrenching in the toilet again.
At this point, it was about a month after Christmas. Malfoy and Mary had gone to Dumbledore and Snape, but nobody else. They both seemed to understand, and gave the young couple a lot of moral support. Now, the only thing left to do was tell Harry he was going to be an uncle.
“Hey Malfoy, whatcha up to?” Harry asked when him and his girlfriend, a 5th year Gryffindor, Megan turned the corner. “Not much. You guys making out in the Shrieking Shack again?”
Megan's bright brown eyes widened as she blushed about 10 shades of red. Harry tightened his grip on her waist, while his other hand fiddled with her hair. “None of your business. I don't ask you about what you and Mary do so don't ask me.” Malfoy tried to keep a straight face.
“Where is Mary anyway?” Megan asked looking down the corridor. “In there,” Malfoy said pointing to the girl's lavatry. “Throwing up again?” Harry asked. Malfoy nodded.
Megan let go of Harry and walked into the lavatry to find Mary. There had to be something going on. Since she had come back from Christmas break, she and Hermione had caught her running to the bathroom 2 or 3 times a day to start vomiting. Then when they'd follow her, she'd start to yell through clenched teeth about if it got any worse; Malfoy would loose his precious “tool”.
“Annie, you in here?” Megan asked. “I'll be out in a minute!” she snapped. Megan widened her eyes at Mary's sudden outburst. `That's it. She's either pregnant or PMSing.'
“Mary what's going on?” she asked when Mary walked out of the stall holding her stomach. “Nothing,” she lied. “Oh come on Mary! On how you've been acting these lat few weeks, you're either pregnant or high!”
“Mary stopped dead in her tracks and turned towards Megan. “What on earth gave you that idea?” Megan looked into Mary's eyes and saw it written all over her face.
“Oh my god. You're pregnant aren't you?” she asked with her mouth open. “No, of course not!” she answered way too quickly. “Yes you are it's written all over your face!”
Mary hung her head in defeat and leaned against the sink. “Megs, please promise me you won't tell Harry.” “You expect me to keep this from Harry? Mary, that's as impossible as telling the ministry that You-Know-Who never killed anyone! He's my boyfriend for crying out loud! Plus, he's going to find out sooner or later.”
Mary let out a long sigh, and headed for the door. “I'll tell him when I'm ready to tell him. So until then, keep your mouth shut.” She swung the door open quickly, and had Harry's elbow hit her right in the stomach.
“Oops. Sorry Annie,” Harry said when Mary's stomach came in contact with his elbow. “No problem Jimmy,” she gasped. Malfoy was at her side in an instant, leading her down the corridor.
“I wonder what's going on with those two,” he said out loud to himself. “I'm not sure. What time is it?” Megan asked coming out of the lavatry. “12:30,” Harry said looking at his watch. “We've got an hour and a half before we have to deal with Umbridge. What do you say, 3rd floor corridor, or pumpkin patch?”
Megan thought about it for a moment. “Neither.” Harry looked at her with his eye brow raised. “How about the room on the second floor where Dumbledore stashed the mirror of Eriosed?” A smile crossed Harry's face as he put his arm around Megan and turned around to head through the corridors to the second floor.
“Are you alright?” Malfoy asked when Harry and Megan turned the corner. He put his hand on her stomach and looked up at her with worried eyes. “Yeah, I'm sure as long as he doesn't do that again.” Malfoy let out the breath he didn't know he was holding in, and hugged Mary.
“Come on,” he said as he scooped Mary into his arms, bridal style, and headed to the Slytherin Common Room. “Draco! Put me down! I can walk!” Malfoy shook his head and continued down the corridor.
The portrait that stood as a door to the common room came to life and asked Malfoy for the password. “Mud blood demolish,” he said as the portrait swung open. Some students were scattered in the common room either making out or doing homework.
“Draco put me down!” she said tiredly swatting his shoulder. He laid her carefully on the bed and sat next to her.
“Go to sleep Mary. I'll wake you before class starts.” His voice was soft yet demanding. ï—ï¨ï¯ δï©ï¥δ ï¡ï®δ ï¬ï¥ï¦ï´ ï¹ï¯ïµ ï¢ï¯σσ
(Who died and left you boss?) “Snape. He told me to make sure you slept when you were tired, or else you were going right back on a broomstick.”
Mary's eyes widened at what Malfoy said, and closed her eyes. The last thing she wanted was to be stuck on a broomstick again.
Malfoy smiled and kissed Mary's forehead. As he walked out of the room to let her rest, he mumbled, “I should use that threat more often.”
 
“Megan, what did you and Mary talk about in the lavatry?” Harry asked. Megan's eyes widened at the question, and she laid her head on Mary's shoulder. “Nothing really,” she lied. “Just girl talk.” “She just seems
to be acting strange lately. It's starting to worry me.” She bit her lip and looked up at her oblivious boyfriend. “Don't worry, she's probably just PMSing. It's normal.”
Harry shrugged his shoulders and kissed Megan's forehead. “I got to go. I promised Hagrid I'd go help him prepare for his next class,” he said getting off the couch. “I'll go with you. I've got nothing better to do.”
Before they got halfway out the common room, an owl flew through the window and landed on a table. It squawked at Harry and showed him his leg. Harry walked over to the owl and took the parchment from it. He read it to himself and his eyebrows burrowed in confusion.
 
There once was a boy named Harry
Who found his twin sister Mary
Both parentless without a gift
But now something worse is adrift.
 
At day and light she has a spirit
At night I'm able to cast down and spear it
For now she's safe in this magical world
Until the arrival of the baby girl
 
On the night you celebrate love, not hate
She'll be gone before you can cut the cake.
On this day, you may want to give into the fight
Before she's forever gone from your sight
 
If you don't understand, here's my moral:
On the night of love, not hate
She'll be herself until the clock strikes eight
At this point, when you hear the fiddle,
Your sister will belong to the one and only Tom Riddle
 
 
 
“Where's Malfoy?” Megan asked, reading the letter over Harry's shoulder. “My guess is either the Slytherin Common Room, or Snape's office.” Megan turned around and ran through the portal to go to Snape's office.
“Malfoy!” Harry yelled running into Snape's office.
 
Before Harry interrupted them, Malfoy and Snape were looking over some blueprints for the house the young couple were going to live in.
“Have you two decided what color you're going to paint the babe's room?” Snape asked. “I think it depends on what it is. Actually, while I'm thinking about it, what are w-.”
That was all he got out before Harry and Megan burst through the door. Malfoy and Snape scattered lesson plans on top of the blueprints as Harry came closer. “What's up Potter?” Malfoy asked trying to look casual. “Read this and find out what's up.”
Malfoy and Snape read the paper, and their eyes widened. “Where did you get this?” Snape asked. “An owl dropped it off in the dormitory,” Megan said.
“Where's Mary?” Harry asked after a few minutes of silence. “In the dormitory sleeping,” Malfoy said with his gaze still on the paper. Harry looked down at his watch. He had 10 minutes until he had to get to Hagrid's.
“Professor, what is `the night of love, not hate'?” Snape was looking at the paper. “Valentine's Day Harry.”
“Uh, Harry, weren't you suppose to help Hagrid out before class starts today?” Malfoy asked. Harry nodded as Megan and him left the classroom.
“I've got to talk to Mary,” Malfoy said as he folded the paper neatly and put it in his pocket. “Oh and Professor,” he started as he headed out the door. “Yes?” Snape asked.
“You better make it pink.”
 
“Mary, Mary wake up,” Draco whispered as he shook her shoulder carefully. She moaned a little and rolled over. “Come on baby I need to talk to you.”
Mary opened her eyes slowly as Malfoy helped her sit up. “What do you want?” Malfoy gave her the letter and read it slowly.
Her eyes widened by the time she finished, and then swelled up with tears. She ripped the letter into a few large pieces, and started having a fit, screaming “No! No! No!”
Malfoy grabbed her arms and held her against his chest, trying to calm her down. “Mary, it's okay.” “No! I can't! I won't loose my baby to this bastard!”
“Shh…” Malfoy whispered as he rubbed small circles on her back trying to soothe her. “It's okay, we won't loose the baby. I have an idea.”
He let go of her and took his wand out of his pocket. He took her into his arms again, and put her back to his chest. “What are you doing?” she asked. “Just trust me,” he answered. He carefully lifted her shirt away from her stomach and pointed his wand at the slight bulge. He said a small, quick spell under his breath as a green mist slowly came out of his wand and was absorbed into Mary's stomach.
Mary touched her stomach and looked up at Malfoy. “What did you do?” she asked. He put her shirt back down over her stomach and kissed her forehead. “I put a barrier around the baby. Now no one will be able to hurt her until she's born.”
“She?” Malfoy smiled and laid down with Mary on the bed. “Remember the poem? `Until the arrival of the baby girl.' Mary, we're going to have a daughter.” A wide smile spread across Mary's face as she buried her face in Malfoy's shoulder, laughing. He hugged her close and said, “So what do you want to name her?” Mary closed her eyes and whispered two words before going to dream world.
 
“Crystal Rose.”