Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Too Smart For Him ❯ Thoughts ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
The upcoming Quidditch match was all that anyone around the castle could talk about, especially Harry, he was always talking right in my ear about snitches and something about the point system possibly being altered, I really wasn’t interested at all. Anyway he had a pile of homework he hadn’t done and was practically begging me to read over it. I am sick of him always being so dependant! He’s my best friend though, and I really don’t mind, I just can’t concentrate on any of my own work let alone his with him chatting away in my ear and especially since all my head is filled with is that light haired pale boy… I’ve never been this stressed out! Not even at the end of year exams (or lack of them…) as well as this year we start preparing for our O.W.L.s. At least I’ve been moved away from Harry in potions, Snape was probably be fed up with him talking all the time, I can concentrate on my own work now rather than his which is better. Although it’s not much better at all, I’m on a much closer desk to Draco now; I can almost smell his aroma and it is completely distracting. He smells of something new and fresh, I’ve really been thinking about making him a love potion… just to see what it would be like if he actually felt something about me. If I was caught I would be in so much trouble, it’s not worth it considering I might be expelled. There was no point anyway, he could never like me… my hair is too frizzy and my teeth are disgusting… Just imagine if he felt the same way about me as I do about him… I’m sure he wouldn’t have me following after him, ready to do all his homework. Hopefully I should get a chance to catch up on all my homework at the Gryffindor – Ravenclaw match next weekend. I’ve already told Harry I couldn’t possibly make it. Draco of course would be supporting Ravenclaw, if he bothers to go, he would give anything to see Gryffindor fail at a match. Despite the fact he hates one of my best friends I can’t help feeling an uplift of emotion whenever I think of him, I feel like I can do anything and succeed. Of course I am the best in the year so that would really happen anyway… If only I could muster the courage to tell him how I feel and to cope with the lifetime of humiliation that would follow.  What about if I got him alone?