Hellsing Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Chaotic Evil ❯ Release ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chaotic Evil
Part 2. Release
By the Jester of Doom

Disclaimer: no characters are mine; I cloned them without asking. All discrepancies between their usual behavior and what is shown here is simply the side effect of trusting Washu to clone something.

AN: telepathic conversation is in pound signs not quotation marks. #Like this.#

Ranma stared after the retreating trucks. After placing Celas into one of the medical vehicles, one of the ones for Hellsing staff only, Alucard had asked him to come to talk to him. “What is it Alucard?”

Alucard smiled at his young charge, not his usual smirk but an actual smile. Actually it had a worse effect on Ranma then the smirk, Alucard smiling was just plain creepy. “I have decided its time for your release Ranma.”

“Huh? Release from what?” Ranma asked confused.

“All people when turned form a connection to the vampire who turned them. It is a way for us to control the new vampires until they are ready to walk the night under their own power. Tonight you showed you had what you needed to be a true No Life King. Besides that you will need to be free of the bond to me for your bond to the female officer to become truly effective.”

“Oh, so what’s this bond thingy exactly?”

“It is a link that will let you read your charges mind with ease even at great distance, let you know where they are, or let you force their compliance if you wish. It also makes them more loyal towards their master.”

“Wait a minute; I tried to attack ya a couple of times after your pranks. How the heck is that loyal?” Ranma asked not really believing what he had said. He certainly didn’t feel like he was being controlled.

“I haven’t had the need to enforce it yet so your loyalty to me has only been that of a friend. You would have acted the same if we were simply friends and I did that.”

“Well I guess that makes sense. So how do ya get rid of it?”

“As soon as a young vampire is strong enough they are offered their masters blood or sometimes fight them for it if they are held too long against their will, loyalty only goes so far after all. Now that you have proven you will drink blood of your own free will, can harness your powers, and are willing to kill when you need to you are ready to become a true vampire.” He held out his arm to Ranma and pulled back his sleeve. “Drink.” He said simply.

Ranma only took a moment to decide, he would rather be free than bound to Alucard even if he didn’t notice any side effects and Alucard wouldn’t be bothered by losing a little blood, he was even encouraging it. Taking hold of Alucard’s arm he sunk his fangs into his flesh and gulped down a mouthful of his blood before releasing his arm. He didn’t feel any different so he decided to ask what exactly had changed. “So is that it? I didn’t feel nothin’.”

Alucard pulled back his arm and took a moment to check Ranma over with his senses, he was still not a true vampire, even the bond between them was still there. “Strange, that didn’t do anything. I had always heard that would release young vampires.”

“Huh, ya mean ya never did this before? What about after you were turned?” Ranma asked.

“I was born a nosferatu; I never needed to be trained by anyone. Maybe I should have tried this with my first student.”

Ranma was surprised at that, he hadn’t seen or heard of another vampire at the Institute. “You have another student? I never saw him anywhere.”

Alucard wasn’t really paying attention to his question; he was too deep in thought about how he could have been wrong, his instincts as a No Life King had also told him that Ranma should have changed. Absently he answered. “That was centuries ago, the fool died before I was even captured by my master’s family. He walked by a church and sneezed the second month after I turned him.”

That had Ranma perplexed, how could sneezing kill an undead. Come to think of it though he hadn’t sneezed once since he had died. Doubting he would like the response he decided to ask anyway. “How the heck could that kill him?”

Alucard smirked as he remembered exactly what had happened to his first student. “One of the priests who worked at the church said ‘god bless you’ and he was gone before he knew what happened. At least he gave the priest a heart attack when he died, it was the most useful thing he ever did.”

That really got Ranma nervous. He made a mental note to NEVER sneeze in public, and to avoid priests if he could help it.

Deciding to get on with what he had called Ranma to him for he decided to skip the breaking of their bond for now, he would just read integrals mind or check one of her books later. “Well this is pointless for now, so let’s move on to your bond with the female officer. There will be a knot of power linking the two of you, it should be quite clear if you search for it. Find it.”

Ranma did as he was told; he tapped into his energy to help him find the knot easier then suddenly lost his grip on his power. A sudden pain flared up in his chest and he fell to the ground clutching at his heart and writhing in pain. He tried to scream in pain but his voice locked up in his throat. Before he knew it the pain overtook him and he was unconscious.

Alucard just watched Ranma with interest, it seemed the young vampire had to use their abilities after drinking their master’s blood, must have been some kind of safeguard to keep them from being released to soon. After triggering the change all of Ranma’s energy had suddenly grown in proportion and increased in density. Since a vampire’s power is mainly situated in the heart the sudden power flux must have caused him to experience a pain along the lines of ten simultaneous heart attacks. Heh, it would have been fun to have used that on his first student.

After Ranma had gone limp Alucard picked him up and headed back to the institute. With the type of shock he had just gone through Alucard expected him to be out until the next night at the earliest.

-----

Ranma groggily sat up and by reflex alone phased through the cover above his bed. He looked over his surroundings and saw he was back in his room, he also noticed two packs of blood on the table. A sight he welcomed having not eaten the night before. Phasing the rest of the way out of his bed he walked to the table to eat.

After biting the top off and drinking the contents of the first pack he was still a little hungry so he decided quickly gulped down the second as well. Afterwards he was surprised to find he was just as hungry as if he hadn’t had the second pack. It wasn’t an extreme hunger just a slight desire for more blood. Deciding to ignore it for now he instead set about finding Alucard.

Grabbing hold of his energy he found it to be slightly thicker and that there was more of it. Not sure of why he figured he would just ask Alucard when he found him. He cast out his energy and found two other sources of vampiric energy, both still asleep. Deciding he would let Celas sleep he woke up Alucard in the way he was so fond of. #WAKE UP!#.

He couldn’t help but smile as he sensed Alucard bolt up and suddenly stop as his head hit the hood of his bed. He had been waiting for the day he would get a chance to do that. #I was wondering how long it would be before that happened.#

#Yeah well it serves ya right. Whatever you did last night hurt like hell.#

#That was your own choice, and now at least your bond to me is gone. You’ll be stronger now that you drank my blood.#

The mention of blood reminded Ranma of his hunger. #That reminds me I drank two packs of blood but it only felt like one, ya got any clue why?#

#The hunger will always be present; it just won’t become bothersome unless you don’t eat for days. The female officer has refused to eat yet by the way.#

#Huh? Why? She’s got to be hungry after being turned right?#

#Read her mind if you want to know, just find your bond to her and focus a small amount of energy onto it like you were reading its mind.#

Ranma did as he was told and found the knot of energy in his heart. Concentrating on it he quickly skimmed her mind of what had happened since he left her on the truck at Cheders because he wasn’t sure when she turned down the blood. In her room Celas’ dreams abruptly changed

The ride in the truck was mostly uneventful she had been mostly left alone because she was already dead and none of the medics had anyone else to care for so they stayed in the front of the truck. She had gotten a strange feeling like a push on her mind that she didn’t recognize but it had disappeared in a moment so she didn’t dwell on it.

The truck came to a stop and she was told to go join the rest of the fighters. Celas climbed out of the truck in a new Hellsing uniform that they had given her. Looking around she saw a man with night vision goggles and a radio headset on waving her over to him. After a brief talk with the man she hurried over to one of the troop transports and grabbed a spare rifle. She then returned to the man she had talked to and he guided her to the roof of a nearby building. She set the gun up, minus the scope, and waited.

A ghoul came out of an ally on the street below and tried to attack a couple who were on the sidewalk opposite the building she was on. She fingered the trigger for a moment but was overcome with memories and couldn’t force herself to shoot. Someone on a nearby building took the shot instead.

Ranma cursed as he finished watching what he had seen. He couldn’t believe Integral had sent Celas out without knowing if she was ready. Even if she had been one of the people after the vampire priest guy she still should have training before combat. She might have been a vampire but she was still a girl. He would have to get back to the problem of not drinking blood too but first he needed to see Integral.

He tuned to look at Alucard who had come to Ranma’s room while he watched Celas’ memories. “I have to go talk to Integral Alucard. You mind getting back to this later?”

“Oh? And what’s so urgent that you must suddenly talk to my master?” Alucard asked. He had not bothered to read Ranma’s mind now that he didn’t have the bond to him, without it he would have to slip a little power around the seal holding him and it seemed pointless to go through all that trouble, Celas was still an open book but it would take more power to read her mind as she grew in strength as well.

“She sent Celas into a fight. She could have gotten hurt, she’s a girl after all.”

Alucard remembered from reading Ranma’s mind just how much he had been taught that girls were weak. “So you’re going to go complain to her about it?” he asked. Ranma just nodded before walking into the wall of his room. Alucard’s smirk grew to proportions that only he could manage. He followed Ranma not wanting to miss that particular exchange.

-----

“Sir!” Ranma said as he barged into Integral’s office through the wall. Alucard walking out behind him.

“What is it Ranma?” Integral asked tiredly looking up from her paperwork.

“I wanna know why ya had Celas fighting with the rest of your troops last night. She could have gotten hurt.”

“She was only acting as perimeter control for the scene and she has been trained as a member of the D-11. She was perfectly safe.”

“That doesn’t matter she still could of gotten hurt. Ya shouldn’t send girls out to fight like that!”

“Are you implying that women are weak Ranma?” Integral asked in a dangerous tone that Ranma paid no attention too.

“Yeah... well but not you of course.” Ranma had seen Integral when she used her gun, she could definitely take care of herself, and he definitely didn’t want to get the lady with the silver bullets angry when he was in firing range. “Tomboys like you don’t have any problem with fighting.”

Alucard burst out into laughter at Ranma’s statement. Integral was stunned that he would call her that “Tomboy?”

“Well ya do dress like a guy and people call you sir…”

Deciding to move on, in other words knowing he had a point, she asked her next question. “And what makes you think women are weak?” she said with a deadly tone.

“Well my pop always told me girls were weak so I should never fight with them.” Ranma said simply.

“Well, your father was wrong.” she said coldly. “For your information Celas has gone through training to become a member of D-11 which most men can not pass.”

“Well yeah but…”

“No buts Mr. Saotome. Gender has nothing to do with weakness.”

“Still…”

Integral cut him off again. ”She will be a part of our operations whether you agree or not. She has had extensive training and will make a valuable addition. If you don’t think she ready then you can train her, but she doesn’t need all the time preparing we gave you in addition to her past training.”

Ranma thought about what she said. She could have been right about girls not being weak; his pop was a big time liar in the first place. Having been through a village full of armed warrior women, and the fact that a large portion of them were stronger than most male fighters he met, didn’t hurt his acceptance of what she said either. They were still way too weak for him to fight but potentially a girl with vampiric powers would be ok in a fight. And if she was just shooting from a long distance it wouldn’t be too bad. Also he had also been planning on teaching Celas how to use her abilities anyway, he hadn’t thought of teaching her to fight but if Integral was going to be stubborn, which she always seemed to be, he might as well teach her that too.

“Fine!” Ranma declared. Alucard looked a little sad that Ranma had given up on the point so easily; at least he had a new name for his master. “I was gonna teach her anyway. But she still ain’t ready for a real fight; she doesn’t even know how to heal herself!”

“She will go on the next mission.” Integral said with a note of finality.

Ranma grumbled as he turned around and walked into the wall and headed back to the basement, he’d be able to keep her safe if he needed so I wasn’t too bad and Integral wasn’t the kind of person who changed her mind. Popping out of the wall in his room he went back to concentrating on the bond he and Celas shared; once again reviewing her memories of the previous night.

He quickly viewed that after laving the sortie she had returned back in a troop transport. Upon arrival Walter had taken her to the room next to his own. After a long period of just lying around she took a walk around the mansion, meeting Integral along the way. Then upon returning she found a packet of blood waiting on the table for her in a box of ice.

Ranma slowed his viewing of her memories so he could take in everything that occurred. As soon as she saw her meal she froze up in surprise, she knew vampires drank blood but she hadn’t expected them to try to feed her it. She was brought back to the real world when she found herself unconsciously licking her lips. Realizing what she was doing she lashed out in anger and knocked the box containing the pack of blood aside, and off the table. Her anger quickly turned to panic; she began to fear for her humanity. She started to think she was becoming a monster, drinking others blood to live. She quickly covered her face with her hands and began to cry.

Ranma stopped watching, he always hated to see a girl cry, feeling her sadness and her crying was worse. It also didn’t help him really to have seen that. He knew she thought drinking blood was something only a monster would do and he knew she was afraid of losing her humanity. He just had no clue why she would feel either of those things. He drank blood and he was just like when he was alive, well without the being dead… or having vampiric powers… or that he was starting to like Alucard’s sense of humor a little… ok so he wasn’t _just_ like before, he shook his head to drive away the thoughts. He knew he was the same person he had been, drinking blood had nothing to do with it, he was sure it was just because he had been around Alucard.

Shrugging he decided to just go grab some blood and offer it to her himself. It was worth a try at least. He hovered into the ceiling and took the most direct route to the fridge containing the medical blood. When he dropped down in the store room Alucard was waiting for him already with a pack of blood. “Did you find the problem?” he asked.

“Yeah, for some reason she thinks she would be less human if she drank blood. I was just gonna go and give her some and tell her it didn’t change me and it won’t change her.” Ranma said as he took the pack Alucard held out to him.

Alucard took on a more serious look than he normally held; he figured it was best to help Ranma with his new charge for now. Currently she was a bit too panicked to be fun and Ranma wasn’t going to be much help settling her down at the moment. “Next time you might try looking into her thoughts more deeply. Since you are one of the first she met she thinks of you as a vampire not as a human. Telling her you were a person will just confuse her. And the reason she thinks it will make her a monster is that all her friends died when they were bitten.”

“If you knew that why’d you make me read her mind!?”

“You needed practice.” Alucard responded while shrugging. “Now you should hurry she is awake.” Ranma tried to look for anything in his advice that would get him in trouble but couldn’t find anything bad about his reasoning so he took the blood packet and slipped back into the ceiling.

He popped back out of the top of Celas’ room and landed just inside the door. He took stock of the room, everything was identical to his except for the naked girl staring at him and trying to cover herself. “Master!” Celas yelled indignantly.

“I… err… I didn’t mean to… I uh. Here!” he panicked and threw the blood onto the table before turning and diving through the wall and into the hall. He landed flat on his face in the hall. Looking up he found himself face to foot with Alucard. “That wasn’t funny!” he yelled.

“What wasn’t?” he asked innocently.

Ranma got up. “You could have warned me she was changing!” he felt Alucard probe his mind for a moment before falling on his back roaring with laughter.

“That was hilarious, how can you say it wasn’t funny!?” he asked as soon as he stopped laughing. “How much energy did you force into her anyway?”

“What are you talking about?”

“She called you master. How much energy did you send through the bond earlier?”

“All I did was read her mind twice. It wasn’t much energy.”

Alucard took a moment to probe his memory again back until he had changed Celas and found he had barely used any energy on towards her. Not satisfied with his findings he skimmed through Celas’ memories and backwards until he found a large burst of power soon after she had been set in the medical truck at Cheders, comparing how long afterwards it was he took a guess. “It seems when you were released the sudden increase of power gave her a bit of a jolt.” He plainly saw concern become apparent on Ranma’s face. “She’ll be fine but more loyal than if you hadn’t used any power on her.”

“Now,” he continued, “as much as I would love to see more of your pitiful attempts at interacting with women I think you already confused the female officer enough today. What do you say to sneaking away while Integral isn’t looking and celebrating you’re becoming a true No Life King and you’re gaining your first student?”

Ranma smiled at the idea. “You know Integral will kill us if we leave.”

Alucard’s trademark sneer appeared in full. “My point exactly.”

“Then what are we waiting for?” Ranma said as he pressed into the wall and flew up inside it to the roof.

-----

Ranma and Alucard were seated at a table in a dark bar for their celebration. Ranma was slightly depressed he had been expecting a night of tricks not going out drinking, he didn’t really approve of drinking due to the way it impaired peoples fighting skills. Both their drinks had just arrived, double portions of vodka. “This Ranma is the only drink that will work on us due to our unique metabolism.” He pulled out packs of medical blood and added it to both of their drinks. Then using a small burst of energy stirred them both. “The ‘Bloody Mary’.” He took a sip of his drink. “Not as good as the original but good enough.”

“What’s the original?” Ranma couldn’t help but ask.

“Find a young maiden and get her to drink vodka until she can’t drink anymore and your drink is done.” Ranma paled a bit, not that it was easy to tell, and Alucard chuckled before continuing. “Some of the more snobbish demand they are named Mary but blood-type is all that really matters. Personally I like A because it’s salty. That’s what this is. Try some.”

Ranma took a small sip of the drink and almost instantly felt a pleasant warmth spread through him. Liking the feeling he took another sip.

-----

Alucard helped Ranma walk out of the bar after he had gotten so drunk he had fallen through his chair and confused everyone who knew they weren’t drunk enough to be hallucinating. He mumbled something about kids nowadays having no alcohol tolerance as he stepped out of the building and a boy walked around a corner, right into him.

The bandana wearing boy quickly apologized “sorry I… RANMA!” he yelled upon seeing the drunken martial artist. “RANMA SAOTOME PREPARE TO DIE!” he jumped forwards to punch his nemesis in the face but was abruptly stopped as Alucard caught him in mid-air with one arm.

“You’re about a month too late for that.” the elder vampire joked. “You’d have a bit of trouble hitting him at the moment anyway. Perhaps you should try later. He’ll be at Hellsing Institute.” It was the truth that at the moment Ranma would be hard to hurt due to the fact he had cloaked himself in his energy instinctually so most attack would just pass right through him. He smirked a bit knowing that the childhood friend from Ranma’s memories was now going to come to Hellsing to kill him; he would need to buy, or take, a camera for this. Having said that he threw Ryoga back several feet and started on his way.

“Get back here!” Ryoga yelled as he got to his feet. Alucard pulled Ranma into an alleyway. Ryoga ran into the alley to catch them but it was just an empty dead-end alley filled with shadows. Silently he cursed Ranma for getting him lost. Then he cursed him loudly just for good measure “RANMA SAOTOME I WILL KILL YOU AT HELLSING INSTITUTION…as soon as I find it.”

-----

AN: that’s it for chapter 2. All C&C is welcome at Jester_of_doom@hotmail.com. The Bloody Mary thing came from “The Afterlife Chronicles” by Meruru, which is a great fic and actually is probably the main reason I wrote this. I already got the go ahead to take it. Hopefully I won’t take so long on the next chapter but it’s been hard finding free time and another idea I had just wont die! I wrote it out a bit to make it stop but it just keeps rampaging through my brain so you might be seeing it soon. Sadly it’s a pokemon SI with Ranma and vandread (maybe) added, luckily though I managed to kill an idea for FLCL/Ranma and Full Metal Panic/Ranma crosses cuz I already have enough stories.

Ryouga btw is probably in this going to be fluent in like every language on earth. After all with his directional sense he probably spends as much time in one country as any other so he’d probably pick stuff up all over the place.

To answer why I have the bond working like I do here it’s because it seems like its just based on loyalty not an actual compulsion. Especially since it seems like Celas became loyal to Alucard very quickly after he started giving her commands. Also Celas does use Alucard’s name at least once while bonded to him I think.