Hellsing Fan Fiction ❯ Gloves and Masks ❯ Remembrance ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

JC: For those who know the original story of “Dracula” know of Jonathan Harker and Mina. What would happen if their love was incorporated during the story and then mixed with Hellsing. Would Alucard remember biting poor Mina? Shall we begin?

Disclaimer: I don't own this awesome anime. Hellsing belongs to the creators!
Chapter 1
Remembrance
 
“Father, who's in that car out there?” a small blonde asked her father. The older man looked out the window and smiled.
“Two old friends and their daughters,” the father answered and put a large hand on her shoulder. “Why don't you go greet them? I believe one is your age,” he suggested and the small girl smiled.
She marched herself down the stairs and looked up as the butler opened the door. In the doorway stood an older man with graying brown hair and next to him was a woman with dark reddish brown hair and kind green eyes. In the woman's arms was a small baby enjoying the bottle it had been given. Next to them were two little girls. One looked about 6 and had hair like her mothers, but rich brown eyes like her father's.
The other little girl looked the same age as the blonde and had dark red curly locks. What surprised most when they met her was this girl had rich amber almost red eyes.
“It's rude to stare Integra,” a voice chided and she looked back at her father.
“Professor Hellsing, good day,” the man at the door said with a friendly smile.
“John, you know to call me by my first name, we've known each other long enough, old friend. Mina, you are looking more beautiful than ever,” Integra's father smiled and gave both friendly hugs. “These must be your daughters.”
“Yes, this is our new arrival, Lucy,” Mina said with a sad smile.
“A perfect name for the child,” Abraham commented.
“The smaller of the two here is Lillith,” John said, pointing to the six-year old that was staring at the odd-looking butler.
“And who is this young lady here?” Hellsing asked, truly interested. She looked so intriguing.
“This is Dramina,” the girls' mother said and looked down at the pale girl. Integra stared at her. The eldest of the daughters wore a blue-colored day dress with long sleeves and black buckled shoes.
“Oh, I'm sorry. This is my daughter, Integra,” said the older man with a smile. Integra executed a perfect curtsy and the two little girls returned it. Little Lillith gave a grin that seemed to be missing a few teeth and Dramina kept her eyes on the ground.
“Well, come, we have much to speak of. Walter, could you show the girls to the study, for some tea of their own while the adults speak of other important matters?” the older Hellsing told him.
The retainer nodded and ushered the girls into the study and retrieved some tea for them. Integra sat on a chaise, facing the other two. Dramina was looking around at the shelves of books and papers. Lillith smiled at Integra.
“Does your da' tell you the stories too?” Lillith asked, breaking the silence.
“Lillith!” Dramina hissed at her sister and the smaller girl cowered a bit, fearing she said something out of hand.
“No, it's alright. I know what she means,” Integra said hurriedly. Since she was smaller her father had told her the stories of the midians and their kind. “He tells them to me.”
“Do you think their real?” Lillith asked, curiosity shone in her eyes. Dramina gave a sound that sounded much like scoffing and got up from her seat to inspect the shelves more thoroughly.
“Yes,” said Integra, going over her lessons in her mind. “Where are you going?” she asked suddenly when she saw Dramina opening the door.
“Mum and dad are talking about something that doesn't involve the normal stuff, I'm going to check it out,” the dark red-haired girl said bluntly and moved out the door.
“She's going to get into trouble, like always,” Lillith said shaking her head. Integra looked to the younger girl to the open door and decided quickly. Hopping off the couch she followed the other ten-year old and down the hall.
“-for much longer,” was the first part of the conversation she heard as she neared Dramina, who leaned against the wall just outside the door, listening intently. She put a finger to her lips, telling Integra to be absolutely silent.
“Abraham, you can't say that, you look as fit as ever,” John's voice told the older man. There was a chuckle of mirth.
“Oh, John, I think I've lived quite a while and I believe our little experience has shortened my line a bit. No, Integra is a mature lady and she will be able to handle the job when it passes to her. Now, tell me of your eldest, you said in your letter that this concerns her,” he changed the subject form his life span.
Integra noted that Dramina perked her ears and narrowed her eyes at the crack in the door. They were here to discuss her. That usually was never a good sign.
“I mentioned in the letter that there was really nothing wrong with her except that she is, um,” Mr. Harker couldn't seem to find the right word.
“Different from normal children her age?” Abraham provided.
“Well, yes,” Mina broke in, “but not in the sense that a parent should not worry. Abraham, her eyes are turning red, her skin is getting paler, and she had lost her appetite for everything but meat, but she does not feel unhealthy or anything,” the distressed mother explained.
“I see, you believe this has something to do with-” he began and Mina flinched.
“Yes. I feel I must tell you that my first daughter was not conceived in our wed-lock,” Harker said, shame evident in his voice.
“Oh don't feel ashamed about that, my dear boy. There are worse things in the world!” the doctor said and with a reassuring smile. He grew serious then when he realized why this was important to know. “Mina, were you bitten when your daughter was in your womb?” he asked bluntly.
There was a heavy silence and both young girls knew that Mina was nodding. The silence continued until there was a heavy sigh.
“I believe your daughter is then slowly turning into that which we tried to kill,” the older Hellsing said heavily.
“Tried? Abraham, you said we had defeated him,” John said, sounding a little put off.
“It seems even I was wrong. Do not give me that look Jonathan, I have things under control where that is concerned. He won't bother you again. Now your daughter. As long as you teach her the values I will give you something that will help you, but you must love her the same no matter her changes,” said the professor.
“I do not love her any less,” Mina said. “She is a beautiful daughter and I will love her no matter what,” was the stated promise.
“Seal yourself to that promise, my dear,” the old Hellsing said, “Now, for the arrangements-” he began.
Integra didn't stick around because she chased after Dramina, who had taken off in a fit of tears. Integra ran after her and called her name when she was far enough away from the parlor their parents were in.
“Dramina, don't go far! Those are the dungeons!” she yelled, and soon the world plunged into a darker scene and she nearly collided with the girl.
“Ooph! Watch it!” the paler girl snapped.
“Sorry, I can't see much!” Integra said in her defense.
“I can,” Dramina muttered and looked up at the door she had stopped in front of. “Where are we?” she asked the young Hellsing.
“We're in the abandoned basement, somewhere near the old dungeon,” Integra supplied. “We shouldn't be here,” she added.
“I know, I can feel it,” Dramina replied and wiped away from stray tears. “Let's head back up.”
“Dramina,” Integra said.
“Yeah, what?” the red-head responded.
“I'll be your friend no matter what your `changes' are,” Integra said with a small smile. Dramina stopped in mid-step and looked to her.
“Really?” She finally asked. Integra nodded and held out her hand to the other girl. Dramina cracked a smile and took her hand and shook it heartily

Over the next three years the two corresponded between letters from England to Ireland. The Harkers lived in Ireland, farther away from England and unsettling memories.

Dear Integra,
Mother and father took me out of school today. I'm to be home-schooled from now on. Lillith and Lucy don't have to leave school. I know why. I've taken to staying inside more often these days. My skin often hurts, but I'm alright for a while.
Dad also gave me gloves to wear. They have a weird insignia on them and I'm not sure, but they looked like they glowed. Mother left the room after I put them on, I saw her crying. I don't know why.
I miss you. I don't really have any friends at school, so I'm not sad about that. I wish we could talk more often, but father is getting ready to hire a tutor. The strange part is that he'
s hiring another. I heard them talking (I'm getting better at that) about a special teacher for people like me. This sounds thrilling I bet.
I hope you and your father are well. Lillith tells me to ask you to
say hello to Walter for her. She's so immature.
I must take my leave. Goodbye Integra.
Your Friend,
Dramina
 
Dear Dramina,
Father passed away this morning and I fear my uncle might be planning something. Walter left for a trip and I don't feel safe without him here. Something strange is also happening.
Remember the old dungeon you and I ran into the first time we met? Well, father told me to go there when something went wrong. Strange, hm?
My friend, pray I write you again and soon. There's a rat around her and I don't like the smell of it.
Goodbye friend.
Sincerely,
Integra Wingates
 
JC: Ok, please be gentle in reviewing, this is my first Hellsing RP. Not sure on pairings yet.
~REVIEW~