Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Hermione in Wonderland Revisited ❯ Down the Rabbit Hole ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

 
 
Hermione in Wonderland: Revisited
 
Disclaimer: None of it's owned by me. It's owned by J K Rowling and Lewis Carroll respectively
 
 
Down the Rabbit Hole
 
Hermione Granger wasn't an especially selfish girl. All she really wanted was good friends and the respect and honor she worked so hard to deserve, so it irked her that Professor Snape only labeled her Polyjuice Potion as passable. Not only was the potion perfect, it wasn't the first time she had brewed a perfect potion that went unnoticed. She glanced over at Neville's concoction and grimaced. There were no other cauldrons in the room, including Snape's, which held a potion as perfect as hers.
 
 
Snape glanced at the perturbed girl. “Miss Granger, if you are quite done, please clean up and leave. There is nothing more for you to do here today.”
 
 
Hermione quickly cleaned her cauldron and work area and stormed out of the classroom. She most definitely didn't want to spend any more time than needed in the presence of that awful man. She started up the stairs towards the Gryffindor dorms, grumbling as she went. She was so busy complaining about the unfairness in her life that she didn't notice that Peeves had exploded a water balloon at the top of the stairs. As she stepped up onto the top stair, her foot landed in the puddle left by the water balloon, and she went tumbling backward. Her last conscious thought was that it was a good thing she was going to die, because now she didn't have to worry about being sent to Azkaban for practicing Unforgivables on her Potions Professor.
 
 
 
Hermione woke up with a nasty headache. She was lying on something spongy, which was odd. It didn't feel like a bed of any sort, and it didn't feel like the floor at the bottom of the stairs either. She slowly lifted herself up on one elbow and opened her eyes. The bright light made her head throb more, so she closed them again. Using her hand as a shield, she slowly opened them again, giving them time to adjust to the abnormally bright light.
 
 
'The sun? How did I get outside?' Hermione stood up and proceeded to fall back down as a sharp pain ran through her head. 'Ouch, I must have hit my head pretty hard,' she thought as her hand encountered a large bump on the back of her head.
 
She slowly got to her feet and looked around. She appeared to be in a field somewhere. There were flowers everywhere, and a small hill with what appeared to be a rabbit hole but larger. Hermione was familiar with the lands around Hogwarts, but she couldn't remember ever seeing a field as vast as this one. It appeared to go on forever, and bright red flowers covered every inch of it. Hermione tried to remember the name of the flowers, and concluded they were, indeed, poppies. She looked around, feeling like she should see a sleeping lion or a rusting tin man, but the field was unoccupied except for her and the occasional buzzing bee.
 
 
'I wonder how I got here?' she mused as she surveyed the area. 'It could be Death Eaters, but why would they just leave me here?' Her thoughts were interrupted by a large crashing noise as something came barreling through the flowers, heading in her direction.
 
 
Hermione was getting nervous; while the flowers were only knee high, she couldn't tell what the object was. Try as she might, Hermione could not picture a creature that small that could move through a field of flowers that fast, while making that much noise. Nothing good, anyway - images of ankle biting field rats swirled through her imagination. She reached for her wand and realized it was gone. 'Great,' she thought, 'I must have lost it in the fall down the stairs.' While that fall hadn't killed her, it appeared it was just a short reprieve as she was going to be eaten alive any moment now. Glancing around for anything to use as a weapon, she was started as the creature burst out of the flowers near her. It, however, had better things to worry about than a lone girl in a field of poppies. It hurried past her, heading towards the hole in the hill.
 
 
“This is not happening,” she groaned aloud. Running toward the hill was a mini-Draco, in full Death Eater regalia, looking at a pocket watch.
 
 
“I'm late, oh no, I'm late.... Unforgivables, unforgivables… I'm late, I'm late, I'm late.”
 
Hermione watched the mini-Draco jump through the hole, leaving her with the distinct impression that she had almost had her stories mixed up. 'Well, there's nothing for it now,' she thought, 'I'll have to follow him.' With this thought in mind, Hermione followed Draco down the hole.
 
 
Okay tell me what you think. Reviews are great good or bad. It's a silly story, but hopefully entertaining.