Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Something Different ❯ Let's Get This Sorted Out ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Severus' stomach growled loudly as he watched the first years being sorted. He was about to scream if his stomach wasn't fed soon, and Lucius could see this.
"Merlin, Severus. Control your stomach!" He instructed and Severus glared at him.
"I would control it, but I can't." He managed to spit out through gritted teeth, and then something caught his attention. There was a girl about 2 heads taller than the rest of the first years, and she was rather developed for an 11 year old. "Lucius, take a look at that girl!" he exclaimed pointing at her.
"Isn't she a bit old to be a first year?"
"What if she is a first year?"
"Severus, don't be ridiculous…you don't think?"
"Who knows?"
"Oh look, there she goes up to get sorted!"
"Just our luck if she gets put into…"
"SLYTHERIN!" The sorting hat shouted and the girl gingerly walked to the table. A bit of snickering went around the great hall, but it all ceased when food appeared in front of them. As Severus was eating, he couldn't help but stare at the abnormal first year. Lucius noticed his friends gaze and nudged him.
"If you're so interested why don't you go say hello." He suggested and then put some more mashed potatoes on his plate.
"That'd be rude just to go up to her and say 'Oh hello, I thought you looked peculiar' especially when she's eating. Don't you think?" Severus asked and Lucius gave a grunt in agreement while sipping at some pumpkin juice. The two of them ate in silence the rest of the feast, and then they were all led into their common rooms. Lucius let Severus go ahead of him so he could talk to the strange first year. Severus didn't notice and continued walking. The girl Lucius was looking for was walking by herself towards the back of the crowd, and then he walked up to her. At first she didn't noticed him but then he spoke smoothly, "Hello, my name is Lucius."
"Hm? Oh, hello. My name is Fayina." She said blushing as Lucius took her hand and kissed it lightly. She had a prominent accent, but it was easy to comprehend her.
"Where are you from?" he asked politely
"I just come here from Russia." She replied and a smile spread across Lucius' face.
"So you're not a first year?"
"Ha ha! That is looking ridiculous, no?"
"Everyone thought you were."
"Really?"
"Yes, I can introduce you to one of them right now. He'd be my friend, his name is Severus, and he's in the common room right now." Lucius explained and then led her into the dungeon like room. Glancing quickly, Lucius found Severus and whistled for his attention, being sure to make Fayina hidden. The dark haired boy walked over to Lucius with a questioning expression.
"Where did you run off to?" Severus asked sharply.
"Oh nowhere, just thought I'd make some new friends…" Lucius replied a little too casually and Severus caught on.
"You don't mean…" he was cut off when Lucius pulled Fayina (gently) in front of him.
"Fayina, this is Severus. Severus, this is Fayina." Lucius smirked while looking at Severus.
"Pleasure to meet you." Severus said awkwardly putting out a hand, but Fayina just stared at him.
"You thought I was first year?" She asked calmly and Severus went wide eyed. Lucius could barely contain his laughter and when Severus didn't answer, Fayina started to glare at him.
"Severus…I think…s-she asked…you something." Lucius couldn't even make a full sentence without laughing.
"Well, I…erm," Severus stuttered but decided to tell the truth, "Yes, I did think you were a first year." He closed his eyes waiting for yelling but when he opened one eye, all he saw was Fayina staring at him.
"What are you doing?" she asked and Severus face flushed with a light pink. Just then, Lucius decided to join in the awkward conversation.
"So, how about those Irish? Great Quidditch match…I heard they might make it to the finals again."