Hellsing Fan Fiction ❯ Good Night ❯ Chapter I: Dreams ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hey there people~! I just felt like writing a Hellsing fanfic. I'm getting back into my odd fandom with watching the OVA Hahaha. Anyways, This is my first Hellsing fanfic and so, I to greatly entertain you, my audience.
 
Chapter I
~;[ “Dreams” ];~
Sometimes our dreams are only reality thrown into our face.
 
As the creaking sound of an old book drowned a large darkened room of old age Victorian style, a hymn of ticks from a small clock ticked the day by, a large queen size bed placed upon the north wall of what seemed to be a bedroom. Was adjacent to a arched window embellished with white silk curtains hiding a small balcony, black vine like design hugged the balcony to keep the viewer safe. If one were to pass by the Victorian home, the small flicker of a Hurricane lamp gave evidence that someone was still awake.
 
Silhouetted by the flickering candle lamp. A girl wearing a rather simple night gown was deeply submerged in what seemed to be a frenzy of writing, the scratches of the tip of a feather quill danced as it's partner, the girls hand guided the thoughts into calligraphy. A smile gracing the feminine lips of this young woman, the quill finally came to rest within its perch beside the ink basin, a sigh of breath blowing over the pages to dry, a wail from the aged book's spine signified that the young lady's words ended.
 
Pushing from the desk the woman turned, her eyes blue filled with the haze for the desire to sleep, she would bow to her lamp exhaling a sigh of breath releasing the candle from its slow melting waxy death.
 
“Aah, the night sky is rather lovely today.” Came the tired voice, settling into her bed which seemed rather comfortable now that sleep clawed at her body, the young woman nestled into a large feather pillow as she reached for a book. Prying the book open slowly the woman flipped through the pages to where she last left off from her readings, her blue eyes filled with now a mix of lethargy and amusement.
 
Finally throwing in a white towel the young lady closed her book with tender care, smiling she then embraced the book within her arms hugging it as if it were a cute teddy bear.
 
“I wonder.” She paused as her face stilled into an expression of curiosity, pulling the book from her body she stared at the cover for a good time, “I wonder if they do exist...” The woman then smiled embracing the book once more before settling it down upon the night stand beside her bed, turning the nozzle to extinguish another Hurricane lamp. The lady of the house proceeded to rest her tired eyes mumbling as sleep overcame her body. “Good night Alucard.”
 
For many days the woman would read this book of wonder and would write in her journal, as well every night she would bid a good night to the being known as Alucard.
 
However, one night the woman would then learn her lesson; if you wish for something it may one day come true...
“Good night Alucard.” The smiling young woman whispered as she finally let her tired eyes gain their prize of rest.
 
As the young woman stirred in her bed, the lids of her eyes slowly rose to grant her sigh to the world, her body feeling frozen worried her as she seemed stiff, her eyes widening as she felt a warm caress. She would then break free from her spell of paralysis and to her surprise there sat a tall man adorned in a red coat, the moon being selfish to only grant light upon the males body she would note he must have been a wealthy man judging by his proper posture and gloved hands.
 
“H-Hello?” The young woman's voice curious spoke though, if a person were to gaze upon her face, she seemed rather angry. “It's quite rude for you to enter someone's house especially a woman's when she is sleeping Sir.”
 
“Hahahahahaha Miss Seras Victoria, you amuse me with your courtesies towards a stranger.”
A rather amused chuckle arose from the mans lips his body trembling as he seemed pleased with the sight of the woman before him. Seras had grown red from embarrassment and frustration, fisting her hands with the bed sheets, glaring coldly at the man who dared intrude into her house and then call her his amusement for her kindness .
 
“Sir, I suggest you leave my home now before I scream and cause attention to my home having the police come to my aid.” Seras would shift in her bed uneasy as the man had known her name fearing it may have been a rapist, her hand slowly inched to the head of her bed from beneath her pillow. Fingers locking over the handgun she curled her index finger into the slip for the trigger ready to defend herself if necessary, her heavy stare never wavering wanting to cause intimidation and as well show her strength. Seras knew she was not a weak woman at all, her young days were spent in the countryside of England, her parents wanting a life of relaxation, that was until her mother had passed and she and her father then turned towards the city. As Seras played her starring contest with the shadowed man before her, the young woman would lift her eyebrow in sheer confusion as why the man never bugged but to her surprise, smile. “Sir, Why do you not move.”
 
“Do you want me to move girl?” The male before the young woman spoke so calmly and coyly still relaxed within the chair parallel to the desk where Seras wrote in her journal.
 
Seething Seras's anger grew as she was referred to as a girl and not a woman, which she was, one who knew how to use the gun and was feeling trigger happy at the moment.
 
The man seeing the woman's anger grow decided to play with her mind and hold his hands up, within his grasp was the leather bound book that Seras wrote in daily. Seras's jaw dropping and eyes growing wide only fueled the man onward as he would shift his weight a bit before opening the book sifting through the pages before he would pause hearing a click. The man who seemed much so involved in his surroundings cocked his head to the side gazing at the barrel of a small Winchester handgun pointing directly towards his eye. A inhuman grin adorned his face as he starred into Seras's eyes noting how firm she held the gun, his chuckles arising once more filling the dark house. The man spoke so slyly, “Is this how you treat your guests?”
“Those who enter my house without my permission and then proceed to rummage through my things and decide to take that book are no guests of mine.” Coldly came Seras's voice as she held the gun in perfect stance never wavering her hand, “My book please.”
 
Deciding to have fun, the male would hand the book over, extending her hand, Seras would reach for her journal as she suddenly as the wind knocked out of her, but from what? The man sat firmly in his chair never moving, his hands rested upon his lap; as the young Miss descended towards the ground. The faint colour of red glowed starring at her before a world of black consumed her.
 
Later waking up, Seras shot up with eyes wide and of course fearing she may have lost her neck or body she patted down along her body in paranoia which was pretty useless. Sighing in relief Seras would gaze about her surroundings, seeing it was her own bedroom she would shake her head with a small chuckle. “It was only a dream.” the young woman would sigh, pushing out of bed and stretching her arms with a yawn, opening her door. Seras made her way through the small hallway and into the bathroom for an early morning soak and once done dress to do her rounds in the town.
 
Walking down the mid morning, early afternoon streets of London, Seras would decide her shoot at have a Café Mocha at a near pastry shop. The bell chiming to alert the owner of the store a customer arrived, Seras smiled sheepishly ordering her warm drink and pastry, a Creme Brulee.
After having her afternoon lunch or rather, brunch, Seras headed towards the flower shop seeing the lovely display of flowers, their sweet subtle smell bringing memories of her countryside home. Ordering a few clips of Sunflowers, the young woman would wander around gazing at the many shops before turning towards the protestant church. Smiling at the architecture, Seras moved past the building and towards the cemetery where she would find the tombstone of her late father. “Hello Father.” Taking a sunflower from her bouquet, Seras would lay the yellow flower seeming almost true to it's name, giving the tombstone a soft glowing yellow hue. Laughing the Seras began to tell her father of her odd dream she had of the male within her home, “Funny thing just hit me father, I never asked for his name, haha well, I suppose you never as a stranger for his name.” Dwelling on that thought Seras then smiled petting her fathers tombstone and bidding her farewell, standing up she would glance back at the grave and flower before returning her ways home, visiting the city was always a way of wasting the day away. Though on the way back would be a rough one seeing as how the drunks would now waste their money away in the local pubs. One man in particular knew Seras from when she first moved here and often tried to make moves on her or sway her heart, but half of those times he was drunk...
 
“Hhhey S..Seras.” A slurred voice came.
 
“Pip?” Questioning the voice, Seras turned around to see that it was indeed her drunk friend, Pip.
 
“Howss... about you and Iii..go and `ave drinks.” Nearly tipping over, the man who wore and eye patch and his long blonde hair in a braid loped around his neck lost his hat a he had leaned too forward. Seras quickly stepping close helped the poor drunkard up, smiling he gazed at how low the sun was setting.
“Listen Pip, another time, I need to get my house lit up” Laughing she would steady her friend before turning quickly and walking towards her home before Pip would con her into joining him.
Unlocking her door to enter her dark home, something seemed different about the air, lighting a few candles and having the windows open for the last few moments of orange light, Seras moved into her kitchen to place the sunflowers in much needed water. Smiling she would place the crystal vase in front of her window atop of the sill, before something dull caught her attention. Pivoting her foot Seras's eyes grew wide in horror as her journal was just sitting there, out, in the open. But this was not right, she would always keep it in her desk. So why here? Reaching for her book, the young woman hugged it to her body blushing lightly at what anyone may have read. Furrowing her eyebrows, she studied the book finding the book held something within its pages, Seras rose her left brow as she found a letter.
 
Walking to her velvet chair near the fireplace, she sat down comfortably and began to open the letter, pulling out the paper from the envelope, she awed at the beautiful calligraphy whoever wrote this had. Leaning back and becoming comfortable, Seras thus began her reading:
 
Dear Seras Victoria,...”
Upon reading the letter Seras would be oblivious to her surroundings, the sun still setting and her eyes set heavy upon the letter, she would slowly feel her blood run cold as she red the last of the letter.
 
Love,
Alucard.”
Growling in intense anger Seras closed her eyes balling the paper up and proceeded to throw it into the fire place. But to her dismay, she never her the small sigh of the paper hitting the ash, instead, upon opening her eyes there stood the man clad in red. Though, unlike their last meeting, you could see his face, sculpted and a light pale flesh colour, he held dangerous yet alluring eyes, tall with dark and bodied hair, her eyes then again noticed the red glow, it was his eyes. Gasping in complete and utter shock . “You weren't a dream, were you...”chuckling the man stood there with a grin gracing his lips ever so. Seras curled up into her chair as if she had saw a rat, now glaring she seethed with anger.
“You wrote this didn't you!”
 
“I did, and I did have fun last night as it so stated.” He bowed his head as he smirked handing the balled up letter to Seras once again.
 
Refusing to grasp the letter Seras wish to only play twenty questions with this mysterious man. “Who are you and why are you bothering me.”
 
“My name is Alucard, and I came to see the one who bids me good night every night. And yes, I do have quite a fine night...Seras Victoria.” How he said her name made Seras jump and shiver.
This man could not be Alucard, he was a fake, Alucard was only a fictional character in the book she would read though...
Seras's eyes scanned Alucards body studying his attire and form, “Though, I will say, you oddly look like him.” Her eyes narrowed as she moved in her chair to sit properly with posture, watching the male before her cautiously.
 
“Do you see something you enjoy girl?” Alucard chuckled as he saw Seras's eyes roaming over his body's features, his gloved hand reaching out to touch the young woman's cheek. Seras quickly withdrew pressing against the back of the chair blushing, Alucard leaned over planting his hands upon the armrests of the chair. Bowing his head close to near his lips to Seras's gasped as she felt her cheeks burning with the more growing blush, grinning Alucard then spoke. “Every night I would told good night and every night, I wondered who said these words, now I know who it is.”
 
Turning her head sharply away Seras shut her eyes tightly shut. Alucard pulling away then smirked as he removed himself from her front, moving towards he kitchen he gazed upon the flowers.
 
“What is your name really” It was eating Seras alive.
 
“Alucard.” the man cooed grinning.
 
“You are lying! Alucard is a vampire and vampires do not exist!” Seras yelled standing up from her chair as she glared her brilliant blue eyes at Alucard.
 
“Are you sure of that, Seras Victoria.”
 
Suddenly feeling her body frozen once more Seras starred at Alucard who was now approaching her, his fangs apparent as she now saw a clear view of his face, his crimson eyes glowing a soft red from the setting sun. He was a vampire after all, and real, the books the young woman read where not fictional but true and to her dismay the vampire was nearing.
 
“Tell me, are you a virgin.” starring at Alucard shocked and appalled Seras looked at the vampire dumbfounded as the question traumatized her utterly.
 
“W-What?!” Screamed the young blonde headed woman back away to fall and land rather interestingly upon her chair.
 
“Hahahahahaha. The night is still so young.”Chuckling Alucard's crimson gaze bore intensely into poor Seras's eyes. Treading once more towards Seras he would extend his hand towards the young woman's chin and curl is gloved fingers there. Turning her chin to the side, Seras trembled but was not able to move her limbs, eyes wide and searching for answers a small squeak of a voice escaped from her lips feeling a hot breath on her neck. A sharp pain then enclosed her entire body as she felt her eyes grow heavy and over again fall into darkness.
 
Waking up with eyes wide, Seras found herself in her bed, it was still night out. All the candles were blown out and her journal was still in her desk drawer, fear striking her cold she shot up and ran to her mirror lighting her lamp quickly. Gazing into her mirror she felt slight pain as she angled her head. Stunned and afraid she backed away from the mirror as he brought her hand slowly up to the side of her neck feeling if what she saw was true. Trailing her index and middle fingers along her flesh, two small wounds made their self known by as well bruised effect coursing through her body. Backing up and shaking her head, she heard a chuckle from behind as she had bumped into Alucard.
 
“Is it really that shocking? I only had a taste” With a grin to match it quickly grew wider, as Alucard's quick reflexes saved him a smack to the face, grasping Seras's hand he bored his eyes towards the traumatized woman.
 
“I'm not changed?”Seras found herself smiling in glee as she was indeed the young innocent woman she was, she still had a mission in life. Gazing off in though with the small smile gracing her lips, Alucard took notice to what this woman was idealizing. His own face softening would be broken by his own chuckles upon hearing the girl yell.
 
“Why did you do that!! Who do you think you are!”
 
“Your new room mate.” Alucard smirked since he would want to stay and see what plans this girl to bring in the future, this woman who cared for him and bided him a good night, every night.
 
“MY WHAT?!” Seras yelled from the top of her lungs fuming before gasping and catching herself as she may have woken half of the town before whispering as loud as she could glaring. The facade this girl made was utterly priceless as Alucard laughed moving away from Seras and making his way out of her bedroom.
 
“Haha. Good night Seras Victoria.”
 
oO~”“~Oo
 
Well! What do ya think, I think I did pretty good heheh. Please Read and Review!!!!! I must know if this is at least a fair story so I may continue or let it in its grave now. I know right now the story is a bit slow but, It's the introduction and it will change, and for sure a twist ending that will make you go.. “Hahah man, that was an odd one!” I mean after all when we realize what it was we think it, or at least I do, now I am rambling hahah. Anyways, Take care you guys~!
Oo~,,,,~oO ~Yue Long