Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Tears Of Life ❯ Sunrise ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Casseil: thank you for the review, I already had the first ten chapters written but I was too lazy to post it up. I hope to you won't end up hating Harry after this story…....hehehe
 
Dear Journal,
 
I'm so happy now. Harry has started to talk to me again; I'm not sure if he knows what really happened that day, he didn't even acknowledge it or offer an apology, but he did offer me some candy. I guess it's his way of saying sorry. I don't mind, as long has we can be friends I will be happy.
 
I really didn't want to get up this morning, I thought I'd be by myself again but when I opened my eyes the first thing I saw this morning was Harry's face. I hadn't seen or heard anything about Harry for the past two weeks. I assumed that he didn't want to be my friend anymore but I was wrong. For the first time in my life I was so happy to know that I was wrong.
 
When I woke up, I noticed that Harry was sitting beside my bed and he was gently playing with my hair. Instead of being afraid I found myself wanting to jump into his arms and never let go but like a true Malfoy I pushed his hand away and demanded to know what he was doing there. The git didn't say a thing, just gave me a smirk. Our roles seem to have swapped somehow but I'm happy that he was there. I didn't realize how much I missed him until I saw him again.
 
For a short period after I woke up he just sat and stared at me, I started to play with my hand because I had become nervous and Harry just laughed at me. When I asked him how he entered the Slytherin dormitories he simply replied that "I have my ways." then dragged me out of bed to watch the sunrise with him.
 
It's times like these that I don't mind all the small annoying things that Harry does. We spent hours just talking and to me it was perfect. Harry has started to share his childhood with me. I'm happy to know that Harry is starting to trust me and it means so much to me, but I would never tell him that.
 
Somehow during our talk I found myself in his arms. I felt so safe and warm; I'm starting to look forward to his touch. At first it frightened me but now I feel comfort from those touches. However, I can't help but be afraid, I remember once when I was young, one of my father's friends used to touch me like Harry at the beginning.
 
He used to help me when I fell down and hurt myself. However, his touch slowly changed, at first he touched me like Harry but then he used to make me sit on his lap and sometimes he liked to tickle me. At first it felt weird but he said it was normal. I believed him; I think he would have any reason to lie. However, once Father found out he told me that those touches were wrong.
 
He informed me that there are some right and wrong touches. Without Father how will I know if Harry is touching me the right way or wrong way? I never really saw Father and Mother touch each other much. It was only at parties that they stood close to one other.
 
Mother was also never really around much, she was always at parties or on holidays. As for Father I remember that he used to hold me and hug me but after the incident with his friend it all stopped. The only time he would touch me after that was to punish me. I still wonder what I did wrong. I never did see him again.
 
Father didn't allow me to be alone with anyone after that. Even at school he told me not to let anyone touch me unless it was a handshake. I never did find out how to tell the different between the right and wrong touches. I don't bloody get it and they no ways I would ask someone to help me now. I'm turning seventeen soon and I don't know a bloody thing about friendships or relationships.
 
I know that Father wanted to protect me from some stuff but I feel as if he's causing me to have more problems then most boys my age. The only thing I can do now is to trust my instinct and at this moment it's telling me to trust Harry. I pray that Harry won't break my trust.
 
As we watched the sunrise, new hopes filled my heart. A new day and a new beginning, I decided to try and made a new friend today. After the sunrise, I somehow found myself in Harry's lap. At first I was frightened but I told myself to trust Harry. I found myself never wanting to let go.
 
Father never took the time to relax or enjoy the beauty of nature. There was so much stuff that I wanted to experience when I was little but was never allowed to. One by one, Harry is making my dreams come true.
 
I hope that we will have more moments like these. I don't think I'm asking for too much, I just want to be by Harry's side.
 
Draco Malfoy