Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Midnight Secrets Revealed ❯ CHAPTER 4 - POOR POTIONS MASTER ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

CHAPTER 4 - POOR POTIONS MASTER

 

At approximately 6:30 am Harry reached red and gold common room. Seeing nothing amiss, he headed up the stair to the room where his four roommates were still sleeping. ‘Sleeping. Ah, that sounds like a good idea,’ he thought to himself. He fell asleep the second his head touched his pillow and was rudely awakened less than two hours later by the racket caused by his awakening roommates.

“Harry, hurry up! We need to get to breakfast!” Ron exclaimed, “I don’t want to have to try to get you out of bed like I did last week.”

Harry grimaced at the memory of the cold water that had been dumped on him last week so he would get out of bed. Deciding he would not like a repeat of that experience, he got up and went in search of his robes.

20 minutes and many yawns later, he and Ron were finally heading down to breakfast.

Harry put his usual array of breakfast food on his plate and decided that he would stare and Draco the entire time. ‘After all,’ Harry thought sleepy, ‘there really is not anything more productive to do.’

As Harry stared at Draco, he noticed that Draco was also staring at him. For the entirety of breakfast they continued to stare at each other. They were interrupted only when Dumbledore announced the ending of breakfast. Students began to exit. Realizing that they were going to be late to their classes, they glanced at each other once more and headed of to their respective classes.

When Harry and Draco met in Care of Magical Creatures they made plans to be late for their next class, Potions, so they could kiss in the hallway under the excuse of an argument.

After arriving 5 minutes late for Potions, Snape sent a death glare at Harry but didn’t give them detention or even take points off.

“As you have finally decided to grace this class with your presence, I will now be announcing the pairings for the Amortentia potion making.”

“Blaise Zabini and Ron Weasley”

“Theodore Nott and Dean Thomas”

On and on Snape droned until he came upon Draco and Harry’s names.

“Draco Malfoy and Harry Potter” Snape said then realized who he had paired together and shouted,

“NO! I DO NOT WANT THOSE TOGETHER!”

“Well, too bad, you already said it,” Draco commented

“Hmph.” Snape glared, then went back to announcing the pairings.

After Snape had announced all the pairings and everyone had moved to where their partner was, Snape began an explanation of Amortentia.

“Amortentia is the most powerful love potion in the world. It is recognizable by its distinctive mother-of-pearl sheen and by the fact that its steam rises in characteristic spirals. The potion smells differently to different people according to what attracts them.”

Yada, yada, yada. At last Snape announced that it was time to brew the potion.

“Pick one person to make the potion and one to test it.” Snape instructed, “And please, do try not to blow up anything today.”

“I’ll make the potion so you don’t poison so you don’t poison me, Potter. Is that ok?”

“Sure, but this going to be very embarrassing,” Harry replied

“Not really. Snape neglected to mention the fact that this potion doesn’t work if you are already in love with the giver of the potion. So when you drink it you can either just sit there because it doesn’t work or act like it does. I would prefer that it does because then we wouldn’t fail and you could kiss me.”

“Fine. I can act. But this is still going to be really embarrassing.”

When all the potions were finished, Snape instructed that it was time to test the potions. Harry sighed, gulped his down, then went off to go kiss Draco. The potions seemed to be working with mixed results. Ron was apologizing to Blaise, Pansy was trying to kiss Hermione, stuff like that.

As Harry cornered Draco, Snape screamed. It was rather amusing. Snape started shooting curses when they kissed. And when they shot some back, Snape screamed again. He screamed yet again when Harry and Draco began kissing and when they showed no signs of stopping, he shot them a death glare.

At that point Snape realized that they were not going to stop and turned his glare to the papers he was grading.

 

Author’s note - Yes, I know that Amortentia was done in Potions during sixth year when Slughorn was doing potions but for the sake of this sucky story, can you ignore it? I also could not find a timeable for this, soooooooooo sorry.