Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Imperfection ❯ Imperfection ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Harry Potter, and I never will, because as far as I know, I'm not related to J.K. Rowling and will not appear in her will.
 
Warning: pre-slash
 
Summary: Observations made in silence are priceless… unless of course, the observations are of this magnitude. Ron's POV, Companion to Perfect Sunrise… read that one first.
 
^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^ ~^~^~^
 
Ron woke up a little late that day; usually he tried to be in the windowsill before the sun even thought of rising. It was a habit he'd taken to in the last few months, after Hermione's death, and the destruction of the Dark Lord.
 
This sunrise; it wouldn't be the same as any of the others, he knew. It would be subtly different, just as every person was. He reveled in the fact that he got to see something that would never happen again in the same way. Normally he watched it from the dorms, but today… today was it. It was the last day, and it was the day he'd finally do it.
 
He got dressed, and made his way to the Astronomy Tower. He'd sat there, in his window, and watched the sunrise for a few weeks, before noticing that someone was doing the same on the Astronomy Tower. He began looking at the figure settled on the edge, and realized it was Malfoy. He'd watched him for awhile, and figured out that this was a ritual for him.
 
Only on this day, their last, did he dare to break his tradition. He'd watched Malfoy, seeing such unguarded joy… he wanted to know why. He didn't know if he'd find out, but he wanted to try.
 
He noticed when he got to the top that Malfoy wasn't paying attention to anything, so he took a seat in another part of the Tower. He heard a quiet sigh, and knew Malfoy nkew someone was there.
 
“You're here every day, aren't you?” It was a gambit, a hope, that maybe he'd get an answer to a question he'd had burning in him for a long time.
 
“Perhaps. Why is it your business?” He knew Malfoy recognized his voice, but the usual bite failed to accompany that comment. He didn't get the answer he wanted, so he decided to give up.
 
“I'm always in the other tower.” He thought that might confuse the blonde, but he heard nothing. “Thought I'd come over here today.”
 
“As long as you're quiet.” The quietness of that voice, the purity it implied, stunned Ron. Then, the sun began to rise in earnest, and he watched it with the same overwhelming, burning fascination he'd had after it all happened.
 
Malfoy seemed to be thinking to, and as soon as the sun had completely cleared the horizon, Malfoy got up and made his way over to the trapdoor, not noticing Ron follow him.
 
“You ruined my perfect sunrise.” The door fell closed silently, leaving Ron staring. The perfect sunrise?