Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Beast You've Made Me . ❯ The Unbreakable Vow . ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Malfoy knocked on Arienettes door various of times until she finally opened it . She was half asleep when she asked “What?”
He stared at her in disgust. “Take the potion . We have to leave.” He ordered and walked away .
“Well good morning to you to.” She yelled as she shut her door. The potion stood there on her side table . She grabbed it and quickly drank it . Helena Black would never marry Malfoy . Arienette knew that , because the potion tasted quiet nice . Arienette stepped away from the mirror and let the potion work it’s magic . Once the tingling feeling was over she knew she had changed . Just one problem . The fitting of her clothes seemed funny and why would Draco Malfoy’s fiancée walk into the Ministry dressed in jeans and a t-shirt ?
Once again she heard a knock . She opened the door .
“You look tremendously better . Did you change your hair style? “
“Cheap shot Malfoy . Even for you.” It was at this moment Arienette wished Ron was present . He would tell her the truth on whether Helena Black was better looking than Arienette Cronus . They did look greatly different . Helena Black was tall and slender . She had dark brown long hair with big dark eyes . As for Arienette Cronus was short . With cut up hair that were various shades of brown .
Malfoy just smiled and handed her a dress .
“ And you bought yourself a pretty dress . After we get your hair done you will be the prettiest girl at the ball Malfoy.”
Malfoy still continued to smile “That was a weak diss . Even for you . It is enchanted . Changes size with the person who wears it . “
She rolled her eyes and slammed the door shut on his face . The dress was plain black with lace on the upper half . It was poofy from the bottom and till the knees . Not her sort of clothing , but she didn’t have a choice . Once changed she walked down stairs where Malfoy was waiting .
Malfoy grabbed hold of his brief case . “Let’s go.” He said and grabbed her hand . Apparating . She never liked it . Her greatest fear was splinching . That is why she much rather preferred the Floo network . When she opened her eyes they were standing in front of a telephone booth . She knew what would happen next . They entered the telephone booth and made a call . Before they knew it they were inside the Ministry Of Magic .
Malfoy stopped . Arienette was busy looking around . Every direction she looked at there was a poster of Umbridge . The new minister of magic . The Wizarding World had surely gone to the dogs .
“Draco” Said a woman . A cold chill went down Arienettes spine . Bellatrix Lestrange .
“Aunt Bella” Malfoy spoke calmly “ I would like you to meet Helena .” Arienette turned to face Bellatrix . A smile slowly formed on Bellatrix’s face . Arienette put up a mask . She could not show Bellatrix that she was frightened .
“Alphard’s daughter ? The traitor?” Bellatrix hissed.
Malfoy slowly stepped forward pushing Arienette behind slightly . “ She ran away from home . She wants to follow the Dark Lord and be loyal to him . “
Bellatrix didn’t look away from Arienette “How can you be sure?”
“Aunt Bellatrix .” His voice was now harsh “ We are engaged . Like I stated she wants to be loyal to the Dark Lord . I am one of the Dark Lords chosen ones . By now you should know my loyalties are only with the Dark Lord along with my intentions . If I say she will be loyal then she will be loyal .”
Bellatrix’s eyes shifted . “Look at you speak . Why can’t you just explain to Cissy this is for the better ? If she just leaves Lucius she would be spared . “
It took a moment before Malfoy replied “ I tried . Unlike me my mothers loyalties lie with her husband .”
Before Bellatrix could say another word Malfoy nodded and smiled “Anyways Aunt Bella I am here on duty.”
He took his leave . Arienette closely followed not looking back even once . Both of them entered the left and he pressed the button . The elevator ride was silent . Malfoy was a good actor . He could not only fool them , but even his own aunt . When they stepped out of the elevator he turned to her .
“Look for room 867.” He whispered .
The room was at the very end of the hall . She opened the door . There was a table and three chairs . One of those chairs was occupied by a girl. As Arienette walked closer she recognized the girl . It was Hermione Granger . Her hair were stuck to her face and long . She was just skin and bones . Her clothes were torn and dirty .
“Hermione .” Arienette whispered . She looked up .
“Whose she , Malfoy?” Her voice was cold .
Malfoy closed the door behind him .
“That Granger is “ He walked closer to Hermione “ Arienette . “
Hermione turned to her . Her face was stricken with surprise . “Prove it “ She whispered .
Arienette sat on the chair in front of her . “ Ron left the forest . His mood was changed when he wore Salazar’s necklace and before the war properly started you two kissed . He asked what would happen to the house elves .”
Hermione sat there looking at Arienette . Arienette couldn’t tell whether she was convinced or not .
“Can you hurry up with the convincing ?” Malfoy asked .
“Listen Hermione am not here to ask you any questions . I need you to be our bonder . We have to make the Unbreakable Vow .”
Hermione leaned forward “What are you doing with Malfoy?’
“ We are searching for The Order .”
“Your going to lead Malfoy straight to the Order?!” Her eyes filled with anger .
“That is why I am asking for you to be our bonder . Hermione . It’s me . “ She thought hard “We used Polyjuice Potion in second year to interrogate Malfoy . You made it .” Her voice lower than a whispered .
A smile formed on Hermione’s mouth . “What are you doing here Arienette? Why aren’t you with the Order?”
“ Padraic gave me the Draught Of The Living Dead .”
Hermione slammed her hand on the desk . “I helped him make it . I had no idea what he was going to use it for .”
“ It is okay . “ She looked at Malfoy who was standing in the corner . “ I need you to be our bonder . Hermione please .” She pleaded .
Hermione turned to look at Malfoy to . He was busy looking through papers . “You do know how dangerous he can be , don’t you? Putting up walls . He is good at that . He can hide his intentions perfectly .”
“ I honestly don’t have a choice .” She couldn’t just run away from him now . And she had seen the new Wizarding World . She wouldn’t survive a second if she walked out in public as Arienette Cronus .
Hermione nodded .
“Finally” Malfoy spoke . He walked towards Arienette . She held out her hand and he took it .
Arienette handed her wand over to Hermione . Hermione held it to their interlocked hands . A golden chain erupted out of the end of the wand and wrapped around their arms .
Arienette looked at his gray eyes “ Do you vow to fight against The Dark Lord in the best of your abilities ?” She needed him to not back out . He hesitated before he spoke .
“I do.” A second chain went round their arms . This time it was a darker gold .
“ Do you vow not to betray me by thought , action or deed ?” . His hand shook . Arienette was convinced he would pull back , but he didn’t . It was after a moment he spoke . His voice lower than a whisper “I do.”
A third golden chain wrapped it self around their arms .
It was his turn . He copied her “ Do you vow not to betray me by thought , action or deed ?” . She nodded then spoke “ I do .”
A thick tongue of fire winded around the linked hands joining all the golden chains together . They slowly let go of each others hands once the chains faded .
Malfoy quickly got a hold of his brief case “We have to go .”
Arienette turned to him . “Can’t we take Hermione with us? We can‘t just leave her here !”
“Well umm let’s see we enter as two and leave as three . The third person being one of the Undesirables that I was interrogating . That won‘t look suspicious whatsoever Cronus .”
“I am not going without her!”
Hermione stepped forward “Malfoy is right . Taking me right now would be just dumb . Not to mention a horrible plan “
Arienette faced Hermione “But but …”
“But nothing . You have to go . Leave . Find the Order “
Before Arienette could reply Malfoy grabbed her by the arm and forced her out of the room . Locking it behind .
“Why did you do that?! I hadn’t even said - “
“I am not supposed to betray you . Leaving you inside there would be betraying . We need to go . “
She took one last look at the door before following him . When did she start following Malfoy ?
Draco Malfoy was trying to rush out of the ministry as fast as he could while maintaining a steady pace . Arienette silently followed him until something caught her eye . A poster covering half of the wall with Malfoy’s face hung near the exit of the Ministry . It was honouring him for his loyalty towards the new Ministry . Underneath the poster there was a listing of the things he had done for the Ministry .
As Malfoy approached the door he realized he had left Arienette behind . He turned to search for her . She stood there frozen in front of the poster .
“This isn’t going to be easy” he thought as he walked over to her .
“Ready to leave?” He asked coolly ready for what was coming next .
She turned to face him . “Sure” she smiled and headed for the door .
“Not now Arienette . Your at the Ministry surrounded by Death Eaters . Reach home .” she told herself as she walked away . *