Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Fragile ❯ The Fragile ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Ceris: HEY!! Draco, GET BACK HERE WITH MY FIC!!!!

Draco: *blows raspberry as he runs away*

Lucius: BOTH OF YOU STOP IT ….NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ceris and Draco: *whining* Awww…come on Daddy, we're only trying to kill one another. It ain't that bad.

Lucius: If you don't get the fuck away from me I will hurt you. Do you get it?

Ceris: …fine…*walks away muttering about self-appointed fathers being complete bastards*

Draco: …you…you…*starts to sniffle* I HATE YOU!!!!!! *runs away crying*

Lucius: *sighs* now…back to our regularly scheduled fic.

Disclaimer: Don't own it….but I do own the plot and if I find out someone's been using it…..*snarls* pain. Think lots and lots of pain.

+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+

The Fragile

One-Shot Fic

By: Shi Tsukino

// she shines

in a world full of ugliness

she matters when everything is meaningless //

Harry sighed. Distantly he wondered if he was doing the right thing, but it couldn't be denied. Voldemort, no Tom, would keep killing everything and everyone until he got to Harry. Only when Harry was completely his would he stop.

// fragile

she doesn't see her beauty

she tries to get away //

He sighed yet again and opened the door; knowing only too well that countless Death Eaters were busy groveling before their Lord behind it. Calmly, he stepped through the doorway, knowing that only his extremely altered appearance -something that resulted from the removal of thousands of spells that had been created specifically for the purpose of hiding who and what he was- kept them from attacking him.

He tried to distance himself from the situation, to see and feel what the Death Eaters assembled before him saw and felt.

// sometimes

it's just that nothing seems worth saving

I can't watch her slip away //

A tall youth that moved with the grace of liquid silver -flowing and interchangeable, yet constantly rolling with power. His skin was flawless ivory that gave off the same pale translucent glow that the moon did. Emerald-green eyes focused purely on the figure that sat in the gilded throne in the center of the room -blatantly ignoring the crowd of Death Eaters that he walked through. Those eyes radiated their own light. His pupil's were elongated and thin, shaped curiously similarly to that of a snake's. Around said pupil a brilliant crimson color flashed, giving his eyes the appearance of emerald's stained in blood and fire. On his forehead a black inverted crescent moon glittered and pulsed strangely. The figure wore excessively loose black robes and something rather large was folded beneath them on his back. His black hair -streaked with crimson and emerald-green to off-set his eyes- fell in jagged, yet silky smooth waves to his shoulders.

// I won't let you fall apart //

Harry nodded slightly to himself; proud of his freshly released, and completely natural appearance. His eyes wandered considerably. He smiled -yeah right, more like bared his teeth in an animalistic snarl- when he saw both Lucius and Severus. Severus would soon be repaid for his callous treatment and Lucius…well, Lucius really shouldn't have touched Harry's adopted son like he had, now should he? Won't Lucius be surprised when he finds out that his only son and heir wasn't his anymore?

// she reads the minds of all the people as they pass her by

hoping someone can see

if I could fix myself I'd -but it's to late for me //

He paused in front of the figure in the throne, contemplating his lover's appearance.

Skin whiter than a skull's, yet no longer sickly…no, now it radiated with all the brilliance and beauty of a small super-nova. Livid scarlet eyes -also curiously serpentine- watched Harry with amusement dancing within their depths. Long black hair, falling close to his waist was tied back with an ebony velvet ribbon. The robes he wore were black velvet.

"So you came." The Dark Lord's voice startled all present except Harry. For once it was not high-pitched; indeed it was rather low and husky -it's tones reverberating along their spines. It was not cold nor was it angry; it was soft and rather intrigued.

"I told you I would." Harry's voice, along with his appearance, had changed as well. It was deep and resonant, with such a depth to the tone that it would make even the devil himself quake with fear….Only, while it did make the Death Eaters quake in their boots, the Dark Lord just shivered as pleasant vibrations coursed along his nerves. "You must stop this war. I may be a Fallen, but that doesn't mean that I don't know what the others are planning to do to you to ensure the safety of those they were given to protect. Even now they gather; Fallen, Risen, and Torn (1); all preparing to destroy you. Stop this and they will leave!"

Lord Voldemort raised an imperiously arched eyebrow. "And why, pray tell, would they give up their man-hunt so quickly?" he sneered.

The emerald-green and crimson colored eyes flashed and the protuberance under the back of the robes flared viciously, then folded back again. "They made a grave mistake when they caste me screaming into the Fallen. I've grown Riddle, and none of them -even combined- can take from me what I consider mine. And have no doubts about this -You are mine. But if you do not stop this pointless war, I will kill you myself!"

The Dark Lord stared at Harry before nodding his head. "Very well then." And then he touched his left wrist and muttered something and the Dark Mark vanished from the wrists of every Death Eater. Then he grinned cockily at Harry. "Any other ultimatums?"

Harry grinned. "Nope. Just three matters of unfinished business." He looked pointedly at Lord Voldemort.

The Dark Lord nodded thoughtfully, his gaze flickering to each of his former servants. "Lucius, Severus, stay here. Everyone else, get out! I never want to see any of you sorry excuse for idiots again!!"

Everyone scrambled.

// I won't let you fall apart //

Lord Voldemort turned to Lucius.

Harry released the clasp of his robes, allowing his mid-night black angel-like wings flare forebodingly behind him. He crept up behind his lover and folded the smaller man into his embrace. He rested his chin lovingly on the man's shoulder and glared at Lucius through half-lidded eyes.

"Lucius, Lucius, Lucius. Now really. I would think that you, of all people would avoid pissing me off." With each word, Voldemort's voice grew into the cold, hissing sound that scared the shit out of most wizards -the Death Eaters included.

Lucius shook. "What did I do, my Lord?"

It was Harry who spoke. "You pissed me off, that's what." Harry turned towards the back-door. "Draco, come here, love." Draco came out and sorta edged his way past his father until he was safely cuddled by the two very pissed-off demons.

Harry grinned maniacally at Lucius's confused and slightly panicked look. "I'd like to introduce to you mine and Tom's adopted son, Draconis Marvolo Potter (2)."

Lucius's eyes went wide as he shifted his gaze from Harry to Draco and back again. Harry detached himself from the immediate familial unit he had built to keep himself sane and stalked up to the shocked man.

Everyone seemed to be ignoring Severus, which also suited him just fine.

"You should know better than to fuck with a Serephin's property or clan you dense sadistic asshole. Even as a schoolboy, he was marked as mine -ever sense that day in Madame Malkin's Robe-shop. And to rape a child a Serephin thinks of as it's cub, well, let's just say that that's not the smartest thing you could have done, now is it?"

Severus was staring at Harry; his attempts to hide the odd mixture of awe, horror, and awe (3) that was currently pasted on his face in vain.

Lucius was just staring at Draco.

Harry glanced at Draco -who made a 'get on with it already, I'm tired' motion.

"Bye-bye bastard." Was Lucius Malfoy's farewell into Hell as Harry promptly tore him limb from bloody limb.

// we'll find the perfect place to go where we can run and hide

I'll build a wall and we can keep them on the other side //

Severus was now feeling rather panicked. He started edging his way towards the door -only to find his way blocked by a small crowd -each with silver (representing the Risen), crimson (representing the Torn), or black (representing the Fallen) wings. He looked at the crowd of winged beings -all of whom he could only assume were also Serephins. He looked even closer and nearly had a heart attack.

"James?! Lily?! Sirius?! Remus?! Tonks?! Weasley?! Granger?!"

Harry glanced up from his pile of flesh and bone. "I see you've met the rest of my pack, my clan. Surely you know that Serephin's can't die from any type of magical means and can choose to blood (4) any one they wish to?"

Severus gulped.

// …but they keep waiting… //

He had a sneaking suspicion that there was some important detail that he should be grasping; something that he was missing, but for the life of him, he couldn't figure out what it was.

"I…I…" he stuttered.

Harry walked up to him, eyeing him thoughtfully. He looked at the two Severus had called Lily and James. "Angela, Daemon?" The two glanced at him. "Tell the others that Riddle has stopped his games and that he is mine." The two nodded solicitously and left.

"Now Severus, allow me to introduce your soon-to-be family. The two that left are, in a sense, my parents. In order to survive Tom's attack they traded their memories and their wizarding identities to become pureblood Serephins (5). I am a serephin by birth (6). Sirius and Remus were blooded by my father. Ron and Hermione were blooded by me. Tonks was blooded by her husband." He looked slightly thoughtful. "I offered her refuge with my clan when I knew she meant me and mine no harm. Over there, your god-son Draco Malfoy, or rather Draconis Marvolo Potter, was blooded by both me and Tom."

// …and picking… //

Severus's eyes were growing wider and wider by the second.

Harry sighed and pricked himself. Crimson-violet blood immediately flowed. "You have a choice. Torn, Fallen, or Risen?"

Severus only stared.

"Fine. Fallen it is." Then, using his bloody finger, he drew an inverted crescent moon. "Lupti-no-senai," he whispered. Black wings erupted out of Severus's back and his skin started to glow. His hair thickened and smoothed, silky smooth -no longer greasy looking.

// it's something that I have to do //

Tom and Draco each allowed the invisibility charm they had worked on their…abnormalities to vanish. Black wings erupted from Tom's back, while silver wings erupted from Draco's.

Severus shivered. "Why?" he finally managed to gasp out.

Harry knelt down and touched Severus's cheek sadly. "Because you alone treated me as if I was not special. Because you alone made me realize the world is not black and white and that hero's are not always pure, nor are enemies always evil." He leaned in close and whispered softly so that only Severus to hear. "And because it is the only thing I can give to repay for what my Tom has ordered done to you at the hands of Lucius. Because you didn't blame or hurt Draco for sins of the father."

He leaned back and was immediately swamped in a pile of warm bodies and soft feathers.

Remus and Sirius looked at Severus. Then looked at each other. They both smirked evilly and each glomped one of Severus's arms -Remus holding the left arm and Sirius holding the right. "MINE!" They both shouted and dragged Severus -who was protesting savagely- into the warm mass of bodies.

// I was there, too

before everything else

I was like you //

+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+

So? Good? Bad? Review and tell me…please?

Notes:1) At the beginning of time there was only one type of Serephin. They all had gold wings and they all protected the most powerful of wizards and men. But then a grave discord arose and the mighty race divided. The Risen were named so because of all the Serephin, they were the most fair -their silver wings and pale complexions accenting the natural light that the entire Serephin race gave off. They alone protected the muggles. The Fallen were named so because they were believed by the Risen to be traitors to everything the Serephin once stood for. The Fallen were noted for their dark beauty -black wings, black hair, and exotically colored eyes- and for their belief that they should only interfere with a person's life if said person was in danger of dying from sheer stupidity. The Torn were just that, torn. Their crimson wings and bloodied tears gave them the appearance of bleeding profusely. These Serephin could not decide between one cause or the other and were there-by cursed by both the Fallen and the Risen.

2) When a wizarding-child is adopted, the soon-to-be parents must give the child a new name. By completing the naming ceremony, the child gains both of the soon-to-be parents' natural abilities and bloodlines. The child there-by looses all connections to the former parents except for the appearances that they were born with.

3) Of course Severus would be happy that Lucius was going to be punished. He had suffered too greatly at the hands of Lucius not to be.

4) A Serephin blooding someone is almost the same thing as a Vampire blooding someone. The 'pure-blood' Serephin cuts him/herself and draws a symbol that represents both himself and his power base in his/her own blood on the 'new-born' Serephin's brow. From there, the 'new-born' grows the features and contains both the life-span and the powers of a true Serephin

********Far up in the Heavens, three goddesses -one a copper-haired, lime-green-eyed girl that had an unmistakable air of darkness around her; another a blue-eyed, golden-haired girl that had an air of insanity and purity; and the third a white-haired, blue-eyed girl that seemed a total combination of the two- watched their creation, smiling. The green-eyed one smirked and turned towards the other two. "That's yet another bet you've lost to me, Selene."

The white-haired goddess huffed indignantly. "I did not. Yume lost to you. Really, I must say that you are color blind if you can't even-"

As she continued to rant at her, the green-eyed one turned to Yume. "Some things never change, do they?"

Yume merely smirked and shook her head 'no'.

The green-eyed goddess turned her attention back towards her latest creation. Softly she touched the snow-globe that carefully hid that world's galaxy. "I wish you the best, my winged children."

Then she turned towards the bane of her existence -her conscience (also known as Selene) -and glared.

Yume chuckled. "Really, Shi. Was it Selene or me that lost a bet?"

Shi looked at her, her face a mask of complete innocence. "I have no clue what you're talking about."

"I bet you don't.," she sighed. Yume glanced at the still ranting conscience, then back at her yami: amusement radiating softly in her eyes. "Now then. You were talking about a bet?…"***************