Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Elementals ❯ Prolouge ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Summary: Three girls. Three guys. A lesson to be learned by each. Will Draco be able to see the light, and actually experience what it is to love? Will Professor Lupin be able to push aside his fear of destroying the one thing, the one person, he loves the most? And despite his uncured healing past, will Harry be able to choose between the path of immortality, the path of a vampire, or...the path of regret? All three of them are about to get a rude wake up call, by three of Dumbledore's old students. They're about to experience a chance, of a lifetime.
Disclaimer: I don't own Harry Potter.
 
A/N: The setting of my story takes place after Harry's discovery of the Order (aka: The Order of the Phoenix), and he is now in his 7th year, at the age of 17.
 
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- ----
 
THE ELEMENTALS
 
Prologue
 
By: badgirl-250
 
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------
Aunt Petunia and Uncle Vernon-
I've gone back to Hogwarts, and this time I won't be needing for you to pick me up. This is goodbye...forever.
 
-Harry
 
Once satisfied with the letter, Harry dropped the piece of parchment upon his bed, and he stored his writing materials back into his trunk. He had never thought that leaving the Dursley's would ever be this fulfilling. Placing the lock of his trunk firmly in place, Harry tossed his items upon his bed; being extremely careful in placing Hedwig and her cage.
 
'So...this is the last breathing moment that I will ever step into the depths of this house again.' Harry thought.
 
Long back Dumbledore had promised that once he had entered his 7th year, he would no longer be housing with the Dursleys ever again. Instead, he would be in care of Sirius and the others. The very thought of seeing his god father again, sent jolts of happiness, throughout his body. He could finally be with people who didn't seem to ignore his very presence.
 
Taking a good long look of what used to be his old room, he opened the side window, and look down into the darkness of the night. He easily spotted a pair of bright neon, yellow eyes, and flashed down a quick smile. Upon this course of action, the eyes turned to a vivid chocolate brown, and their owner made its way to the landing beneath Harry's window.
 
"Evenin' Harry." the voice whispered softly. Once the light of the moon properly hit the figure, Harry could make out the form of one of his old Professors-Professor Lupin.
 
As always, the man was wearing one of his old tattered, tweed suits. His hair was a ruffled mess of burgundy brown locks, and his face was of a soft peach color. There was absolutely no doubt that this was his old teacher.
 
"Hey, Professor Lupin!" Harry shot back in a bright yet soft quiet tone. A deep chuckle erupted from the man below, and Harry grinned from ear to ear.
 
"I didn't know that you would be the one picking me up. How are the others?" Harry inquired.
 
The professor smiled at the young teenager with amusement. "Perhaps we can discuss such matters at a more...appropriate location?"
 
"Oh, right-of course!"
 
Harry's head momentarily disappeared into the protection of his room, before once again appearing, with Hedwig's cage. Quickly, Harry threw down the cage, followed by his trunk. The adult below easily levitated the items to the ground beside him. During this process, the wizard failed to notice the flimsy rope ladder Harry had thrown from his window, and Harry's descending form.
 
When the wizard turned his attention back to Harry, he was quite suprised to see that the young wizard had already made it down. The shock swiftly disappeared from Lupin's face, and he shook his head with amusement. "Like father, like son." Harry simply responded with a grin.
 
"So...how exactly are we going to get back to base?" Harry asked.
 
"Dumbledore suggested for us to use the Knightly Bus, so it would seem more of a...casual notion."
 
"I see..." Harry trailed off into silence.
 
When neither could really think of what to say, they began to walk in somewhat of a comfortable silence to the corner of the street, dragging along Harry's luggage in their wake.
 
"Anyway," Harry said not a moment later. "any news of Dumbledore's new plan?" At this Lupin sighed with what Harry guessed to be frustration. This of course only peaked Harry's interest more.
 
"Dumbledore has suggested that we gather new recruits. With that being said, we have gathered quite an army of...creatures."
 
"What exactly do you mean by creatures?"
 
"You'll see soon enough." Lupin assured.
 
At those words, Harry could tell that there was a lot more to the story than his guide was letting on to.
 
"Professor..." Harry said in a warning tone.
 
Sighing once more, Lupin began to tell the tale. "There are not exactly enough wizards to destroy the Dark Lord, and Dumbledore knows that. So, in order for us to strengthen our groups, Dumbledore has begun treaties with various different groups."
 
"Why do I get the feeling that this has to do with more of a specific group?"
 
"Your hunch is correct. Although I'm sure Dumbledore knows what he is doing, his recent followers are..." Lupin hesitated and turned to Harry to see if he really wanted to hear the rest. In response Harry made a 'go on!' sort of motion. "...a group of veelas. They call themselves the Elementals."
 
"Veelas? Professor, if you don't mind me asking, but what are veelas?" Harry asked.
 
"They're similar to vampires." The older wizard responded.
 
"What's the difference?"
 
"Quite a number of differences."
 
No matter how hard Harry tried, he could not get a straight answer out of his teacher, and the more questions he asked, Harry could tell that the werewolf was avoiding his questions. "Professor!" Harry finally exclaimed exasperated, increasing the level of his voice.
 
"Keep it down Harry!" the werewolf hissed.
 
Remembering of their exact time and place surveyed Harry quickly surveyed his surroundings, in search of eavesdroppers; the werewolf followed in suit. Once he was sure that no one had heard of Harry's outburst, the older wizard tiredly rubbed his face.
 
"Harry, this is neither the time or place. How about we discuss this at base?" the man said, putting emphasize on the word base.
 
Harry sighed in agreement. "Alright. Fair enough, but!"
 
"But what?" the older man moaned.
 
"Could you at least give me some clue as to what or who we're dealing with?"
 
"Harry, to tell you the truth, I don't know any more than you do." The professor admitted.
 
Harry stared at the man with shock. "But professor, I thought Dumbledore let you in on everything?"
 
"Not this time Harry. Not this time."
 
"Are they at all safe?" Harry suddenly questioned.
 
By now both wizards had reached the edge of the street, and the older wizard held up his wand to signal the bus. Not 10 seconds later both magic holders were staring at a huge purple, double decker bus.
 
"Welcome to the Knightly Bus!" one of the male assistants exclaimed.
 
Lupin turned to Harry and said "I'm not sure Harry. I'm not sure."
 
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------
 
THE END-PROLOGUE
 
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------
A/N: Only if I receive up to 5 reviews will I update.
----------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------