Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Melody of Oblivion ❯ Memory ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Melody of Oblivion
By Kitsune Yarisha
 
A/N: It's been four years since the defeat of the Dark Lord, and the man-who-lived has just woken from a long coma. He can remember everything aside from some minor people. He knows he's the one who defeated Voldemort but the last thing he can remember from the night of his victory puzzles him. A pale-skinned, blonde haired teenage male running towards him. Who is he? H/D
 
 
Chapter Two: Memory
 
How sweet to remember the trouble that is past! - Greek Proverb
 
--
 
Glancing back at Hermione and Neville, he decided.
 
Turning his back on his friends and that mysterious blonde, he ran off behind Voldemort, the Dark Lord, and preparing himself for the worse.
 
The dark wizard in front of him glided along the ground like a Dementor, or snake, ready to suck the soul out of anything that crossed his path.
 
They reached the graveyard and presently turned on each other.
 
Voldemort sneered and said, “You, Mr. Harry James Potter, shall endure the same fate as your wretched idiotically disappointing parents. Once you're out of the way I will finally be able to rid the world of those filthy, loathsome mudbloods and muggles that stain the Earth with their puny pitiful lives. Then, of course, I will forever reign supreme wizard in all the land!”
 
“World domination? Couldn't you be a bit more original than that, Voldy?” Harry asked smugly, adrenaline surging through his veins.
 
Voldemort shook with anger, and raised his wand.
 
Avada Kedavra!” They shouted at the same time.
 
Harry was blown back against the Marvolo's grave marker by the blast as the two spells collided.
 
Voldemort raised his wand again, unmoved by the force of the blast, and shouted, “Expelliarmus!”
 
The light that surged toward Harry was an unusual bright blue hue.
 
With calm reserve, he called back once more, in great confidence that this would finally all end, “Avada Kedavra!”
 
His own spell spiraled around Voldemort's with amazing speed and hit the Dark Lord straight on.
 
The older wizard fell to the dirt ground, lifeless and unmoving.
 
Hit with the other spell, altered by Voldemort's last cast, Harry felt himself slipping into a sweet forgiving darkness far from reality.
 
“Potter! Dear god. Harry!!”
 
Harry's eyes fluttered at the distressed voice. He forced them open and to gaze upon the blonde pale-skinned man running toward him.
 
The man half-shouted and half-sob, “Harry, hang on! Everything's all right, we've won! It'll all be okay! The Aurors are here! Dear God, Merlin.” The blonde dropped to his knees before him, tears streaming down his flushed cheeks.
 
Harry blinked slowly up at him, green eyes glazed and unfocused.
 
“Harry? It's me! D…”
 
--
 
Harry awoke with a start, his heart pounding and blood roaring and surging in his ears.
 
It had happened again.
 
This was the fifth time he'd had this dream since he'd met with Doctor Snape— the title still sounded so odd to him.
 
However, this time, he had gotten even closer to hearing the name of the beautiful blonde teenager who seemed to know him so well.
 
D… Damien, Devon, Don, Drae, Drake? (That last one sounded familiar to him.)
 
There was, in the back of his mind, a nagging suspicion that someone had already told him the name once before.
 
He shook his head and threw off his duvet, stretching.
 
His muggle phone rang as he trudged past it. Back tracking, he picked up the phone and yawned, “Hello?”
 
“Hey, mate, how are you?” Ron's voice drifted through the receiver and Harry could almost hear the smile in his best friend's voice.
 
Tiredly, he replied, “Fine really, everything is going good.”
 
Ron asked his next question almost apprehensively. “And your scar?”
 
“Inactive, per usual now. Quite hard to get use to, matter of fact.”
 
“Oh, right, well I called to invite you to a Hogwarts reunion!”
 
Harry dropped into a chair. “I'm not sure—“
 
“Come on, mate!” Ron insisted.
 
“Fine,” Harry sighed.
 
“Good. I'll call when I have all the details, mate,” Ron said excitedly.
 
Harry sighed mentally, marveling at the fact that he could barely stand his friend's personality now. “Fine, then. Good-bye, Ron,” he replied. He clicked the phone off and put it back on its hook.
 
He got back up and disappeared into his bathroom.
 
--
 
Weeks had gone by.
 
Harry never left his home as he trained himself physically and mentally to be around people again after four years.
 
He knew they would all look different just as he did, and he knew it would be hard to get use to their new statuses and some may even have given up magic!
 
He bit his thumb thoughtfully. Maybe if he…no, not a good idea. If he told Ron he wouldn't go then Ron would want to know why.
 
He sighed and grabbed his wand and wallet.
 
“Aldon!” He shouted into the main hall.
 
“Yes, sir?” The butler said, appearing beside him in very normal clothing.
 
“We're going into Diagon Alley, okay?”
 
Aldon nodded and off they went.
 
They appeared at their destination by apparating. Wizards and witched took no notice, use to such arrivals and they continued on their way, going around the pair.
 
Aldon flicked his silver bangs from his eyesight and asked as they walked through the town avoiding other people, “Sir, why are we here?”
 
“I've been invited to a reunion, Aldon,” Harry said matter-of-factly. He smiled. “I'll need new cloths since it wouldn't be a very good idea to wear hospital clothing. You're here to help me!”
 
“Allow me to suggest we go in here first, then, sir,” Aldon said, as he placed a hand of his charge's shoulder and gestured to the robe shop that had just opened up for the day.
 
Harry smiled and followed his butler in, and there they ordered some custom-made wizarding robes for the man-who-lived.
 
“How will you be paying for this, sir?” The female cashier asked as her counterpart rushed to pack the robes together and set them on the counter.
 
“We'll pay in cash, my good lady,” Aldon replied cheerfully for Harry, smiling brightly at the lady.
 
Harry grabbed the package as Aldon finished paying and they walked out together.
 
“Oh my goodness, look! It's Harry Potter!” A girl walking by muttered to her friend. The looked fairly young to be out on their own.
 
Harry flinched.
 
It was happening again. He was being recognized. He had thought it would be fine going into public again after so many years. It must be his eyes, so very green…
 
He looked to his butler, but didn't see him nearby. “Aldon? Aldon, where are you?” Harry cried out, surprised he had lost the protective man in the crowd.
 
“Ouf!” A wizard grunted as Harry rounded the corner and bumped into him.
 
“I-I'm sorry. I was looking for someone and I…” Harry stuttered, embarrassed.
 
“Harry?” The stranger asked, sounding breathless.
 
Harry looked up into startled silver eyes. “I'm sorry. Do I know you?” He asked, tilting his head.
 
Familiarity and giddiness flooded his senses. A room filled with strangers, he and his other danced near one another, their dates dresses flowing before them as they caught each other's eye. Emerald-green met silver-blue.
 
He shook off the strange feelings, going around the stranger. “I have to find my friend! Good-bye, sir!” He took off running.
 
A muffled gasp drifted across the wind.
 
Snow crunched loudly beneath the dark-haired boy's feet as he ignored the sound behind him, concentrating on finding his butler.
 
He stopped and shouted up to the heavens, “Aldon!” With an angry huff, he did the only thing he could…he disappeared with a pop, destined for his mansion.
 
--
 
Those startling silver eyes materialized in his mind's eye again.
 
“Who was that man?” Harry mumbled to himself, nibbling on his thumb in thought.
 
Silver eyes and white blond hair were a rare combination in wizarding families.
 
“I never really did quite figure out why you preferred to wear you're glasses over a correction spell.” Snape's voice surfaced in his mind.
 
“I though it was obvious. The glasses and scar were my trademarks!”
 
His own voice startled him. He remembered now. This conversation was two months ago, when he had awoke from his…coma.
 
“Oh, just as Draco's were his white hair and silver gray eyes?”
 
Harry jumped up from his chair. “D-Draco?”
 
It made sense now. He had Hermione lecture him on important wizards and witches just a few days ago.
 
“Now listen, Harry. Mr. Draco Malfoy is one of the richest wizards in the entire world. He was the son of a Death Eater named Lucius Malfoy. He switched to the light side, however, just a year before the war began.”
 
“Why's that?”
 
“His lover…fought on the light side…” she replied, voice sad and strained with emotions Harry couldn't identify. “He...he killed his father and inherited all of his family money after his mother died. He lives a relaxed and normal life, working among the lower status and giving to charity. His most startling features are his silver gray eyes and platinum blond hair.”
 
“He sounds like a really good guy. I wonder why Ron doesn't talk about him. He use to go to our school, right?”
 
His amazing discovery that he had bumped into a very important old classmate of his was cut short as an unmistakable pop echoed through the main hall and living rooms.
 
He shouted, “Aldon!” He spied a black leather wrapped package in his butler's hands as he came in. His worries flew from his mind only to be replaced by curiosity.
 
“Sir? Where did you go? I couldn't find you.” Aldon asked, barraging him with questions as soon as he came into view.
 
Ignoring the problem that had occurred earlier, Harry asked instead, “What's that there, Aldon?”
 
The taller man set down the boxes of casual and formal clothes and shoes on the floor; he then handed his charge the package. “A wizard, a bit taller than you, gave it to me a while after I lost you.”
 
Harry nodded and opened the box. A surprised gasp fell from his lips.
 
Inside the package, a silver box was placed on top of black silk cloth. Inside the box was a necklace.
 
He pulled it out gently, staring at the pure gold trinket.
 
“Oh…a musical locket. Expensive by the looks of it,” Aldon commented, noticing the mystified look on his charge's face.
 
“The man…what did he look like?” Harry asked, opening the locket carefully.
 
Violins and a piano played a love song back to him, writing a story with the musical notes.
 
“Ah, the Melody of Oblivion. A old love sonata composed by one of the older, better Malfoy generations…”
 
Harry's head snapped up. “What did the man look like?” He pressed again, feeling giddy.
 
Aldon blinked. “White blonde hair and silver eyes, casually dressed, well put together, and charmingly attractive. Why?”
 
 
To Be Continued…
 
Notes: Everyone describes Malfoy differently don't they? Um, about the silver to gray to blue thing. Draco has silver eyes in most stories and it's mentioned in J.K.'s books as his father's but Tom Felton (His actor) has blue eyes. For my creative side I decided Draco's eyes were mainly silver but could be flecked with other colors (ex. a dark silver {gray} or blue and gold.)
 
I think this chapter was a major hassle to write. I didn't want the character's to describe things the same, as I was starting to do, but I didn't want to describe anything wrong. I also think because of my writer's block that the end wasn't as well written as it could've been. It's also blatantly transparent. You can almost tell what's going on.
 
Well that's chapter three. I hope it was brilliant and you enjoyed it. Continue reading, please!