Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Looked Down On ❯ Chapter 1: intro ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Looked down on
Intro

Severus Snape had a problem with keeping his promises, especialy when it concerned his son. Said son, was throwing things into the fire at Spinner's End in a very infuriated manner. The reason for the manner probably being his father's problem with promises.

"I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you..." the boy growled repetedly tossing more things into the fire. The fireplace looked a bit odd as it was full of burning letters, pictures, books, and namely anything within the angry boys grasp. Since the begining of Summer he had been in this foul mood, brooding in the empty house and throwing things that fell into his path across the room.

He hated being lied to, especialy when that lie lead to being stuck in an empty house with no food and no job. Though he had searched for one, employers seemed a bit reluctant to hire a fourteen year old with no experience. He had been searching for a job for the past month, surviving off the food that was already there and with what money he had. He had returned home that summer fearing the worst (which included his house being on fire while dementors and trained professionals searched through it, and ending with him being arrested for no real reason) but found Spinner's End to be as abandoned as usual. The only difference was inside the house, where his father's important posessions had dissapeared.

Stopping his mantra and ritual burning things, the boy stood up and stormed into his room. He had left the secret staircases open and didn't have to bother with the moving bookcases. He stalked up a flight of stairs to the attic where there was only one room, and it was his. The room was small, with the ceiling slanting downward. It's walls had once been white but had turned grey with old age. The room held only a small bed, with a school trunk at the end of it (the boy hadn't bothered to unpack this summer). It also held a small desk underneath a cirular window, wich is where he sat after entering his room.

The boy decided that, whatever deity had enough cruelty to let an angry boy stew in an empty house for a month, was a deity he never wanted to get on the bad side of. Stopping his thoughts however, was a bang on the door and a command. "Open up!" Confused he looked out the window to see a herd of official looking men in wizard's robes...